• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was HYPED for snake when I saw the first brawl trailer, I think pretty much everyone was

that being said there's nothing wrong with using a character because they're good. it wouldn't make sense to do so with snake when MK and diddy are so much better and easier, but there's nothing wrong with it.

speaking of diddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6OejhNp9F4

easy naner lock, this also works on snake. we officially lose to diddy now?

watching this actually makes me want to throw up, no hyperbole

edit: apparently this works on everyone but luigi, god this game is ****ing stupid
Another reason for me to quit brawl for good, I am 95% sure its going to happen after watching this.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I eat pizza frighteningly often

I'm probably going to have a heart attack by the time I'm 30

napZzz

Smash Hero
my eating habits are also horrible. even though I'm not overweight, chances are I have the insides of a 300 pound+ person who eats horribly

etecoon

Smash Hero
my eating habits are also horrible. even though I'm not overweight, chances are I have the insides of a 300 pound+ person who eats horribly
LMAO you're like me

I'm not fat or anything

but I'm pretty sure my internal organs "real age" is about 30 years older than they should be <_< I think that might be everyone in this country though, we live on high fructose corn syrup...

and I'd quit brawl but idk what else to waste my time on lol, some single player games I still need to get through and replay and I write music but I've had some kind of multiplayer game to be obsessed with for like the past 10 years, it'd be too weird to suddenly stop that and nothing has come along to replace brawl yet. don't have PS3 or 360 and the wii is bad lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont care if brawls a dumb game, I just like traveling and going to tournies because I love my states scene and the midwest in general, and I just have fun traveling

smash is just the reason beneath all of those things to do it

I was wondering, is melee a game with any infinites? It seems like brawl makes up for no combos with a ton of variety of infinites.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I was wondering, is melee a game with any infinites? It seems like brawl makes up for no combos with a ton of variety of infinites.
ic's have a few infinites, and fox can drillshine infinite people against walls

dunno about anything else

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Fox does have infinites up against the wall and waveshining, but they are difficult to execute and thus you won't see them often.

IC's do have infinites, but the most common one, wobbling, is banned in most regions.

ICs do have grab combos though.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Superlate post, but SuSa, I wasn't basing FFXIII "goodness" off graphics -- just saying it's nice. I'd still enjoy it even if it had PS2 graphics. Music is just a plus. I enjoyed kingdom hearts despite the... disney characters. Story was weird, but I guess after Star Ocean 3 & 4, every RPG seems good, haha. The only thing I enjoyed about SO4 was the battle system, even if it is broken, haha.

It's funny how lots of games have ATs. Bejewled Blitz for FB --> elite tech, haha.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I hate disney characters to such an extreme that i'll never play kingdom hearts. I actually tried once, and after a few hours I stopped anyways because it wasboring

I have been thinking of a majority strategy rpg, but would include other elements. I wonder what one could do to mix the genre with other elements...
Superlate post, but SuSa, I wasn't basing FFXIII "goodness" off graphics -- just saying it's nice. I'd still enjoy it even if it had PS2 graphics. Music is just a plus. I enjoyed kingdom hearts despite the... disney characters. Story was weird, but I guess after Star Ocean 3 & 4, every RPG seems good, haha. The only thing I enjoyed about SO4 was the battle system, even if it is broken, haha.
You have belittled one of the few games I love most. Your cracks at Star Ocean are not welcomed. :awesome: I have not played SO4, but the other 3 to me were good.

I hate disney characters to such an extreme that i'll never play kingdom hearts. I actually tried once, and after a few hours I stopped anyways because it wasboring
Kingdom Hearts I will agree with both of you. It simply is not interesting enough. Now, I do not mind disney movies. I grew up on disney, but I there are a few I do not like.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I really don't understand how kingdom hearts is so popular

I'm pretty sure square-enix could literally package horse **** and it would sell a few million copies

I agree. Kingdom Hearts gets boring and it's a terrible crossover. Disney meets Square enix? Wtf.

FF XIII wasn't that much of a fail tbh. The story is good but the gameplay is D:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If Kingdom Hearts used it's own ****ing cast members instead of borrowing from Disney and Final Fantasy. It'd have been the ****....

Except it's gameplay (as far as battling went) was horrible.

I'd literally just play it for the storyline.

But ****ing Disney.

Fino

Since the last week has been nothing except talk of video games, why do we not merely do a simple question about them.

What sort of things do you think your ideal game would have?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
my ideal game would have MOAR GOLDEN SUN

and thats all i really need, just make golden sun into the next FF and ***** it out for all its worth, my body is ready

SuSa

I like specialization. In everything.

Refined, well thought ideas that are executed to their greatest potential.

So there'd need to be many games, each the perfect for it's genre.

The perfect RPG.
The perfect FPS.
The perfect puzzle game. (Okay, this would have to be plural....)
The perfect rythm game. (Same as above)
The perfect racing game. (Two separations. Realistic (Nascar/Street Racing) and Cartoonish. (Twisted Metal, Mario Kart)
etc.

etecoon

Smash Hero
perfection isn't really objective, for any flaw you can point out in a game I could argue it as a strength. take for example FFVII's infamous legoish character models, some would say that the game would be better with very realistic models. I think it's simplicity has a unique charm and that the juxtaposition of these primitive models against prerendered backgrounds gives the game it's own aesthetic that other games don't have. I would also say that realism in general isn't always desireable and that many older games being so blatantly limited gives them the aura of playing in someone elses dream rather than playing in another reality. realism vs an obvious creation is NOT a clear choice IMO, both have their merits and "executed to their fullest potential" is going to vary depending on your tastes, you can't please everyone so there can be no "perfect" game

also I don't think I could have an "ideal" game because I play different games for different reasons. obviously I get something different from playing majora's mask or MGS3 than I get out of playing brawl, I wouldn't say one is better than the other(er, yes I would, brawl is clearly worse than both of those games, but the KIND of game brawl is isn't inferior to the kind of games those are), they are simply separate entities which have their own unique criteria for excellence.

etecoon

Smash Hero
gameplay can be subjective too, obviously things being INACCURATE is bad(hi snake's hitboxes), but mechanical things like floatyness, air momentum, traction etc. are all a matter of personal taste

like, I really don't like zero mission much at all because I feel like it's too rigid, I much prefer the looser and spacier feel of super metroids mechanics, some people prefer ZM though

SuSa

Controls. Bugs. Glitches. Bad cameras.

Yeaahhh... if you think a camera of a wall is awesome I'm going to question your mental stability. Bad cameras can ruin an otherwise epic game.

I ****ing hate DMC4 because of the ****ing random-jump camera bull**** it pulls throughout the entire game. I wanted to pull my hair out on parts because it's like "I'm running forward...now I went back... now I went back... now I.. **** YOU..."

Customizable controls should be a standard in god-damn-every-game by now... it isn't. =| If I want to make my A button reload, R1 to be crouch - R2 to be fire. L1 to be throw grenades. Triangle to be sprint, and circle to be dive. Goddamn it. Let me. It's not hard to program at all the preferences just need to be saved (a trivial matter...)

Also it's a subjective view. I think he more-or-less wanted to hear OUR IDEAS for "the perfect game". I just didn't feel like going in-depth with every genre.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree customizable controls should be standard, the DKCR fiasco where some idiot decided waggle roll was an amazing idea definitely leaves this impression very recently in my mind

if brawl didn't have customizable controls I wouldn't be playing anymore. I don't have a gamecube controller and the standard wiichuk mapping is garbage

All I am really trying to do is create conversation here to keep people from dying. If I inadvertently caused conflict due to my single question, all the better, it spawned a slew of posts for a brief period of activity :p

However, the main goal was merely for people to post their interests. My ideal game would attempt to create something that tries to incorporate everything I like about various games into one.

I think for now, my ideal game would be something simple yet semi challenging; strategy but not too indepth; great storyline, however, not too much storytelling in one go.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
^this

it was wholy original and not garbage, had a good soundtrack, stylus magic that worked, an interesting plot and fun well fleshed characters.
the best square enix game in the last 5 years imo
maybe even the last 10 lol

dragon quest 9 is pretty good too though

The story is really confusing until you finish it. That's the cool part about TWEWY. Everything is fine especially the controls.

They made the secret boss too hard but I was able to beat him at Ultimate.

Perfect game = Perfect gameplay imo

Anyone have that problem where it is easy to memorize stuff for one class, but it is insanely difficult to memorize things for another class? I am having that right now with Calc1. There is a ton of stuff to memorize for Calc1 and I am doing alright with that, but I cannot do that for other classes.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I like how active this board is :3

-Is going to hang out here more now-

also decided to pick up snake for a while and see how it goes. Rob cant do the job for me too well : C

I like how active this board is :3

-Is going to hang out here more now-

also decided to pick up snake for a while and see how it goes. Rob cant do the job for me too well : C

It took a lot of hard work to get it this active.

Nice to see more people here, and good thing you went with Snake. See you around more often I hope.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Someone hacked DKCR to remap the waggle commands to the B trigger when using the Wiimote.

Now if someone can remap the game to read GC controllers.

SuSa

I miss what is now commonly referred to as "Legacy" controls for FPS.

I remember some old old 007 game used it as defaults and I used to be able to use it really well.

Now I can't use it at all. T_T

For those curious what Legacy is:

Left stick = look left, look right. Move forward. Move back
Right stock = Look up, look down. Move left. Move right.

FINO

Top Bottom