• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

MK is an amazing secondary for snake. hard counters DDD, marth, DK, ROB, olimar, covers some nasty stages too
If you know the match-up first off. Most DDD, marth, DK, rob, and olimar will know how to beat MK easily at any high level unless you get yourself there first.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
But for someone who doesnt' main DDD, it was pretty dang close! My 200% against your 170%. If only I didnt' keep getting hit by the stupid dash attack. That caused me to stop attacking you for like 30 seconds.

Ack! Why MK? Go with someone else. MK is dumb. Too many people main him. Main Ganon instead.
I'm pretty sure I had an SD there somewhere. And I'm using MK because noone else at my college are because mk mains gets so much **** from ppl. I'm trying to prove how hes not broken and give them the mk matchup experience too. Plus I get a good secondary =D.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, I hope that drama is over.

Why would you go MK? He isn't even fun. Just get good with Snake and do good with him!

I'm pretty sure I had an SD there somewhere. And I'm using MK because noone else at my college are because mk mains gets so much **** from ppl. I'm trying to prove how hes not broken and give them the mk matchup experience too. Plus I get a good secondary =D.
You know how many SDs I had a match? I pretty much had one every match xD The G&W vs MK was so funny. I take a 2 stock lead only to lose it in the end to a failed Fair onstage xD

But MK is broken. You will find that out and then become a solo MK main. It happened to etecoon. It will happen to you.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You know how many SDs I had a match? I pretty much had one every match xD The G&W vs MK was so funny. I take a 2 stock lead only to lose it in the end to a failed Fair onstage xD

But MK is broken. You will find that out and then become a solo MK main. It happened to etecoon. It will happen to you.
Yeah MK is broken I agree with that. But, I play the game because it is fun. MK aint so much fun as Snake is. Plus, my Mk sucks haha.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
MK is not broken, if he is, he would be on top of every tourneys. In NE I've only being to 1 tourney where an MK finished 1st. Plus how many times does MK actually win a national?

I use Snake, Falco, and MK.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
MK is not broken, if he is, he would be on top of every tourneys. In NE I've only being to 1 tourney where an MK finished 1st. Plus how many times does MK actually win a national?

I use Snake, Falco, and MK.
You forget things like error, just saying. Not the character's error, but the person playing.

I honestly don't play to win though, I play for fun. Ness sucks but man do I love doing well with him.

Snake is fun cause of his explosive camping game

Falco is fun cause he's good in camping and blasting someone with blue lasers feels good

MK is broken so I don't have much fun ;_;

All MUs against ICs are sooo easy to define (except Snake and MK) Look down:
None of this is going to matter once i grab you ^.^

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I tried to pick up Falco as a secondary once. I could not do it, it was so boring just runing around shooting lasers and phantasming all day.

I like hitting people hard, and in the face. That's why I play Snake in Brawl and Ganon in Melee.

I enjoy playing MK, being mostly a Melee player, I think he's fun to play since he's the most like a Melee character. I've been playing Ganon recently too.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm not a solo MK main, I've only gone MK only once in tournament and I got wrecked(no character johns though I was playing awful). the one tournament that I've won I used snake in grand finals. I always have 3-5 characters that I'm working on

I don't think MK is broken unless there are no planking rules, he's just extremely good. possibly still ban worthy, but not broken

what DID happen to me is that I realized that snake isn't what he's cracked up to be. he's really good and all but I really don't consider him to be the second best character and I face palm in my head when people call him broken

Yeah MK is broken I agree with that. But, I play the game because it is fun. MK aint so much fun as Snake is. Plus, my Mk sucks haha.
it depends on matchups for me, some I'd rather play against as MK, some as snake, some maybe someone else(playing marth and I'm picking up DDD now).

You forget things like error, just saying. Not the character's error, but the person playing.
if player error/getting outplayed is a factor, and becomes one on a consistent basis, then the character isn't broken. too good maybe, but that and broken are two different things still. even most of the people who want MK banned don't describe him as literally being broken, just overcentralizing

MK is just too overrated.

I know he has an endless number of advantages but surely, he still has some disadvantages.

And also, he has a tough time against Snake, Falco and Diddy but it's obviously his favor though.

RATED

Smash Lord
Snake is fun cause of his explosive camping game

Falco is fun cause he's good in camping and blasting someone with blue lasers feels good

MK is broken so I don't have much fun ;_;

All MUs against ICs are sooo easy to define (except Snake and MK) Look down:
I could be everything in my "smash career" except a falco mainer, he bores me at a extent that makes turn off the wii and go home.

I play Snake only most tourney, sometimes I go Snake/DDD but my main perse is Snake only and I 2nd DK, DDD and Marth, but I dislike the fact of getting to use my 2nd at tourneys as it will decrease the rate of chance of learning something new with my main at a tourney set. I prefer getting to play bad matchups with my main, learn the matchup no matter what.

so people what are ur 2nd if u use any?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I used Marth as a secondary, then he got dropped. Then, I used MK yet he got dropped too. I prefer just to go Snake on everything.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I have a bad curse with snake, he's one of my favorites but I just don't do well as him. I started using marth more like a week ago and I already do better with him than snake :/ sometimes this is true even with like, mid tier characters, it makes me sad lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
I have a bad curse with snake, he's one of my favorites but I just don't do well as him. I started using marth more like a week ago and I already do better with him than snake :/ sometimes this is true even with like, mid tier characters, it makes me sad lol
welcome to my world

I enjoy playing diddy so much (who I also believe is better), but I'm always going back to snake for some reason that I cant figure out <__<

etecoon

Smash Hero
brawl is a campy game and snake is one of the only characters(if not the only) who's camping is at all entertaining

I also enjoy having a roster full of ice climber counters, **** ice climbers : )

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

True. He's the only MK I've played against. Calvin thinking about other people first (even if he benefits from it :p). Also Berk, you're awesome for your spongebob avy. I have the 1st two season of Spong on my comp.

On another note - not gonna post for a while. Personal Issues.

True. He's the only MK I've played against. Calvin thinking about other people first (even if he benefits from it :p). Also Berk, you're awesome for your spongebob avy. I have the 1st two season of Spong on my comp.

On another note - not gonna post for a while. Personal Issues.
Darn it, I was going to ask you to play my MK. I would show you the shiizy that no MK you have ever played has shown you before :laugh: I am more surprised to here you say how little MK has influenced your lifes. You were a virgin Darkshadow until yume appeared in your life.

Berserker, when you are ready I can play today as you asked people for on thrusday and wednesday.

etecoon

Smash Hero
man meta knight is a horrible character

he's like not even viable, wasting your time yume

etecoon

Smash Hero
I might have to sometime, need more IRL practice but I'm starting to think twice about going to tournaments because it costs money <_< it wouldn't be so bad if there were free parking around DNA >:

edit

I WONDER WHY NO SNAKE BOARDERS WANT TO WIFI ME

<_<

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
well BU host a Smashfest every friday afternoon from 3-7,some ppl even stay afterwards too.

link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256340

Its being getting really popular lately, but we still need more good Brawl players to come.

Everyone should come to this!

edit: OMG SuSa's back! Looks like hes being busy too looking at that win-loss record.

nvmd this is from back in the days isnt it.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yume do you believe this ?

Also, I wish I live in MA. I "feel" like I would be able to go to more tourneys there.
Nah, MK isn't that broken, he's not that much ahead of say Snake, Diddy, or Falco.

And yeah, NE has a good amount of tourneys. And some of them arent hard to get to. So yeah you prob would.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Ohhhh, I just remembered!

I watch a whole bunch of new vids of Ally v. M2K.....under this Youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp

And....after....watching them. I saw many chances where Ally could have crouched under *****-nado. (RedHalberd's trixie)

I mean I'm not saying that Ally should be able to "get that hang of it....." or anything....but that he should use it, because it'd help.

My reason for bring this up is to reinforce it!

etecoon

Smash Hero
ya I also mentioned to him in his Q/A topic that you can footstool it to prevent getting juggled by it, something I also see almost no snake's do is footstooling people that try to edge hog you after cypher, a lot of the time you don't have to C4 yourself

footstooling is good lol

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Ohhhh, I just remembered!

I watch a whole bunch of new vids of Ally v. M2K.....under this Youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp

And....after....watching them. I saw many chances where Ally could have crouched under *****-nado. (RedHalberd's trixie)

I mean I'm not saying that Ally should be able to "get that hang of it....." or anything....but that he should use it, because it'd help.

My reason for bring this up is to reinforce it!
ya I also mentioned to him in his Q/A topic that you can footstool it to prevent getting juggled by it, something I also see almost no snake's do is footstooling people that try to edge hog you after cypher, a lot of the time you don't have to C4 yourself

footstooling is good lol
Yea, 2 very very good things that help Snake.
I've been working on my footstooling abilities.....
I <3 Footstooling.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if he's directly below you no, you jump and you can either bair through the tornado or land normally. but as ally said it depends on where MK is, he can do it so you can't footstool it

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Footstooling is hard to do when the MK moves the nado where your feet can't touch him :p and crouching looks too risky to me lol.
Ally, I doubt it's risky. Next time try it at least once. Please.
Also, look at this at 1:46:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBNVJU9W4M

(Ally if you see this reply to it.....I wanna know what you think)

Footstool nado?

Won't you get most likely hit?
Duuh! I think your hurtbox (as Snake) hit's MK's nado hitbox when you try to footstool him in Nado. (Also, if you did it wouldn't do anything at ALL; you'd just jump up.....and he'd keep nadoing......because of how Footstool works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that don't see it:

Here's something interesting, if you use "the arms" of the very begining of DACUS look what happens. (I mean I already sorta knew this)

:13-:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM
?

all I'm seeing is a contact dacus?
DACUS cut through MK Nado. (At least if you use "the invincibility" of the arms during DA).

Look again and pause it RIGHT on :14.
it was during the startup of it, tornado gains priority over time. dash attack/dacus normally loses to tornado but a lot of things will beat it on startup
You sure?
During DA Snakes arms are invincible. Look....at 2:12.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8X9uhKIM
tested it again, I was actually wrong on dash attack outright losing to it, you can clank with it, but the later part of tornado doesn't get broken, it just cancels both attacks

Okay that's helpful...against nado....
But that mean you'd have to use that "exact part" of Nado to do it.

Top Bottom