• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Backwards Nade its press down from ledge -> jump -> flick control stick away from stage -> press B

Wavebounce Nikita is hold back from ledge -> jump -> press B -> flick control stick towards stage.

If you want I can get on Wifi and show you.

etecoon

Smash Hero
ya I want to play you, lol trying to demonstrate technical things on wifi though <_<

my code is 1763 0505 3898 I'll host

Underload

Lazy
OMGGGGG

Yume, that's ancient stuff. I don't care if you tell people about it, but don't act like it's new or anything :p I've already taught other people in Colorado some of that stuff!

Wavebounce Nikita is all but useless. You might think it's a good utility or something, but it isn't. It literally never helps you, it only gets punished, or nothing changes. Now, if your opponent is recovering from under you, then a ledgehopped backwards Nikita that's immediately canceled is a really good edgeguard tool.

I should make my own video just detailing every little thing I know. Who knows, it might help someone somewhere.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
OMGGGGG

Yume, that's ancient stuff. I don't care if you tell people about it, but don't act like it's new or anything :p I've already taught other people in Colorado some of that stuff!

Wavebounce Nikita is all but useless. You might think it's a good utility or something, but it isn't. It literally never helps you, it only gets punished, or nothing changes. Now, if your opponent is recovering from under you, then a ledgehopped backwards Nikita that's immediately canceled is a really good edgeguard tool.

I should make my own video just detailing every little thing I know. Who knows, it might help someone somewhere.
All but useless means it is really useful. =/ I think you meant all but useful.

efff still no wiis for a decent price :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
he is esp vs short characters that require near perfect SHDL timing but I'm just bad at the falco vs snake MU, do much better at dittos or marth/MK or even fox lmao

RATED

Smash Lord
ok, since the point is getting a "topic" this may sound weird in this boards but anyone here is waiting for Pokemon heart gold and Soul Silver? or any other game like God of War 3?

etecoon

Smash Hero
metroid: other M and zelda wii are the top of my anticipated list. only having a wii for current gen sucks :/

oh and the okami sequel for DS even though I know nothing about it/when it's expected to be out, okami was too good

I have the Metroid Trilogy, but I have yet to play it.

metroid: other M and zelda wii are the top of my anticipated list. only having a wii for current gen sucks :/

oh and the okami sequel for DS even though I know nothing about it/when it's expected to be out, okami was too good
I know what you mean. I really hate the fact that some game series only do console only games. Such as FFXIII being for just 360 and ps3. Or 'Tales of' series doing a game for the wii or 360 console only when it makes games for sony, nintendo and microsoft. It means you pretty much have to own every single game console to play the series you really like.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So guys. I have to tell you. Turn off tap jump. :( It helps so much against the tornado.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I thought everyone does it already? Theres really no reason to keep it on. Plus you can dash dance easier with it off.

Ugh >_> Everyone just be quiet about the tap jump on/off debate. It's your preference. People do well with it on and with it off. Look at razer, he is good even though he is like the .0001% of the population that uses the wiimote/chuck.

So quit trying to convince everyone which method is best. PLEASE :(

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Please tell me you guys have seen this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5RRTBi40I
Ugh >_> Everyone just be quiet about the tap jump on/off debate. It's your preference. People do well with it on and with it off. Look at razer, he is good even though he is like the .0001% of the population that uses the wiimote/chuck.

So quit trying to convince everyone which method is best. PLEASE :(
Okay, everyone stop talking about.....tap jump. Xelyode is right.
Talk about that vid.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like tap jump on, makes it easier to jump into dair, go from nade stance to usmash, and some other tricks. then again. then again I also don't main snake and controller continuity is also good so that's part of it...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I like tap jump on, makes it easier to jump into dair, go from nade stance to usmash, and some other tricks. then again. then again I also don't main snake and controller continuity is also good so that's part of it...
I do all that things, and I keep the same controls for everyone. fyi I can up b oos with tap jump off just fine.

I do all that things, and I keep the same controls for everyone. fyi I can up b oos with tap jump off just fine.
Not that UpB for Snake OoS is all that useful xD There really is no reason for jumping out os shield much with snake anyway. Most of his options suck except for a few exceptions. And I am angry with you Yume that your Snake didn't die to my DDD >_> At least I didn't die from all those Utilts x.x I thought for sure I would die numerous times.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Haha I have wayyy too much experience with that matchup to lose to some1 who dont main DDD.

And I actually like bair oos or dj nair oos, esp from nade stance since it picks up the nade too.

And I mentioned up B oos because I'm trying to make MK into a secondary.

Haha I have wayyy too much experience with that matchup to lose to some1 who dont main DDD.

And I actually like bair oos or dj nair oos, esp from nade stance since it picks up the nade too.

And I mentioned up B oos because I'm trying to make MK into a secondary.
But for someone who doesnt' main DDD, it was pretty dang close! My 200% against your 170%. If only I didnt' keep getting hit by the stupid dash attack. That caused me to stop attacking you for like 30 seconds.

Ack! Why MK? Go with someone else. MK is dumb. Too many people main him. Main Ganon instead.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is an amazing secondary for snake. hard counters DDD, marth, DK, ROB, olimar, covers some nasty stages too

Top Bottom