• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The Kong Off was amazing. Shoutouts to Bob and Dino for being exceptional hosts as always and for fully embracing the Spirit of the Dong. If you guys haven't thrown them out already, could you please hold on to the empty banana bread beer bottles? I forgot to take my trophy home with me.

Good stuff to King Good Doctor James Birds Esquire for adding yet another title to your name.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Yeah idk why the stream was that awful. Besides that though, REALLY fun night, thanks so much Bob and Dino for everything!

<3

Gords

Smash Champion
Last night in Qld. Please tell me that something is happening tonight. If not please make it happen

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Kong Off Results
1st Coconut Cream Pie Showers (Spup/J-Birds)
2nd With Zeeeeeec (Moose/Syke)
3rd BIG D*CK 2 - Donkey Schlong (Bob/Dino)
4th Donkey D*cks Desuex (Toki/Marcus)
5th King Kong Dong (Arrow/Budgie)
5th Golden Bananas (Woodley/Gords)
7th Planet Of the DKs (Vyse/Jess)
7th Blue Suede Monkey Balls (Monkey/Blue)
http://challonge.com/kongoffdoubles
I have to say that is the best collection of team names I have ever seen.
...QUEENSLANDER!

Yeah idk why the stream was that awful. Besides that though, REALLY fun night, thanks so much Bob and Dino for everything!

<3
That's OK, we had the camcorder for that.
There you go!

Heaps of matches recordered, 2006 style!

>footage coming later<

EDIT: I like how everyones DK Avatars match their personality.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman

Congrats to the DK champs (cheers microsoft paint)

I've gotta say, it was a pretty fun tourney, a big turn out by the Vyse crew (my sausages brings all the doyles to the yard) of course there was the streaming problem but we'll blame that on Mytus for being out of the state, c'mon jeremy, get yo **** together.

For future Kong Offs, DK doubles should be the standard, but singles tourneys aren't as important, a standard singles can be held rather than a DK singles tourney if the people prefer and the champion can be decided like in wrestling: people can prove how good their DKs are and challenge the champion for the title of the QLD King of Kongs.

In other news, besides Thursdays and Saturdays, I'll be very free for meets if people are having them over the next 2-3 weeks during the uni holidays. Either Bob or I will post if we are having any in the coming weeks, but i won't promise anything.

Finally, cheers to Matt for helping us get our controllers back, and when is the next play warehouse? Bob and I would prefer the 19th of July if people prefer it, if held on that day, we could definitely host something that night for doyles who want a meet, also a BBQ (drum drum cymbal)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
All next Kong Off needs is an exhibition between me and King Kong.

and championship belts

oh and coconut cream pie showers

Last edited:

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
So I've heard QLD scene went hype this year. Is anyone putting vids up on YT of melee tournaments? Or just stream?
I'm going to be so far behind when I get back next year...
Hope PW goes well!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Sup Doyles, just querying about potential smash meet either anytime Wednesday or Friday or Thursday arvo to night, since both bob and I have the days off would be nice to do something.
I know a bunch of you guys are heading down for ACL (an anagram for Cal) but give one of us a shout if people are hosting anything or if the people want it, we can host something ....... Maybe

Sloth

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity who is TOing Melee for PW next weekend?

I'll likely come just for the morning, maybe play some friendlies and enter in the start of the comp. Looking forward to playing again as its been a few months!

If we run doubles first I should be able to stay to complete that. Need a team mate though. Double IC's Zak? :p
Hopefully my plans don't change and I can't come at all.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Smopup won't be attending, so there's one contender out of it for the TO position. I will always have the capability to TO if required, it's just more convenient to have a laptop upstairs and downstairs.

Syke or Jbirds keen to run it?

Also are there any changes to the melee ruleset of late? Will update as required in the OP.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I got a working laptop but I'm broke so I can't come yet I remain happy with my self
Food is the most expensive thing, I should probs go the weekend without eating and I can afford to come~

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Oh shiiiiit. Was just driving home and drove past a house with a ****ing perfect CRT for what I need sitting outside, didn't want it. So I took it. Now I got a sweet smash tv.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Btw I have the next 5 weeks off. Somebody please practice with me, I'm not gonna book flights to melbourne if I'm not practiced enough.
Hey Aussierob, we'll be having friendlies at mine this weekend either before or after PW. Hopefully there will be JBM6 the following weekend also. I'll post an update later this week about it.

EDIT: Actually, if Bob and Dino are keen maybe they would be up for hosting friendlies before/after PW this weekend? My place might not be so good for it.

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Oh shiiiiit. Was just driving home and drove past a house with a ****ing perfect CRT for what I need sitting outside, didn't want it. So I took it. Now I got a sweet smash tv.
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!

-Soooiiikkkeeeee!
Just cause we lost the Origin this year didn't mean you had to go to NSW and lose as well.
Ametuer!
>braces for the incoming Jon-a-thon< (Thurston)

-We are happy to host or travel to meets as long as it doesn't conflict with our religion (Football).
KEEP US IN THE LOOP!
You crazy whippersnappers!

Nakhthorheb

Smash Rookie
Yo I'm thinking I'll come to the next PW tourney. Never been before, so I got a few Qs-

1 Does anyone know if going by train is an alright idea for getting there? I don't have a car atm so I was thinking I'd get off at Loganlea station and walk to the venue from there.
2 Should I bring my cube + melee and stuff? I'd bring my CRT as well but it's a bit heavy for pub transport.
3 What's the tourney style (e.g. double elimination, swiss)? Will it depend on turnout, perhaps?
4 If the tourney is from 10 to 6, about how much of that would be downtime? Is there time/space at the venue/setups for friendlies?

Big thx to anyone who answers anythin

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yo I'm thinking I'll come to the next PW tourney. Never been before, so I got a few Qs-

1 Does anyone know if going by train is an alright idea for getting there? I don't have a car atm so I was thinking I'd get off at Loganlea station and walk to the venue from there.
2 Should I bring my cube + melee and stuff? I'd bring my CRT as well but it's a bit heavy for pub transport.
3 What's the tourney style (e.g. double elimination, swiss)? Will it depend on turnout, perhaps?
4 If the tourney is from 10 to 6, about how much of that would be downtime? Is there time/space at the venue/setups for friendlies?

Big thx to anyone who answers anythin
1 - You could walk from the train station. I haven't done it myself, but it isn't a far distant and since it's winter it shouldn't be too hot outside. Otherwise closer to the day one of the players may be able to pick you up.
By the way where do you live? If people have room sometimes they can get you and head to the venue so you don't need to public transport.

2 - Cube/Melee is always helpful just in case, usually the setups are covered if the normal crowd do turn up, but you never want to be short.

3 - Tournament style changes month by month. Depends on factors such as numbers / time to start / if we want to test a new format. Last two I've been too (I missed the last couple) have been swiss. Usually you'd find swiss or pools that then filter into a double elim bracket after.

4 - This all depends on setups on the day. In my experience you will find down-time to friendly, but you have to give up you TV spot if someone needs it for a tournament match. I'm sure you'll get plenty of games in though!

You should definitely come!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Have you washed off the salt yet Zak?

You did play pretty terrible after watching you on stream. The amount of miss edge guards you usually never drop... especially against Ted. So so bad. Just play better and maybe you'll get on the PR for QLD.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
It is my dream to be amongst the ranks of Qld royalty such as King Dr James Birds Esquire.

Last match on fd was the worst >_> 2 times I got hit by firefox while going for the f-air/up-b kill and another time I just stood still while Ted illusioned thru me XD

still, to play so **** and only lose by 1 minor error aint bad.

Last edited:

Maggz

Smash Rookie
So I live like 10 minutes away from the venue I have only just started playing Melee for like 1 month. Although I heard that attending tourneys is the best way to improve, sooooo should I come even though I'll just probably just get destroyed?

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
So I live like 10 minutes away from the venue I have only just started playing Melee for like 1 month. Although I heard that attending tourneys is the best way to improve, sooooo should I come even though I'll just probably just get destroyed?
This, I've only just started playing Brawl a decent amount and I'll get decimated if I go probs (I can't make this one anyway), but I'm still keen to give it a go/git gud

Top Bottom