• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sure I'm up for wifi, although I hardly play Falco on wifi, but I'll do it for you <3
I'll have wifi until the 14th when I go back to school.

btw, do you live close to NC State by any chance? I know that they have a really good smash scene, esp. since they have a wii hooked up to a 40 in. tv. at their library, so they play there like everyday.

Jon? goes there and he's the one who taught me Falco, you should try to play him.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Sure I'm up for wifi, although I hardly play Falco on wifi, but I'll do it for you <3
I'll have wifi until the 14th when I go back to school.

btw, do you live close to NC State by any chance? I know that they have a really good smash scene, esp. since they have a wii hooked up to a 40 in. tv. at their library, so they play there like everyday.

Jon? goes there and he's the one who taught me Falco, you should try to play him.
Yume I <3 you (no homo). You know why you alway nice.....and now we can be Wi-fi buddies? (and play for fun agasint each other).
Anyway, some time very soon I'll go to my cousin's place and I'll contact you the same day on Smashboards (obviously)...so we can play online. How does that sound?

Now to answer your question.....
Yes, I'm live like 45 min from NC State.
Btw, I hav played him. I played him once before about 3 months ago.....at Billfest.

Yume I got a question:
Would you like to be my brother along w/ Berk? :)

napZzz

Smash Hero

You haven't heard of them because your an anime n00b, you prob think the best animes are on cartoon network or adult swim. While there are animes 10x better that arent broadcasted in the U.S. Although I have to say Code Geass is one of the best animes ever.

And please tell me you watch them in Japanese with subtitles <.<
subs>dubs

glad we agree on one thing with anime <3

also, 90% of the anime on TV isn't very good :/ adult swim is so hit and miss, besides, dubs usually suck....except I really liked triguns dub just as much as the sub. Thats my only exception. The FMA one was pretty alright too, but the japanese voices were really good in that as well.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I would agree that subs are better except that you WATCH anime, reading the bottom of the screen takes away from the experience and cause you to miss out on some spectacular animation. As a fluent Japanese speaker i can also say that a lot of anime in its natural language technically isn't any better, japan has the problem America does where they hire a lot of nobodies for voice work sadly, that's not to say its all bad though, cowboy bebop is fantastic in Japanese X3 can't beat the English though, steven blum FTW, would i be crazy for saying that Code Geass is literally the only good anime on adult swim? XD EVERYONE needs to watch Tengen toppa gurren lagann though! <3

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yume I <3 you (no homo). You know why you alway nice.....and now we can be Wi-fi buddies? (and play for fun agasint each other).
Anyway, some time very soon I'll go to my cousin's place and I'll contact you the same day on Smashboards (obviously)...so we can play online. How does that sound?

Btw, I hav played him. I played him once before about 3 months ago.....at Billfest.

Yume I got a question:
lol you sure like to say "for fun" alot, did you get traumatized by competition or something? I should be free to wifi this week, but im going to a tourney on Sat so then wont be good.

And sure, I'll be your Snake brother.
subs>dubs

glad we agree on one thing with anime <3

also, 90% of the anime on TV isn't very good :/ adult swim is so hit and miss, besides, dubs usually suck....except I really liked triguns dub just as much as the sub. Thats my only exception. The FMA one was pretty alright too, but the japanese voices were really good in that as well.
Sweeeet, seems like you like action animes the most, I chose not to get into FMA but i heard its really good. I feel like i dont rly like animes that last so long because of how much they drag on, which weakens the plot imo.

Code Geass, Darker than Black, To Aru Majutsu no Index, and Bakemonogatari are the action animes that I watched and rly enjoyed.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Darker than black was good, although I've only seen season 1

You'd probably like Trigun, its only around 30 episodes long and its really good action/plot wise. FMA is fantastic, everything about it was great. Especially how it had like, no filler. EVER. EVER EVER EVER <3

Its weird, but I feel the exact opposite on the length of an anime issue. If its good, I WANT the anime to keep going and keep being good. For instance, right now I'm watching one piece and I'm on episode...339 atm and I really dont want it to end xD I'm dreading the day I'll catch up to the modern day episodes and I'll have to start waiting for my next one...... : (

I haven't seen code geass but I think that may be the next anime I check out

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Code Geass is the type of anime that makes you remember why you love anime, its got an excellent plot that never sags, even though its 50 episodes long, well rounded characters that keep you guessing and beautiful animation <3 (the awesome robot designs and clamp drawn characters models don't hurt either)
darker than black was a good one, has anyone ever seen black cat? i just got that and thought it was really fun

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
the mouths are weird huh? all jagged and triangular XD i think its unique at least.
invader zim is the coolest western piece of animation ever, flapjack is a second close for me though, its just so disturbing and hilarious XD

bleach...the only good thing about it is that ichigo's voice actor is johnny yong bosch <3 aka lelouch in case you guys didnt know XD

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah its all opinion regardless, what matters is that we all enjoy anime.
but yume, what kind of romance anime? are you talking harem anime like love hina or real romantic anime like kanon/air/6 millimeters a second stuff? if its the latter then i completely agree with you, personally i like it when the two are combined though, sorta like code geass, but all the "romance" in there is heavy morbid stuff XD

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

Yume I got a question:
This is for YUME.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I guess I like both kinds, same with Drama and Comedy, both types I like as well.

My favs are Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, Clannad, Kanon, Kodomo no Jikan, these are all prty serious ones, but I also really like fun ones like Lovely Complex, Nyan Koi, Kampfer, Hayate no Gotoku, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Seto no Hanayome.

I guess the thing about serious romance animes is that if they dont do a good job at it I generally dont like them at all, like School Days (LULZ), Myself Yourself, Ef, True Tears.

edit: at Water, yeah I saw, I responded a few posts above, and yeah, I'll be free to wifi cept on Saturday.

Underload

Lazy
I always ask this question when I see something wonky, different, or interesting about a Snake's playstyle: what kind of control scheme do you use? Obviously directed at Infern.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I always ask this question when I see something wonky, different, or interesting about a Snake's playstyle: what kind of control scheme do you use? Obviously directed at Infern.
*Pretends it was directed at me*

Tap Off
Z-Jump
R-Attack
Y-Grab
X-Grab

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Well the c-stick to tilts was originally cause i mained Ike before i mained snake, and Ike had some cool tricks with that. One useful aspect of having it on snake is if im crouching, i can just hit up on my c-stick and i can quickly do and up-tilt . Its great if im crouching beneath a tornado among other things.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
What did you guys find in that set that was interesting? I didn't see anything cept for crouching under nado and really smart playing.

Underload

Lazy
Spoiler: new matchup thread coming tomorrow. Panda unstickied the one I was supposed to look over, but it was inconvenient to edit under abit_rusty's name and the input was minimal.

I humbly ask any other matchup thread to converge into mine, it'll make things 1. more streamlined and 2. more informative.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I suggest we ask a top Snake for their input and use that as a summary, thats basically what the Falco boards do with DEHF.

napZzz

Smash Hero
it seems like you spot dodge too much. Idk. I'm pretty sure my spot dodge habit is just as bad. You took the DDD ally cant beat to game 3. Good ****!

yume, smart playing and good control are essentially what snake is built upon. Thats why I was so impressed by his snake :/

Top Bottom