• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The roll was a mistake, i was trying to fake a run away then run towards him and grab.

Ended up running away into rolling towards him.

Then you rolled back to the nade and it exploded in you.

No one is perfect anyway. Your still a pretty good Snake. It's just that you get into pools with lots of top professionals

I'm gonna send a replay of me playing soon

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Syx sounds cool when he calls other smashers "kid". I think it's cause he's the oldest?
I call everybody kid, even people older than me. Its something I picked up from hanging out with 40-something musicians
I'm 3 years older than syx, I'm elderly here D:
Ran is the oldest, though he rarely posts nowadays
Word on the street is....that in this very thread....

There be Susa....
No ****ing way....

mind=blown

Camp Marth and punish his F-airs with dash attack. Don't even get close to Marth and spam nades and f-tilts.

Marth :p
He's gay, literally

etecoon

Smash Hero
Rolling towards Marth = fail, jumping towards Marth = fail, Marth controls the air, Snake controls the ground... -_____-
marth's dtilt outranges ftilt1 and marth is one of the better characters at getting around nades, snake doesn't really control anything in this MU, he just goes close to even by living nearly forever(like he does vs a lot of characters) <_<

but yeah, don't jump at marth. and advice for albert since this was apparently more for him, don't always try to meet snake in the air if he's coming down too far horizontally. FF uair/waiting is great when he's right above you, otherwise walk to shield covers nearly all of his options. snake can punish falling fairs with dash attack or dacus even when you're spacing really well, rising fair is really good against snake, he has a hard time punishing characters that stay in the air and can't be nair'd(if you didn't read my earlier comment, try to get good at consistently DSing out of nair, if you do this it effectively gives snake an aerial blind spot in nearly every direction). if you're a little under utilt kill % and you get dthrown, doing nothing is good. if he does something in anticipation, you get out. if he utilts, he will take much longer to kill you. jab misses, ftilt misses, C4 can be beaten on reaction, dair can easily be DI'd out of...I think dtilt is the only other real option snake has for that. snake's attacks are almost all unidirectional and marth has good air mobility, cross ups are very good against snake. you smash too much too but that's an obvious critique

Not vs a lot of characters. Never 55:45 only :/

Marth MU is a winnable MU but it requires a lot of patience

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake wins a lot of matchups by "I get the **** beaten out of me in every logical way possible but I outlive my opponent by around 100% consistently, GGS", he has inferior tools to a lot of characters he has an advantage over XD

Turazrok

Smash Master
snake wins a lot of matchups by "I get the **** beaten out of me in every logical way possible but I outlive my opponent by around 100% consistently, GGS", he has inferior tools to a lot of characters he has an advantage over XD
I loled.
Lol

He doesn't win to MK (duh..)

But I don't get it.. Why do the Falco boards think that they stand a chance against MK so it's a 50:50. I think it's a 55:45 MK :/

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another tourney this weekend.

There were 2 main highlights.

I beat Underload in tourney AND in Snake dittos (get ***** UL).
Then I got timed out 3 times as Diddy (get ***** me).

Still a good tourney though.

Underload

Lazy
A win is a win, but you're making it sound like you beat me convincingly or something. Wasn't the match I won a 2 stock? And weren't the other two last stock 100%+? Don't expect anything like it to happen again for an extremely long time, because it took about four different negative circumstances on my part for you to take more than a match off of me in tourney.

My set with this guy named Level Zero was raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape, Snake boards. He's a Metaknight main, which I consider my worst matchup (and a matchup that I had never won against, mind you), and after losing match 1 on PS1, I came back from about a stock down in games 2 and 3 to take the set. Here's the scenario:

Game 2 - Halberd
Level Zero - last stock 0 percent
Underload - last stock 90 percent (these are all approximate)

I start the stock off getting juggled to about 130, and surviving multiple shuttle loops and nairs and the like because they were pretty stale. I finally get my footing offstage, put in the work and camp him to about 130 (at which point I'm at 180), and powershield a dsmash into utilt to take the match.

Game 3 - FD
Level Zero - Last stock 0 percent
Underload - Last stock 110 percent
Even worse of a scenario, again thanks to some pretty legit juggling on his part. I had just taken 2nd stock off, so he was still fresh on his final life. It's even easier to chip some damage off of him on FD than on Halberd, so I get a few cheap nades, ftilts, and most importantly mortars off on him, holding him off until I unfortunately get launched into the air. I DI about 3 shuttle loops and 4 nairs perfectly at around 150-180 percent (I get hit by these things pretty close to the corner of the level, mind you) (also note that these weren't nearly as stale as the ones from last match, he had learned). I had never DIed so well in my smash life. Again, this time just knowing the range of my moves better than him, I snag an utilt off of a powershield and win with a star KO. I'm bad at explaining things, but it was intense. Best set I've ever played.

I was one of two people to take a set off this guy, the other guy being our #2 Tim. EVERYONE else got 2-0'd by him, and he ended up taking the tourney (it was a round robin since a ton of people bailed on the tourney in the last minute)

The other highlight was me finally beating a guy named MenoUnderwater (Peach) in tourney, after about 4 separate tries. I made the common mistake of losing match 1 to him (big deal because he's an amazing counterpicker, so if the set goes to game 3 I know I'm going to go to a pretty gay stage). I go to FD game 2, because he usually bans it against people, so I assumed it was bad for him. Game 3 on Japes, I do better against him there than on FD. :/

Oh, and I accidentally broke his controller after the tourney.:urg:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Calm down, UL. I'm not saying I'm better than you or anything. You're still 10 times better. I'd never have been able to pull off anything like in that match with Zero.

And you didn't get timed out 3 times.

Underload

Lazy
Sometimes my text-speech comes off as angry, but it isn't. I'm probably gonna stream your N64 tonight, just so you know. ****'s TOO fun.

And I timed Bees out in friendlies with MK ^.^ It was the reason I put in the 7 minute timer, so CO could get a dose of gay, and maybe encourage them to play the game in a safer, less aggro manner. Apparently people listened!

Anyway, I decided to dish out some of said gay to Bees, so he could get a taste of what's to come. I'mma probably practice the hell out of my MK and use it against him next tourney, but that isn't public information ya hear?

I'm happy I beat Zero not because HE'S good (although he still is, he double two stocked me last time we played in tourney), but because of his character :p

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Hey guize, I'm actually gonna go to a tourney after my 7 month break from tournies and the game as a whole

Imma get rayped

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** yes! N64!

Zero's way too good while offstage. In my matches with him, I did really well while on the stage, but the minute he got me off the stage, I was boned.

@ Syx

Nah, you got dis.

Hey guys :/

I was playing a friendly battle with my friend.

1st Match:
In Pokemon Stadium 1

He uses DDD and CGs me to death -.- I lost then afterwards.

2nd Match:
Halberd

I kept D-throwing him :p I won (Weird..)
Edit: Camping hard and being defensive

3rd Match:
Rainbow Cruise

I nearly got ***** in this stage BUT I won. The reason is pretty stupid, you guys shouldn't know it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey guys :/

I was playing a friendly battle with my friend.

1st Match:
In Pokemon Stadium 1

He uses DDD and CGs me to death -.- I lost then afterwards.

2nd Match:
Halberd

I kept D-throwing him :p I won (Weird..)
Edit: Camping hard and being defensive

3rd Match:
Rainbow Cruise

I nearly got ***** in this stage BUT I won. The reason is pretty stupid, you guys shouldn't know it.
Lol @ d3 getting dthrown repeatedly by snake. He should've used port priority and neutral b to break out o wait...

Top Bottom