• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Savon

Smash Ace
Sheik boards are discussing the Snake MU input would be greatly appreciated.
Sheik has a few things in this MU that she can abuse against Snake. For one there is her ftilt. Naturally with Snake Snake Sheik can chain this move together quite a few times before finishing it with a nice Usmash.
The biggest problem for Snakes in this MU are Sheiks needles. The needles are fast enough to lessen the effectiveness of Snakes grenade game significantly. If timed properly they will even blow them up in while he is still holding them. This is only made more problematic by the fact that unlike falcos lasers, snake cannot duck under the needles as efficiently. If Sheik can get Snake into the air or off the stage she is also looking to get a nice bit of damage with her fast aerials, but pretty much anybody with a good air game does that to Snake.

Nonetheless Snake still has his general tricks to deal with Sheik. He is going to be living for quite a long time unless Sheik can get a nice dsmash or usmash in. Snake is not going to be having much trouble taking a stock off of Sheik in this fight.

Basically Snake can do his general tactics in this MU, so if Sheik wants to win she is REALLY going to have to abuse her ability to pressure him with his needles.

Limeee

Smash Champion
shiek vs snake is a clear example of whats wrong with snake

he gets ****ing ***** (until like 200%), until someone (in this case shiek) ****s up and gets *****. its a silly match up
shiek can **** you, but canot kill

:009:

can we restart the stage discussion. I don't care much about the neutrals and stages we do well on. I need to know how to play against the characters that **** us on the new liberal stage list. The stages i wanted to discuss were : Brinstar, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Distant Planet, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes. You may feel like saying its no use discussing them but I feel like we could change the MU for the better if we discuss what we could do on the stages i stated.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
sorry to derail the discussion(s), but there's some stuff yesterday I need to reply to

**** sounds good Tommy.
**** is the best.

I hate using the word **** now. I think of where it comes from, and how it translates to other things. It seems so degrading anytime its used. I blame my college classes for that.
I hate the word gay now, I figure as long as the object is not having sexual relations with other objects of the same gender it should not be refered to as gay.
MK is gay (Both ways) :p
MK is gay AND *****.

i have a dirty mouth and I dont think thats changing anytime soon

being nice sucks

it doesn't get you anywhere

be a JERK!
Nappy, I swear, sometimes I think we are the same person lol.

if only I knew what was censored
which is why people should censor dodge more.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Rainbow Cruise is one of Snake's best stages, if you are having trouble on it it means you don't know how to play on it.

and before SuSa claims to be the first to mention it, let it be known that New England Snakes regularly pick Rainbow Cruise since 08

Rainbow Cruise is one of Snake's best stages, if you are having trouble on it it means you don't know how to play on it.

and before SuSa claims to be the first to mention it, let it be known that New England Snakes regularly pick Rainbow Cruise since 08
I like how you said nothing about my main point and deciding to troll and talk about how good snake is on RC. i've said it before and i'll say it again " i like rainbow cruise". I think it the backround that makes it enjoyable. And if you guys like it so much and do well on it wouldn't it be beneficial to share what make you do so well on rainbow cruise.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you're the only one that I've seen that actually counterpicks it <_<

but fatal was one of the first people I played that banned brinstar instead, let me take him to RC and then beat me worse than he did on a neutral, now almost everyone bans brinstar lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Snake camps on RC very well because of its size, his recovery isnt ****ed on parts of it like it ****s other chars who cant move after their up b, and snake's up b goes very high, so if you know the layout well enough you can escape very well and continue. 3rd part of stage has a very low ceiling allowing early kills with u-tilt, plus the walkoff sides allows for more room to camp.

The fact that the stage is moving on times would give some more interesting grab releases, like grab release to utilt on mk on the 3rd transformation.

I guess the 2nd transformation would be the worst for snake because its moving up, what I like to do is to get high and lay nades/c4 around, so if they try to attack me they could eat an early death. But I think fighting on that part is fine too because of the speed and height you gain with the cypher + second jump.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't mind that so much, I think the walkoff part if you're playing DDD or diddy is really the only horrible part. I probably wouldn't CP anyone there as snake(olimar maybe?) but I never understood why any snake players let themselves be taken to brinstar instead, RC is so much more manageable

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
the walk offs make for easy enough ftilt kills and the rediculously low ceiling at the top is great for utilt as well

plus a lot of characters cannot recover reliably on RC which only helps.

how long do C4/claymores last? can you drop one on one pass and still have it be there the next time around?

etecoon

Smash Hero
27.5 seconds for C4 IIRC, pretty sure each cycle is significantly longer than that but I'm not testing it because that would require me to take DKCR out of my wii for this trash game : p

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
DKCR hasnt been out of my wii since day one and its staying in there til i beat it D<

stupid minecart boss *sigh* i think i've spent over 100 lives on this world alone

I'm buying DKCR today.

I'm shocked about Mario Sports Mix. Square Enix!?!! Lulz

It's kind of weird that there are more Mario sports/misc games than the real ones.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
There are platforms that could help against walkoffs, cept they are a bit too close to the ground, i like the ones on castle siege walk off much better, but hey platforms still help.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

I've been counterpicking cruise since ****ing Melee.

Totally beats 2008. :troll: People just don't know how to play on the stage.

/troll + unintentional double post but I just realized it's going to be a double post

I need an avatar change. SuSa might have just given me the idea.
While I am deciding, here is a random picture I drew a few weeks back.

This is sad that I am living off of peanut butter and chocolate until the places open up tomorrow morning so I can get food because I am too lazy to walk 20 minutes down the road to get something. Anyway... that show is dumb.

on an opponent that get up attacks away first... is it humanly possible to react to all options with d-throw -> jab?

sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I no longer believe. I know that you do not have to do that for characters like DDD or TL. I feel as if you can just wait for them to do something.

How does one play a basic control game over grenades and bananas v. Diddy? I'm having issues with this MU.
Get control of bananas first then maybe use some grenades?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Snakes. I was just going round to a few character boards to inform them personaly about a new AT thread in tactical discussion (cause not enough people check in there anymore). It seems obvious to me that this tech will benefit your character more than others, so check it out.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292308
If you could make any posts in that thread then it will save me from coming back here. Cheers.

Top Bottom