• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
At our last smashfest I won a 2v1 by planking with Snake, true story. I was spamming nades on the ledge and one of my opponent tried to bair me, failed and killed himself lololololol.

What do you think of my new avi? Free internetz to those who knows who she is =D.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
no it used to be 50-50, 55-45 makes more sense, which is actually pretty tough, considering a 60-40 is a really tough matchup at a high level of play.

MK is hard :(

I'm gonna take a break from brawl.

Don't worry syx, I was just kidding about that. I'm improving with some MUs like Olimar and not much of DDD.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've only seen it enforced once, and it was at No Koast v2. A MK hit someone once, they had 11%. He stalled the entire 8 min. out. He was no doubt kicked out.
I remember that. It was pretty funny random, and if I recall it was between 2 scrubs too. lol
I think Snake vs MK MU is 55-45 now in MK favor.
more like 6/4 mk's favor.

napZzz

Smash Hero
oh its that bad.

provided the mk is playing on an m2k level of gay. Not trying to use his level of skill as an example. Its just he's probably the mk who does all the dumbest **** you can do. Like stalling/abusing the games mechanics wise.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK vs snake is 6:4 or 55:45, it's grey area to me

NE is like all snake's, too bad they're still mostly better than me XD

it's more like 55:45 if the MK doesn't play retardedly gay as nappy said, but it's definitely a solid advantage for MK anyway

lol M2Gay. I remember one of his comments on the ban was something like "at least MK's metagame is actually fighting you not running away and chain grabs". funny how that changed and now he probably is the gayest since plank/spam/bowyer quit

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys play Pika and D3? Hate their chaingrabs on Snake. I played K9 this weekend at a tourny. I couldn't stop getting grabbed by his Pika. ALso, I played him on Smashville. I was able to powershield most of his thunderjolts but he didin't shorthop them or anything. I couldn't aprroach. Are you just supposed to wait for the platform to come? I had trouble camping him. Against D3 I kept getting chaingrabbed and couldn't do anything. How do you avoid getting grabbed? Why are people saying the D3 matchup is even? It's 40-60 or worse in my opinion. Matchup advice and vids would be helpful thanks.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
People who say Snake vs. Dedede is even have never played against a good Dedede.

It's probably 40-60, I don't see it being worse than that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake vs DDD being an even matchup is a common opinion of MK mains in ban arguments because they want to make another character look almost as good -_-

they need to get at diddy for that, snake is overrated lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think it's possible Diddy is better than Snake now tbh.

I'm starting to doubt he's the 2nd best character after using him so much...

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake boards has multiple people that believe diddy is a better character and ADHD always *****es about snake and has said(not sure how seriously) that snake is the best character. it's kind of funny

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You're actually getting ***** by the chaingrab since chaingrab puts you offstage which in turn makes you run into bairs.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Yume I have trouble with the not getting grabbed part. Thank you Sinz i'll study up some Razer.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am super busy this week and I can try to write up some stuff later. But, i can't guarantee it at any time. :(

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Learn the range of his grabs, its biiiig, bigger than yours. And try not to approach, camping is the best way do go. He can grab you out of your tilts so don't do it too much. And mix up landing options with breverse and such.

If he's just always going for the shield grab, you can grab him first if hes expecting a tilt or something.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Oh, hi infern

Hey guys, any tips on Olimar's grabs and stuff. You don't have to tell me the things about pikmins.
I can help you. You say not to talk about pikmin, but this is essential in DIing the throws at high percents, and predicting followups. Blues and whites have the longest grab ranges. Blue b-throw is a kill move. If he grabs you with a blue at a high percent and it is fresh, expect it. If he grabs you with a purple at high percent, he will u-throw if he thinks it will kill. Thing is, purple's have the shortest grab range. I personally would not go for a grab with a purple at low %. I will likely throw it. If I get a grab at low %, I'm probably going to d-throw you and go for either fair->regrab or u-smash -> follow up. I'm going to camp my balls off and punish whenever possible. F-smash for spacing. If I have a white next in line I'm going to throw it.

Hope that helps.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think it's possible Diddy is better than Snake now tbh.

I'm starting to doubt he's the 2nd best character after using him so much...
I've been thinking this for awhile. I think snake is around 4th or 5th best these days

Turazrok

Smash Master
I've been thinking this for awhile. I think snake is around 4th or 5th best these days
I'm debating dropping snake for diddy. He's more fun. :D. Just gotta learn all the banana techs first though.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Dang, had to read like 5 pages of shenanigans.

DDD can do a whole bunch of dumb **** to you, just try to not get yourself into a position where it'll happen. I personally punish much more with utilt in this matchup then ftilt, simply because with utilt, they're landing or it can push them far enough away, as ftilt1 is easy to grab out of with DDD. You have a pretty strong edge guarding game against DDD just be aware of swallowcide. Shoot mortars, bounce grenades off the ground, grab him out of his Up B, take the ledge, so on and so forth. Your grenade grab out ranges his dash grab but only his dash grab, if he walks and grabs, he'll out range you. Pick a stage, where you can generally avoid the hardest punishment like getting chaingrabbed across the stage to a lesser punishment. Say if you get grabbed on a platform, it is much less devastating then being grabbed on the flat bottom of a stage.

Pika. He's annoying too, but if he's camping, then just powershield and cook nades in between jolts. K9 is pretty good and planks hard a lot, but you're going to have to practice your nade timing, so you can grab the ledge with a nade and have invincibility. Generally you want to camp until a percent, or get hit by enough jolts while camping so you can't get super **** grabbed.

I've always felt like as Snake players, we think he's not as good as others see him. However, when playing against Snake with other characters **** gets confusing fast, and you just make mistakes and that's in turn gets you punished hard, and you're just like what the **** this guy is broke. It's just looking at it from both views, I play a small bit of diddy and can see he's a great character, but someone like ADHD knows diddy like the back of his hand, and his judgment is probably pretty good on how good or bad diddy is.

Hi guys.

Top Bottom