• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
whoever said animes dont have plots is stupid. Although sometimes animes have stupid plots, or alot of filler

ex. bleach, naruto, death note

and yes! higurashi might just be my favorite anime.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
whoever said animes dont have plots is stupid. Although sometimes animes have stupid plots, or alot of filler

ex. bleach, naruto, death note

We're generalizing popular anime.

Subtle jokes aren't funny when people don't get them. :<

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's not that anime doesn't have plot, just that a lot of times it's so incoherent that it might as well not.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
it's not that anime doesn't have plot, just that a lot of times it's so incoherent that it might as well not.
if you want one with a really well thought out plot that'll keep you guessing and shock you throughout, watch Code Geass, the only good anime that didn't suffer from being put on adult swim

etecoon

Smash Hero
didn't suffer from being put on adult swim
I haven't really watched anime in years but I thought a few of them were good...idk it's not like I've watched other translations though, never was THAT into it like some people are

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
1) My dad is an engineer. He does stuff for comp/telephone microchips and s***. He got laid-off, got severance pay, got rehired as a traveling consultant, and now sits at home, does absolutely nothing and gets paid. He was supposed to get trained or something for a different set of engineer skills, but the company got lazy or something. Paid for staying at home = awesome.

2) My dream job would be drawing or astronomy. Being asian and having FOB parents, I'm doing Physician Assistant/ premed...

3) I watch all kinds of animu, some I like (Yu Yu Hakusho/Ruroni Kenshin) others that make me go WTF (Neon Genesis Evangelion), other's that barely make sense but are drawn really really well (Air). As of now, I'm on Hey Arnold! season 4.

I was thinking of doing the 4)??? 5) Profit thing, but I decided not to.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Today, why are u in the snake boards? lol
And who is the one making you a chocolate cake?
Dis girl.

And yeah, I still second him!

Edit: DarkShadow
2 & 3 I can relate. Well, for 2 the P.A part! I really want to try and be a P.A but my university (or the one I'm plan on attending) doesn't provide it. >__<v But I want to try and do something in the medical field as of right now.

3. Those were my childhood~!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm surprised romance animes gets no love here, they srsly have the best plots imo.

You can't not enjoy animes like TORADORA!, Clannad, Lovely Complex, shows like that.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sry, but never heard of them.
But, in modern day everyone like action and drama in one.
Like Bleach. ;)
You haven't heard of them because your an anime n00b, you prob think the best animes are on cartoon network or adult swim. While there are animes 10x better that arent broadcasted in the U.S. Although I have to say Code Geass is one of the best animes ever.

And please tell me you watch them in Japanese with subtitles <.<

ErikG

Smash Ace
I have no contribution to any anime discussion

Between Brawl; Modern Warfare 2; Starcraft; and socializing, I have no spare time whatsoever

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You should def watch Toradora, its not a harem anime like the Key titles, its sorta like Lovely Complex actually, Ryuuji likes Minori, whos a friend of Taiga. And Taiga likes Kitamura, whos Ryuuji's friend. So Taiga and Ryuuji tries to hook each other up with their friends.

But it gets alot deeper then that, you should def watch it, I know you will like it ^.^

oh btw, I'm studying Mathmatics with concentration in Statistics at Boston University.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hahaha, I like the Key series especially for the art - the detailing on their eyes are awesome. Also, you can tell what scenes they put more effort into, as it looks 3D/ CG animated-ish.

Also, Hey Arnold! is discontinued, but apparently there are 5 seasons of it. I used to think it was one long series, but apparently not.

Also also, Yume's falco is legit.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
^ lolwut, play me and get ***** plz.

edit: dedicating my 1,300th post to Syx.
Wait, would you Wi-fi w/ me anythime I need lots of Falco prac.? or something like that? For fun of course.

Also , if your willing to play me on wi-fi for fun I can go to my cousins where I'm can actually get Wi-fi (unlike at my place).

Hahaha, I like the Key series especially for the art - the detailing on their eyes are awesome. Also, you can tell what scenes they put more effort into, as it looks 3D/ CG animated-ish.

Also, Hey Arnold! is discontinued, but apparently there are 5 seasons of it. I used to think it was one long series, but apparently not.

Also also, Yume's falco is legit.
And yes I know he's a good falco......it was a joke. ;)

Top Bottom