• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, from around 3 PM til late tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm having a meet at mine. I'll fit as many as I can in my apartment, but I might limit numbers depending on the amount of setups. Should have the stream running too.

PM me if you need my number or haven't been to my place before.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, from around 3 PM til late tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm having a meet at mine. I'll fit as many as I can in my apartment, but I might limit numbers depending on the amount of setups. Should have the stream running too.

PM me if you need my number or haven't been to my place before.
Playing Smash again tonight, all are welcome!

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Hi!

Where are you from?
Which smash game/s are you into?

Coming to the tournament on Saturday?
I live in Alderley, Brisbane. I play melee and I'd like to go to PW but I don't have my own way of getting there so I'd need a lift if anyone has any free space.

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Where is Alderley?
Northside somewhere?

No where near me if so but someone might be out that way.

Who is running Melee tomorrow?
2 Questions!
Will there be Melee Doubles?
Will it be held FIRST and not at 4pm in the arvo?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Who is running Melee tomorrow?
2 Questions!
Will there be Melee Doubles?
Will it be held FIRST and not at 4pm in the arvo?
I guess it will be me? Zac is turning up late because of an exam and I'm pretty sure Jbirds isn't coming. I don't have a laptop though so I think we'll need @ Tranquility Tranquility and @ Mytus Mytus to help out there (we'll need one laptop for bracket stuff and one for the MLG stream).

Doubles will happen and it will be first. I guess this means the standard double elimination bracket for singles will follow. If numbers are low we can try swiss again.

@ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss Normally I'd be happy to give you a lift but my car will be full. I don't know what Jackson's situation is but maybe he can help out?

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I guess it will be me? Zac is turning up late because of an exam and I'm pretty sure Jbirds isn't coming. I don't have a laptop though so I think we'll need @ Tranquility Tranquility and @ Mytus Mytus to help out there (we'll need one laptop for bracket stuff and one for the MLG stream).

Doubles will happen and it will be first. I guess this means the standard double elimination bracket for singles will follow. If numbers are low we can try swiss again.

@ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss Normally I'd be happy to give you a lift but my car will be full. I don't know what Jackson's situation is but maybe he can help out?
Yeah I got the stream laptop covered.

King_Mos

Smash Apprentice
Just want to say thanks to whoever put play warehouse on, I had a great time. Quick shout outs, sorry about the names :p

Kaion: Thoroughly enjoyed vsing you, particularly your samus :p Thanks for getting us to come to this thing.

I think it was Jayce/peach player: So impressed by the skills, def want to vs again :D I learnt a lot vsing you.

Apples: Mad skills, can't wait to vs you again :D Hopefully I do better next time.

And to everyone else who I played. Cya's at the next one :D

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I had a lot of fun today. Thanks to everyone that made me feel welcome, and shoutouts to Jackson for giving me a lift

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
PW4 Melee Results:

Singles
1: Syke
2: smopup
3: Haikal
4: Tranq
5: Mytus
5: J1mbo
7: Party
7: Ryan
9: Prey
9: Jackson
9: Imp
9: Zed
13: Adam
13: Russel
13: Mike
13: Jack Smith
17: Emery

Doubles
1: Prolapse Graveyard (Jimbo and Syke)
2: Champions of the Sun (Gerard and Russell)
3: S A D B O Y S (Jeremy and Jackson)
4: Dwarf4lyf (Haikal and Adam)
5: Tranq and Monkey
5: Pink Bits (Bob and Dino)
7: Team Name (Party and Smithy)
7: Butt (Z and Imp)

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Fun day, could of done better at doubles but whatever

Bob and I have lost our controllers and we believe we left them in the shed portion of the venue while we were buying something off the game traders guy but you never know.
If anyone has them or knows where they are, could you let either bob or I know, they were in a orange shopping bag with wizard home loans logo on it, there are 2 purple and 1 orange controllers with a fair amount of stickers on them.

I am waiting on a confirming email about LAN smash but at this point it doesn't look like lansmash is happening for us but whatever, just means Kong off can happen without a hitch

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
How did the Crazy Unicorn Sex Party go downstairs?

...also the Brawl Doubles team of the same name?

So, if there is no LANSMASH do people want KONG OFF this weekend?
Or the next?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I tried to double check it but their site is banned on the work computer thingy here...
But from what I understand it is seems unlikely that there will be anything...i think?
I think they are having a very PC based LanSmash this time around.
Besdies the lack of hype and even discussion about it at this stage suggests it wouldn't be on?
I dunno.

Regardless of whether there is something we should get on to it and work out what we are doing and when people want the KONG OFF.

Gords

Smash Champion
well i will be in qld on the weekend of lansmash, so either way we should do something while im there.
big meet/Kong Off sounds good

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Have the Kong Off at JBM so you can stream please! Or anywhere that has decent enough upload. <3

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Kong event would be sweet. Closer to the city the better for me (As it gives me the ability to drink and still get home).
Are we looking at doing an all dayish sort of event? Or night time only?

Would be good to have stream + commentary up. I wonder who the best people to commentate in our scene would be. Watching how it's done in america it would be really nice if we could step it up and get some solid people to start trying it here - especially for future events.

Maybe we need to let everyone have a shot and explore from there..

Time to learn some DK vs DK combos!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
^Reason #2
Would rather insult then try to help me be a better TO.

Was going to come for a event for mainly melee but don't think I want come if he wants to continue to be an arsehole.

To think, my only crime was playing brawl and trying to run it and build leadership skills

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Hey guys there's this tourney I'm going to run in 2 months ok, make sure you come.

*is never seen again*

p.s at this point you say 'yer i suck gg' and then we all move to rainbowmelee land and frolic in the fields

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hey guys there's this tourney I'm going to run in 2 months ok, make sure you come.

*is never seen again*
If thats buttonsmash 2 I wasn't running brawl there and never was. That was Keepetclassy and I told him I wouldn't be there. I only advertised it for him.

I'm sure I'v even posted it somewhere here or FB.

I was going away before I even even knew when buttonsmash 2 was on

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I have no idea what any of this is about (Good old 5 year break). But back to lansmash -

If we have a choice do we actually want to do lansmash or have kong event somewhere?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I have no idea what any of this is about (Good old 5 year break). But back to lansmash -

If we have a choice do we actually want to do lansmash or have kong event somewhere?
It was about a brawl event I advertised for buttonsmash. I left it to keepetclassy to promote further it and I only put it up here, the fb page and that was it.

Top Bottom