• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

@Mizu: I'll be calling you Mizuho from now on.

@People in general: Crouching with Snake for the Tornado to me is entirely based upon the meta knight your playing.

I have seen M2K play the match-up vs DEHF where he does nothing but Tornado on top of the platforms, trying to poke DEHF. In that case where you know the person is trying to poke above you all the time crouching would seem like a good idea. Other than that, I have the same sentiment that Ally has.

@Etecoon: play me. Like now.

I think I might redo that dthrow thread guide we have, or try an ask for some assistance for frame data for it. It's sort of half baked with information not needed in my opinion and not organized right. Labelling difficult 9/9 or 3/9 with the Dthrow won't really do much for us. I actually want to get a more detailed look at distances, try to see what is punishable, etc. Most people I know never actually try to tech chase the grab anymore. They try to punish with dash attack, ftilt, or utilt for kills.

etecoon

Smash Hero
bad timing I'm playing someone else now they AIM'd me like right after I posted that :/ I wanna play you soon though!

Underload

Lazy
I think I might redo that dthrow thread guide we have, or try an ask for some assistance for frame data for it. It's sort of half baked with information not needed in my opinion and not organized right. Labelling difficult 9/9 or 3/9 with the Dthrow won't really do much for us. I actually want to get a more detailed look at distances, try to see what is punishable, etc. Most people I know never actually try to tech chase the grab anymore. They try to punish with dash attack, ftilt, or utilt for kills.
Please do it. That would be a fantastic thing for all of us to read up on. If you need any help, message me somewhere and I'll see if there's anything I could possibly do.

Also, I'll play somebody on wifi, why the hell not. Old habits die hard.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You should also consider the speed of their rolls too, I have a harder time techchasing Dedede then other chars with the same roll distance because of how quick his tech rolls are and how fast he recovers from them.

napZzz

Smash Hero
wifi is only fun if you're just messing around. Well, at least to me. Otherwise it makes me angry when I try to be serious lol, but I will admit I occasionally play on the aib ladder just for lolz or to try out random **** if I cant smash with anyone for the time being offline.

also, Soul silver. HYPE

Underload

Lazy
wifi is only fun if you're just messing around. Well, at least to me. Otherwise it makes me angry when I try to be serious lol, but I will admit I occasionally play on the aib ladder just for lolz or to try out random **** if I cant smash with anyone for the time being offline.

also, Soul silver. HYPE
I agree with this post on, like, every facet possible.

Also, I literally learned how to go about doing chemistry while taking an Honors Chem entry exam. Like, balancing chemical equations? Learned that **** on the fly, and I think I did it right. Get @ me.

Yeah, cute, sophomores getting excited over something as trivial as high school chemistry.

EDIIIIIIT: I'll get on now, etecoon. Yeeeee.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
@Mizu: I'll be calling you Mizuho from now on.

Please do it. That would be a fantastic thing for all of us to read up on. If you need any help, message me somewhere and I'll see if there's anything I could possibly do.

Also, I'll play somebody on wifi, why the hell not. Old habits die hard.
You should also consider the speed of their rolls too, I have a harder time techchasing Dedede then other chars with the same roll distance because of how quick his tech rolls are and how fast he recovers from them.
Redo it...but with what Yume said. :)

wifi is only fun if you're just messing around.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. (Unless your ADHD) lol

Underload

Lazy
I have a really hard time techchasing Toon Links. They can shield ridiculously early. I don't know how to explain it, you just have to experience it for yourself.

I cannot do speed without first having frame data. I think Eternal Yoshi did that earlier.

For now, all I can do are distances at max length.

I'm brawled out. Yume stole my brawls for the day.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have a really hard time techchasing Toon Links. They can shield ridiculously early. I don't know how to explain it, you just have to experience it for yourself.
@Xeylode that sounds great! The most important section for that thread for me was definitely the attacking part. Whether they attack towards or away makes the tech chasing game so much easier.

@UL- Tech chasing Toon Link is actually easier than you think. You can chase him on reaction(I was testing this at the tournament on saturday.) because his attack goes away first. Also, he has a pretty slow roll, the only one you have to really be watching out for is his normal get up.

So if u see him starting an attack just shield then grab it. If you see him start rolling towards you just turn around and catch him(don't move.). If he goes away just grab him again. It isn't 100% guaranteed(obviously) but it is pretty nice :)

Awwww... Wi-fi T_T.

Can we do it in another time today, I'm going somewhere -_-

And yes I'm also ****ing bored

Why not in the next exact 3 hrs and whatever minutes later >.> I'm free and ready on 3:00 pm GMT +8

Underload

Lazy
Maybe you'll help me get back into the groove of the game ^.^ I feel gay using that smiley. But my point still stands.

I need major practice (and help with identifying problems, actually, tons of my old habits are showing up again) so I can stop being terrible. I haven't picked up a controller for more than a few minutes for, oh, 5 weeks? Something like that.

Wait, I thought I was playing Beserker xD

Same, ggs. Took me forever to finally figure out how to not die from your Meta Knight. For one, you get spammy when it comes time to kill. If only I knew how to punish that ;_;

I hated wifi just then because I would press shield and get hit by the laser, I had to press ahead of time just to powershield it. And then when I get the chance to ledge infinite your wolf, I screw up the buffer frames X.x

Dang it, it's so late, I have to get homework done ;_;

And finally, a meta knight that knows how to play well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
your main adaptation is that you just started abusing how hard it is to punish rolls and phantasm online <_<

your main adaptation is that you just started abusing how hard it is to punish rolls and phantasm online <_<
Remember your not the only one that has problems. MK has a large enough frame advantage given a normal match, with wifi, it's near impossible to get things out right. Like a number of times I shielded dmash and tried to punish it only to get hit by another dsmash before the controls would register. Tornado is also another problem. I should be able to pop right out of it at the start of the move with proper DI, but not always was the case.

Besides, rolling was pretty much my only choice in most situations because if I cannot punish your attacks, all I can do is just sit in a shield and wait out the barrage and attack when I see the opening. Rolling gets me that much needed spacing to get away. Also, it's falco, what can you expect but him to avoid you. That's pretty much the only reason it's remotely even.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I know, as I said, I hate wifi. not blaming you, the game is just different and stupid, and brawl is stupid to begin with!

Wait, I thought I was playing Beserker xD

Same, ggs. Took me forever to finally figure out how to not die from your Meta Knight. For one, you get spammy when it comes time to kill. If only I knew how to punish that ;_;

I hated wifi just then because I would press shield and get hit by the laser, I had to press ahead of time just to powershield it. And then when I get the chance to ledge infinite your wolf, I screw up the buffer frames X.x

Dang it, it's so late, I have to get homework done ;_;

And finally, a meta knight that knows how to play well.
Not again ;_;

Wait, you forgot :(

Top Bottom