• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Sorry I dont wanna steal your money afro. You're the guy who thinks snake vs. mk is even, cant be very good imo. I'd tear that up

CO18

Smash Hero
Sorry I dont wanna steal your money afro. You're the guy who thinks snake vs. mk is even, cant be very good imo. I'd tear that up
is this a joke? if not ill spot afro the 50 that way you wouldnt be stealing his money

and yea afro used to be #1 in fl

napZzz

Smash Hero
is this a joke? if not ill spot afro the 50 that way you wouldnt be stealing his money

and yea afro used to be #1 in fl
70% of my snake boards posts are me trolling

I'm lookin to start playin more snakes though gotta change up my style with a bit of thiefin and getting better at the almighty snake ditto

napZzz

Smash Hero
is it female issues? thats the leading cause in depression among good natured males because *****es aint ****

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
"If you're havin girl problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a ***** ain't one."

All joking aside.

My aunt died earlier today, leaving her four kids with their useless father. It's really sad, and to make matters worse, I can't even afford to go the the funeral, because it's in Jamaica. :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
won a comicon tourney today using mostly snake, had to use MK on a couple people/most of grand finals though...my marth bombed lol, I lost with him to pikachu o_O

guess that stuff about me being better with marth was premature lmao, snake still my second best

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
to not main Snake?
Kinda...

That Selena Gomez is lame?
Definitely not! Nice try. lol

***** out and switch to MK?
No, close though.

That Zaj is a sexy beast?
I already decided this a while ago.

Actually it's more like:
Why play only ROB and Snake?
So now I play MK, Marth, ROB, and Snake. (They are all my mains now, or something like that)

What do you guys think about it? or what do you think of me?

-Ran

Smash Master
Actually it's more like:
Why play only ROB and Snake?
So now I play MK, Marth, ROB, and Snake. (They are all my mains now, or something like that)

What do you guys think about it? or what do you think of me?
Very few people can handle playing multiple mains at a relatively high level of play. It's one thing to learn the basics, but it's another to continue to get them all to a high value of staying power. I suppose, if we equate character skill to a number you could have: [using myself as an example]

Snake: 60
Marth: 65
Mario: 30

Now, I could continue to work on both of my characters to balance out their growth as I have been doing for the better part of the year, or I can add another character into the mix such as Falco. I say both, only because I only play Mario during Low Tier events so my focus for practicing has only been Marth and Snake. After two weeks of play, my character skill levels look like:

Marth: 65
Mario: 30
Falco: 15

I could continue to work on the Falco, and maybe get him up to 20-40 over the course of a month, but who is to say that the time spent on maintaining that fourth character isn't preventing my other characters from becoming that much better? Eventually you dilute your potential growth for your characters drastically by dividing your attention.

Underload

Lazy
This is how I do it. Just make an effort chart (I usually just do it mentally, but whatever). Everything is out of 100, and the numbers are supposed to represent how much work you put into a character, with 100 being your maximum patience & work ethic.

Ness: 40

I'm slowly dropping in my Snake usage, and adding it to Ness usage.

Realistically, you need to keep a constant 40 to consider a character your main. I don't main Ness, I've just been putting more with in with him lately.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you shouldn't play more than 3 characters, as in your tournament characters

Use 2 if you need one for matchups or something and maybe 1 other for low tiers occasionally

I use Snake as a main.

Second main would be Falco or Diddy depending on the MU.

Low tier main: Ganondorf

Why? I got to him first and I got too used to him. I still love him :)

----------------
Sorry if I was suppose to post this in the MU thread or Q and A but about Marth:

Grenade stripping is useless against him. He'll usually instant throw it before you even try stripping a grenade. You might strip the nade in the middle of no where with out it damaging anyone or you'll eat it a long with the other grenade your pulling up.

So Grenade strip grenades aren't that effective against Marth -.-

Never strong throw or throw near Marth :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah it's really inadvisable to try and take too many characters seriously, a few people have had success with it like ninjalink and azen but MOST people are much more successful emphasizing 1-3 characters. I only really take MK, snake, and marth seriously and even then I probably play MK about twice as much as snake.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
the reason we don't considered brawl deep is the lack of ATs or garunteed combos or difficult timing for things, however every character has its nuances that truely bring depth into the game.

In general only maining a character with dedication, knowledge, and without hesitation will truely bring out all the nuances and how your character can truely thrive, this is not player skill but rather player knolwedge. but IF you don't know snakes F tilt ***** you probably won't use it

napZzz

Smash Hero
----------------
Sorry if I was suppose to post this in the MU thread or Q and A but about Marth:

Grenade stripping is useless against him. He'll usually instant throw it before you even try stripping a grenade. You might strip the nade in the middle of no where with out it damaging anyone or you'll eat it a long with the other grenade your pulling up.

So Grenade strip grenades aren't that effective against Marth -.-

Never strong throw or throw near Marth :(
what? You know every character can instant throw right, otherwise nade stripping against ANY character is safe as long as you're doing it right

so underload is closing all the critique threads but he hasn't closed 2 threads full of flaming and off topic nonsense.....hmmm

Top Bottom