• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
maybe not next saturday bum due to the fact of the tourny in polytech. Keep it Friday, unfortunately i wont make it next friday but the friday after next im down for it. Or if u want the saturday after next you do it *bow chicka bow wow*

BUM163

Smash Lord
well the thing about that tournament it's weird. singles only and the venue fee is real low. if he changes it i won't do mines.... but honestly it's like for the random people or something.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
The reason it's low now is its first time. We're a new club so we need to crawl before we walk. Depending on turnout, I'm gonna make it a traditional event, with a higher payout anddoubles as well. I don't run the club by myself, so some people need convincing...

The venue is VEEERY good, veery spacey and it'd be a waste if ssbb and even ssbm tournaments don't be held there continuously. So for once, I need support in the form of attendance from you guys. By paying only $5, you guys won't even be making much of an investment....

Also, I don't see why it should conflict at all. The Bx weekly was fridays, why change now?

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i kinda like the BX on fridays, but thats just me personally. i wouldnt complain about it being on saturdays though

BUM163

Smash Lord
cause i been said like every friday it can't be done cause he throws parties. to me crawling doesn't need to be established. you should do as good as you can. me going over there for one event and it's 5 dollars honestly is not even fun.

the competition will be alot of randoms and it won't be fun. if you went to alex event, you know what i mean then.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
idk where Alex advertised other than the boards, but I do understand what you are saying. I'm definitely not comfortable leaving this the way it is for all the tournament I'll run, but being that this is being run by the school club, in a school where people cannot stay until midnight in... I have certain limitations and responsibilities...

I mean if I make it 10$ with 5 venue and 5 per player per tournament, adding doubles into it of course...everyone entering both tournaments will pay $15 all towards a tournament where they are trying to win a prize.

Now picture that this tournament with XX number of people gets stretched out until say 10 PM, at which time the cleaning ladies come in and kick everyone out... I won't be able to continue the tourney, and then people will be even MORE unsatisfied and pissed.

Judging from the last 2 tournaments I attended, this is VERY likely. I need some way to gauge how much time the tournament will last at this venue, for a given attendance... and I also need it to bring in a good amount of people for it to be repeated. It's for this club.

So the question is:

Would you rather pay more and include doubles, but risk having an unfinished singles tournament....OR...enter a $5 tournament which has a lower pot than most only ONCE, and make way for a most likely awesome series of tournaments at a comfortable venue taht will defiitely have doubles and singles NEXt time?

BUM163

Smash Lord
i rather risked it lmao. this is the honest truth. just cap it when it gets high enough. how many tvs do you have?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yo bum do you have the tio file so i can upload it to this website so i can get a silver medal :)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
no lie i wouldnt go out to brooklyn for just a singles tournament..
understandable... I know I'm holding back on a lot, but the limitations hold me back. I really feel like I need to have a successful tournament under my belt before I can take risks...

Perhaps the next ones when I host doubles and singles with a venue fee you can attend...

I just want to avoid a conflict with Bum this weekend if possible...

What were the results on this weeks anyway?

BUM163

Smash Lord
well he is throwing a halloween party, which is why i suggested saturday. i can ask if it's possible for friday. lets see.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
O my. That would be interesting until a dude decides to be ZSS for Halloween...
It's a halloween party. not an anime convention XD

I think it should be done on saturday, ONLY because we don't want it to conflict with the owner's party. It doesn't make sense to do a Halloween party on Nov. 1st or possibly before the day.

also, lots of people like to be stupid on halloween. >>

-dMT-

Smash Lord
idk man... unless ppl can come on sunday, there'd be a conflict with Poly Brawl, the BX weekly, and the melee circuit on saturday.

More importantly the conflict between the weekly and poly...

I pick a saturday to do a tourney...one saturday..and then the weekly suddenly has to be saturday instead of friday....

Best halloween disguise: Sheik. Straight up ****** material... >_>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
idk man... unless ppl can come on sunday, there'd be a conflict with Poly Brawl, the BX weekly, and the melee circuit on saturday.

More importantly the conflict between the weekly and poly...

I pick a saturday to do a tourney...one saturday..and then the weekly suddenly has to be saturday instead of friday....

Best halloween disguise: Sheik. Straight up ****** material... >_>
Well...look at this way

1- Friday is Halloween. Majority of people is either

a) doing trick or treating

b) is going to the 'parade' in the village

2 - the owner is planning on doing a halloween party, so out of curtosy (sp) of the manager giving us a venue for smash, we should at least respect his planning/wishes and try not to conflict his party

There's three things that could possibly go on

Dmtmanga's Brawl tournament
Alukard's first Melee circute
Bum's weekly tournament

I say we should take a break off of Bum's weekly this week, considering we already had two as it is, and it wasn't as many as before (and with the possible things going on this week, could be even less.). Also, Dmt planned his tournament since last week (on the 21st). We can then start off tournaments again the next week after. If both Bum and Dmt host a tournament, both would lose out.

It's just my 2 cents

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Well...look at this way

1- Friday is Halloween. Majority of people is either

a) doing trick or treating

b) is going to the 'parade' in the village

2 - the owner is planning on doing a halloween party, so out of curtosy (sp) of the manager giving us a venue for smash, we should at least respect his planning/wishes and try not to conflict his party

There's three things that could possibly go on

Dmtmanga's Brawl tournament
Alukard's first Melee circute
Bum's weekly tournament

I say we should take a break off of Bum's weekly this week, considering we already had two as it is, and it wasn't as many as before (and with the possible things going on this week, could be even less.). Also, Dmt planned his tournament since last week (on the 21st). We can then start off tournaments again the next week after. If both Bum and Dmt host a tournament, both would lose out.

It's just my 2 cents
your two cents are correct

-dMT-

Smash Lord
The whole weekend is a dilemma...

if he does it friday..no1 goes save a handful at best...and this is assuming the store owner actually accepts it

saturday he conflicts with me AND the melee circuit... the crowd is split... both tournaments suffer...

and sunday is sunday...

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
imma go with what rockin just posted, it makes sense to cancel it for this week. "United We Stand, Divided We Shall Fall All In The Name Of Brawl"

Alukard

Smash Hero
The whole weekend is a dilemma...

if he does it friday..no1 goes save a handful at best...and this is assuming the store owner actually accepts it

saturday he conflicts with me AND the melee circuit... the crowd is split... both tournaments suffer...

and sunday is sunday...
definitely true ... i mean i cancelled my tourney this weekend that passed ... mayb it would b for the best that u hold urs off as well bum ... ???

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea this is cancel. i have something better planned. next friday i will do it for sure. i think i'm gonna go for melee and brawl next friday coming up. so people be prepared.

BUM163

Smash Lord
also knightmare is doing melee and brawl this saturday so people should go to that also. i know i'm going. it's his first tournament i believe.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Knightmare your tournament is on Nov. 8th right? I remember meeting you at PnT you were telling me about it.

Ite thanks for the opportunity Bum. Now since there's no conflict with a Bx weekly, of course everyone is invited to Poly Brawl on November 1st. If you don't have anything planned, by all means show up and have a blast. I'll probably put up melee for friendlies as well.

BUM163

Smash Lord
please include teams lol. you will get alot more people that way. you can increase the fees and add teams and believe me. you will get more people. honestly its way to lil bit for people to head out there. if you want big names to go, trust me raise the fees and include teams.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
That's the standard, and I will meet it. Trust me I hear you Bum, but I'm not in a position to take a risk with not completing a tournament on my first try. The school is not like a store where I can convince the owner to stay a little later...they WILL kick us out if we stay beyond 10...

With this, I'll have an idea as to how long a tournament at poly will last with my pacing given a certain attendance and a certain amount of stations.

After that, I can easily plan a full singles and doubles tournament with a higher fee and make sure all the big names come in as well - Why would anyone NOT want that? lol

I guess, when I do something, I want to do it right.

Hey, if the singles finishes quickly, I'll definitely have the teams tourney run right after. I don;t want to leave everyone hanging around with only friendlies for most of the day...

If I do teams, it'll be $10 per team...

The price shouldn't really be a problem. If anything, we're giving up more than the players. Another way of looking at a $5 entry with 20% to the club is:

$4 entry
$1 venue

That's only $1 less than the weekly and the monthly. It's one time only...

Top Bottom