• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Turazrok

Smash Master
what? You know every character can instant throw right, otherwise nade stripping against ANY character is safe as long as you're doing it right

so underload is closing all the critique threads but he hasn't closed 2 threads full of flaming and off topic nonsense.....hmmm
You mean this one? HAHAHAHAHA

Bad joke is bad.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Is this a joke post?

Sorry if I was suppose to post this in the MU thread or Q and A but about Marth:

Grenade stripping is useless against him. He'll usually instant throw it before you even try stripping a grenade. You might strip the nade in the middle of no where with out it damaging anyone or you'll eat it a long with the other grenade your pulling up.

So Grenade strip grenades aren't that effective against Marth -.-

Never strong throw or throw near Marth :(

Did you just seriously post this?

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth instant throwing is actually not that effective because he's tall and the nade tends to go right over your head harmlessly, short characters like META KNIGHT need to start using this more

but that's a player specific thing and has little to do with matchups. also cook your nades and that won't happen lol

Should work on my grenade stripping :/

It's been a while since I didn't play brawl. Thanks guys for the tips :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like sounds that are arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner via use of rhythm, melody, harmony, and timbre

napZzz

Smash Hero
What type of music do you all listen to?
I can listen to just about anything as long as its well composed. Aside from most of the current hip hop/rap standard **** in general sort of.

I mainly like ska, which is just punk with brass instruments in the background =D, and TONS of techno ****. Mainly drumNbass and house

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like pretty much every genre except country and rap. Although there's a few exceptions.

Oh and definitely not any of that stupid tween stuff. Y'know, Justin Bieber, Jonas Bros, etc. So bad...

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I love techno of various varieties, smooth jazz and metal.

I don't like counrty, and generally don't like most rap, or anything that is played on the billboard top 100, with the exception of Lady Gaga. Gaga is too good.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think gaga is extremely overrated but still aight considering what else is played on radio these days

also ambient, avant garde, big beat, blues, breakcore, classical, chiptune, deep house, drum and bass, film soundtracks, game soundtracks, heavy metal, house, industrial, jungle, lo-fi, new age, power metal, progressive metal, progressive rock, progressive trance, punk, rap, thrash metal, trance, trip hop, world

in general I like anything I consider good lol, only genre I can think of that I tend to automatically hate is country.

napZzz

Smash Hero
forgot to mention I also cant stand country :|

hey guys I reached 3000 posts today am i cool yet?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'd probably be near 3,000 too if smashboards never changed the "social thread posts don't go towards your post count" thing. But then again, everyone's post count would probably go waaay up.

napZzz

Smash Hero
oh...thats what you were talking about

I didnt really have many in there, but I remember losing like 50 posts and it confused me

NaveAdair

Smash Rookie
I'd probably have a few thousand posts if I started posting back when I made my account. >.>

So Snakes, what's up?

Limeee

Smash Champion
the only country song i like is hey soul sister

you gotta like that one, its a popular song thats actually ****ing happy :D

and if i had a million dollars, thats pretty chill

napZzz

Smash Hero
You'll have to play it to understand

I played it in an alternate state of mind....and it was beyond incredible

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I was told to try playing it during an altered state of mind, haven't had a convenient opportunity come up yet...

NaveAdair

Smash Rookie
Robot Unicorn Attack is awesome, but we all knew that. What do you guys think about the new one (Give Up, Robot)?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Robot Unicorn Attack is awesome, but we all knew that. What do you guys think about the new one (Give Up, Robot)?
I beat it on normal in 30 mins 200 deaths.
First time i beat hard it took 30 mins 400 deaths.
Second time 20 mins 200 deaths.
I had to of gotten atleast 150 deaths on Hard 6...

NaveAdair

Smash Rookie
Fine, topic title, music it is then.

Well, the band I'm currently listening to is The Mars Volta, a really good prog rock band. They've been around for a while now, but if you don't know them, I recommend checking them out; at the moment, I can't stop listening to Agadez, so that couldn't be a bad place to start.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've been listening to a lot of Guilty Gear music lately, mostly from X, and XX.

The bands I listen to the most are Rammstein and Cradle of Filth.

Christina Aguilera's new single is real hot.

Top Bottom