• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
LOL at my picture on the OP. I saw the thread title before this new one. Thanks UL and all the others who wished for me to do good. Unfortunely I lost to Gnes and Dojo, 5th and 6th place. Close games with both great players from Texas. It was great playing them, and I had lots of fun. Aside from a few wrong things going on with how mlg ran tournaments, it was pretty awesome.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Krystedez, wario from IL who beat DEHF in winners got DQ and sent to losers because they had told him his next match was at a certain time, but they had started to call the matches earlier, like 30 minutes earlier. He was DQ'd for not showing up, even though he got there before the time they had told him.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Just got back from MLG. Was ****ing amazing, fun as hell meeting everyone and watching everything. I did much better than I expected. Losing to Tearbear was a little unexpected cuz about 3 people said I would beat him, but didn't. Then I lose to Shakey in losers, he's insane. Had no idea Ness was capable of half the things he did. Sucks I had to play Fatal 3rd round of winners. 15 hour drive to play someone I play every single tourney at a national. But oh well, second highest placing Snake next to Ally ftw I guess. Just sucks I was knocked out of top 16 cuz of Ness xd. Gotta learn that matchup now. Always thought it was like a 70:30 matchup due to grab release, but doesn't help if you can't get the grab or don't know about Ness shenanigans.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Just got back from MLG. Was ****ing amazing, fun as hell meeting everyone and watching everything. I did much better than I expected. Losing to Tearbear was a little unexpected cuz about 3 people said I would beat him, but didn't. Then I lose to Shakey in losers, he's insane. Had no idea Ness was capable of half the things he did. Sucks I had to play Fatal 3rd round of winners. 15 hour drive to play someone I play every single tourney at a national. But oh well, second highest placing Snake next to Ally ftw I guess. Just sucks I was knocked out of top 16 cuz of Ness xd. Gotta learn that matchup now. Always thought it was like a 70:30 matchup due to grab release, but doesn't help if you can't get the grab or don't know about Ness shenanigans.
it's not anywhere near that IMO, for now I'd say 6:4, GOOD **** on second highest snake : ) tearbear is mad underrated lol, better not to listen to anyone IMO and treat everyone with the same threat level, that's why I'm the *** that's timing out yoshi players <_<

edit: also just found out that shaky beat afro and hrnut the week before this, WTF ness > snake :laugh:

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I wanted to play shaky, but there was like not much setups to do friendlies at. I really wanted to see how i do, since I play with smash64 like every week since the game came out. He is mad good though

Underload

Lazy
This video is UN. ****ING. BELIEVABLE.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbnTVF_CgEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbnTVF_CgEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
it's not anywhere near that IMO, for now I'd say 6:4, GOOD **** on second highest snake : ) tearbear is mad underrated lol, better not to listen to anyone IMO and treat everyone with the same threat level, that's why I'm the *** that's timing out yoshi players <_<

edit: also just found out that shaky beat afro and hrnut the week before this, WTF ness > snake :laugh:
I dunno, it's probably cuz Afro and Hrnut didn't know all the shenanagans Ness can do either. Like during our match, he PK Fired me from the air, and as I try to SDI out of it, I get hit by another, and another before finally getting out of it, taking a stupid amount of damage. I'm also terrified of Ness at high %s because of Bthrow. It's like an unblockable kill move. Unlike other matchups where you can hide in shield and be safe at 200%, you can't against Ness. I probably should have tried to hard camp him, but I didn't think I'd need to.

etecoon

Smash Hero
This video is UN. ****ING. BELIEVABLE.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbnTVF_CgEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbnTVF_CgEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
this is possibly one of the stupidest games I have ever seen, NICE STAGE LIST MLG!!

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dunno, it's probably cuz Afro and Hrnut didn't know all the shenanagans Ness can do either. Like during our match, he PK Fired me from the air, and as I try to SDI out of it, I get hit by another, and another before finally getting out of it, taking a stupid amount of damage. I'm also terrified of Ness at high %s because of Bthrow. It's like an unblockable kill move. Unlike other matchups where you can hide in shield and be safe at 200%, you can't against Ness. I probably should have tried to hard camp him, but I didn't think I'd need to.
ness vs. snake is even, maybe slightly snakes advantage I swear :|

MY BOY OOK PUTTIN IN WORK

etecoon

Smash Hero
no one actually pays attention to the BBR, that's why the entire meta knight ban argument was a ******** farce, it doesn't matter.

Limeee

Smash Champion
my region uses green greens :D

as soon as my boy t-block argues in the back room (he was just invited in) he will argue that green greens is legit

he's like the canadian overswarm, he just wins every argument

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
So I just played Brawl again for th first time in... 3 months? Wow, gotta get back the basics. My DI is terrible, haha. Hopefully any bad habits are gone. Also, looks like I missed a bunch of stuff. Gonna watch as many MLG youtube vids as I can. Might as well check out the MLG rules too (green greens?). Good to see some of the old faces though. Time to build upon the basics once again.

Also, UL a mod? You weren't a mod before right? Here's a late Congrats!

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hello ^_^

Reason i came here is because it seems like most snake mains have really awesome names lol. So could someone help me with a name for my fps games that i play? Idk what kind of name i want so yal just try to help me pick out one that very cool and not taken lol.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hello ^_^

Reason i came here is because it seems like most snake mains have really awesome names lol. So could someone help me with a name for my fps games that i play? Idk what kind of name i want so yal just try to help me pick out one that very cool and not taken lol.
Grave?
Testie
China
America
Fog
Rain
Reign
Blind
Light
Dark
etc....

RATED

Smash Lord
ness vs. snake is even, maybe slightly snakes advantage I swear :|
hell no, if you played a good ness like ( Shaky , Fow) or any other that I havent heard off, is not even, is just that those people are so ****ing good that can even play at high lvl of play with crappy characters and probably you got outplayed. ( I am not saying that you are a bad player or something else)

with this said, props to Ness or any non top high mainer that can do such a thing.

even though I don't consider that Ness sucks.

-Ran

Smash Master
Ness isn't overwhelming once you learn the match up. It's just how often are you going to fight a really good Ness player? They have a lot of movement that they can do by virtue of how their character attacks, and they have so many little tricks they can do. Plus, as long as Ness is ground releasing you're getting a free kill.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Isn't the ground release cg banned? Its a free ftilt otherwise....but ness is hard to grab tbh

-Ran

Smash Master
I've had success with the occasional reverse boost pivot grab. I'm not saying CG him, but rather just take your free up-tilt.

Shaky

Smash Ace
It's not a free up-tilt. In fact, it's not a free forward-tilt either, only the first move connects if you SDI it right. The matchup is still on Snake's favor though.

Chuee

Smash Hero
It's not a free up-tilt. In fact, it's not a free forward-tilt either, only the first move connects if you SDI it right. The matchup is still on Snake's favor though.
Yeah, but if they predict it they get a free regrab =/

napZzz

Smash Hero
TEH MASTER HAS SPOKEN

1smallletter

Top Bottom