• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo BUM HOW ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL IDEA
like you make randomized crews and have like a mini crew battle just for fun
i think the people will like it.

And its a time killer so we wont have to sit around waiting for the people that are expected to come.
too big ... and wont end fast enough ... =\ ... i was going to originally post that ... but thats why i put single elim with items

ANTi_

Smash Hero
too big ... and wont end fast enough ... =\ ... i was going to originally post that ... but thats why i put single elim with items

:(:(:( yeah i guess single elim with items will just be it then.

but **** crew battles are fun

D1

Banned via Administration
Or we can be strict and set the time limit for 5pm.

To scare everyone into coming on time so they won't get screwed from registering.

Lets not try to be lax with the schedule.

I for one will just stay as long as the tourney lasts...after that I'm going home immediately...hence I'm not staying over for the STD.

Jtails

Smash Lord
maybe we can have two tournies? XD and i guess just make fees smaller for both? lol $2.50
an early regular one, then when peoples leave we have a late night one?

just throwing the idea out there.

like the idea that we should play other fighting games too! >,<

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Or we can be strict and set the time limit for 5pm.

To scare everyone into coming on time so they won't get screwed from registering.

Lets not try to be lax with the schedule.

I for one will just stay as long as the tourney lasts...after that I'm going home immediately...hence I'm not staying over for the STD.
QFT. Well in my case. I guess in a way this is what i was trying to say. I'd stay for STDs sometimes, but not always.

STDs are great. My point is, just because there is going to be an STD this week, doesn't mean the tourney start times should be lax, as D1 so eloquently put.

cba

Smash Master
lol ya crazy. well it depends. the earlier the people get there.i'll let them decide
its because there is this party that i have to go to and i might go( to the STD around 2 am ) so i was wondering if we could come at that time.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea my friend wants to come too but hes gonna be at a party in hunter. till around 2am as well.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
how long would a crew battle with like 4 crews 5 members per crew only takes like 1-2 TV's

Snakeee

Smash Master
snake you know you have to come it would be awsome plus i was thinkin if you come it would make it a lot easier to get to ur place afterwards so we can go to blues on sat. Up to you tho
I don't know if I can come anyway but if I do that wouldn't work because I can't have people over my house, and if we stayed there all night I'd be dead in the morning.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol no sorry. i guess it will have to start on time. the std will happen for anyone that wants to stay though. plain and simple and if no one stays, then no one stays. like i said go there as soon as possible. which to me is after work and school. i say 4pm is good.

cba

Smash Master
lol no sorry. i guess it will have to start on time. the std will happen for anyone that wants to stay though. plain and simple and if no one stays, then no one stays. like i said go there as soon as possible. which to me is after work and school. i say 4pm is good.
*cries*
10maybenexttimes

Cia

das kwl
I'd stay for the std provided that enough people stay. I live like 10 mins away, so ya.

I'll bring melee.

people should money match me. (in both games)

BUM163

Smash Lord
i'm also bringing soul calibur 4. just come when ya can. the best thing to do is call me on friday and inform me if you coming or not.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
how big is that place?
We have the whole student lounge of the school reserved for the tournament. Has plenty of comfy seats and its roughly 3x the size of the venue of this Bx weekly. Definitely going to be very spacious in the lounge.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea our poly lounge is really huge!! and places to sit everywhere.

in anycase i may bring my dreamcast with some MVC2. and my homebrew wii with maaad snes,nes, and genesis games =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so ... who can record my ike ... so i can prove dire's compliments about him ... my big a$$ d!ck sword is rusty but i think i can still manage =] (definitely talking about ike ... ^_-) lol seriously tho who can record my matches and actually put them up ?

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
ok so ... who can record my ike ... so i can prove dire's compliments about him ... my big a$$ d!ck sword is rusty but i think i can still manage =] (definitely talking about ike ... ^_-) lol seriously tho who can record my matches and actually put them up ?
i might be able to if i bring my pinnacle and laptop but it never does it in the best quality and idk if i can bring it

Jtails

Smash Lord
alu if you save matches on my wii i can put em up. and i just got the replay code added, so over 3 min is ok.

im bringin my wii to the weekly btw

Alukard

Smash Hero
looks like i'm playing on jtails wii =]]]]] ... cuz i really wanna get those longer team matches lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok i just wanna say a few words. to the people complaining about how the bx is a bad place. why? cause theres alot of black people there? people who dress ghetto like such as myself? i wanna point out a couple of things considering i work in web2zone. number one while being in mahattan working in web2zone i almost had a fight off of a drunk guy.

me and ron almost beat up a dude cause he couldn't stay out of business and wanted to try to pick on cass cause we was saying the n word.... like he hasn't ever heard people say it before or rappers. then recently in play and trade i almost got in a fight with a random drunk dude for no reason. i live in the bx all my life and i'm always back and forth from my house to the venue and from my exp nothin like that has happen. so until something happens then you can complain whoever the person or people is.

cba

Smash Master
LMAOOOO. my teacher was just like that guy for saying the N word. like WTF? if you see peple saying it to each other you suppose its ok.
and i also live in the bx and ive seen ALOT, but that doesnt mean that its freaking scary, heck i get more pissed off at the dam.n train & MTA for being a-holes than anyone in the bx. and im proud of it.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
No problems with the Bx dude/ I've been there a couple of times, I just didn't like the train ride at 3am.

You're definitely doing something awesome with this STD you're setting up though. Overall a really good tournament you have going in the Bronx.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
ok i just wanna say a few words. to the people complaining about how the bx is a bad place. why? cause theres alot of black people there? people who dress ghetto like such as myself? i wanna point out a couple of things considering i work in web2zone. number one while being in mahattan working in web2zone i almost had a fight off of a drunk guy.

me and ron almost beat up a dude cause he couldn't stay out of business and wanted to try to pick on cass cause we was saying the n word.... like he hasn't ever heard people say it before or rappers. then recently in play and trade i almost got in a fight with a random drunk dude for no reason. i live in the bx all my life and i'm always back and forth from my house to the venue and from my exp nothin like that has happen. so until something happens then you can complain whoever the person or people is.
bum this could only be true cuz people know your from that neighborhood. im not tryna say the BX is scary or the venue is bad, but sometimes people pick on people just cuz they arent from that area. ive seen it happen so it does happen.

Jtails

Smash Lord
eh it happens anywhere, sometimes you can be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

anywayz lol so this is still happening saturday 6pm? what time does reg start, and what time does tourny actually begin.

just double checking. and yea feel free to save any matches on my wii, and pm me if you want me to put them up or anything.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lol luckily for me i travel from long island to all these venues by train and havnt been bothered since.

maybe because i dont look into peoples eyes in the bronx.
or maybe cuz im black.......
:)

Top Bottom