• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
All of you come to PW, smash scene is the best. I got destroyed at my first tournament and I am sooo glad I went.

Also if you can't handle losing just use this http://taerk.net/files/john-o-tron-9k.html

I recently didn't make it out of pools at ACL and I just loaded up the john-o-tron and instantly had an excuse: "The sun is too big"

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
All of you come to PW, smash scene is the best. I got destroyed at my first tournament and I am sooo glad I went.

Also if you can't handle losing just use this http://taerk.net/files/john-o-tron-9k.html

I recently didn't make it out of pools at ACL and I just loaded up the john-o-tron and instantly had an excuse: "The sun is too big"
holy **** that site is 10/10 haha
sounds like a plan

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace

Can vouch for awesomeness of QLD smashers.
Pls beat phrase, his salt is my favourite food

Maggz

Smash Rookie
Reading the above comments has made be want to go, see you guys there. Also I literally have nobody to practice against so if anyone is around Shailer and is willing to deal with my noobness, hit us up.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
You should try going after your flight. The singles tournament doesn't usually begin until 1 or 2pm. The only thing is you might need to call someone in the venue to let you in. Send a message to the TOs @ Remastered Remastered or @ J-Birds J-Birds and they should be able to give you a contact number.

I'll be driving back from Byron sometime on Saturday morning so I'll probably be able to make it for singles at least.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm the admin on the Queensland Smash Events page on Facebook (link in the OP). Send me a PM on FB, and I'll send you contact details there. Otherwise facebook in general is the best way to get me these days.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
No puppy for doubles?............. BIG D!CKS GOING FOR THE WIN!!!
Maybe 2nd ....Or 3rd...... top 4 is fine =3
Oh speaking of doubles, if Bob and I come up against either Puppy, J-Birds or both at the same time, we will whip out our Kongs (also we'll use DK) for at least a match, if you don't comply ........... Words won't describe our disappointment in you 2.

Anyways, we'll be there but have to leave around 3pm, we'll bring a setup and a CRT

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sadly a house inspection has come up right at 1pm out in newstead (about a 40min drive). So I don't know if there is much point in me coming around 2pm as I'll miss my first single rounds. Or even from 10-12 (As I can't stay long enough to complete doubles).

Maybe I'll keep my ear open on the day and someone can message me how things are going and if I do have time.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Sadly a house inspection has come up right at 1pm out in newstead (about a 40min drive). So I don't know if there is much point in me coming around 2pm as I'll miss my first single rounds. Or even from 10-12 (As I can't stay long enough to complete doubles).

Maybe I'll keep my ear open on the day and someone can message me how things are going and if I do have time.
House inspections suck :s

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Just to mix it up - is anyone planning anything for tomorrow night?
If no one else is doing anything, I'll have a few people around at mine tomorrow (Friday). Can't host too many though, so hopefully someone who can cater to everyone puts their hand up.

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I can't come tomorrow cause my work are ****wits.
They make Hitler look like a good bloke.

Still offering CRTs, powerboards etc, someone give Dr. Dino a lift? :)

Sloth

Smash Ace
So no smash tonight? Need to know before I settle in to doing nothing but recovering from this hangover!

Wish I could help, but at this stage I won't even make it to the tournament. Approx how far is Bobs place from the tournament venue? In case someone is willing to do an extra trip?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Im up for smash but cbf traveling, can host a couple if keen

for tomorrow
signups at 10
doubles starts at 11
singles pools
lunch
brackets

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Seems like qlds average skill level is getting a lot better now.

I just wanna shoutout to Tristan if he even reads this board for being a cool guy and giving pointers to all the new people instead of just playing friendlies all day. What a champ.

My mate had an awesome day playing Samus after you gave him some pointers.

Last edited:

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Melee Doubles

1. Tristan and Zac
2. 100% Mambo Birds
3. Dino and Radiance
4. Mytus Fairplay and Phrase_
5. Toki and Marcus
5. Rob and Chaddy
7. Jimbo and X
7. Ryan and Tweedle
9. Jackson and Caelan
9. Emery and Ethen
9. Jake and Callum
9. Sam and Lawson
13. Jesse and Matt

Melee Singles PRO Bracket

1. SmOkInG_PuPpy_1337swaglord420sniperxxfjajdfisahdufha
2. Darkwing Sykeduck
3. The good doctor James Birds esquire aka king of kong
4. 100% Mambo
5. Radiance
5. AussieRob
7. Phrase_
7. Trissy
9. Mytus Fairplay
9. Dino
9. Toki
9. Jimbo

Melee Singes Amateur Bracket

1. Jedi Link
2. Party
3. Dutch
4. Callum
5. Jackson
5. E
7. Hase
7. Nakh
9. Smacktalk
9. Bizz
9. Chaddy
9. Ryan
13. Dank
13. Tweedledum
13. Tweedledee
13. Marcus
17. Somnio

Salt Match $5
JBirds-3 Haikal-1

Thanks to everyone for coming, Good to see so many new people, hope you guys liked it and stick around.
Thoughts on splitting of amateur and pro brackets?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I didn't realise you guys had that many players

Grats $pup

Last edited:

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
JBirds Response:
I think having the amateur bracket and pro bracket is really a great move, should of been doing this in 07.

Response to people who placed high:

1. SmOkInG_PuPpy_1337swaglord420sniperxxfjajdfisahdufha
Shame you missed out in the doubles but gratz on tourney win!

2. Darkwing Sykeduck
I was pretty happy taking a match off you even if it was Roy, forcing you to play Marth felt good and felt like I had made some improvements since we last played!

3. The good doctor James Birds esquire aka king of kong
I was expecting to have to play you again today but happy that I didn't have to!

4. 100% Mambo
Intense series! Doubles & esp Singles!

5. AussieRob
Bad luck in the doubles I think your suicides made a difference!

7. Phrase_
At this point I am well and truly over having to keep playing you as this is 4th series in the last 2 tournaments we've played which is really irritating I am sure you feel the same way. Marth dittoes can be 50/50 so really dislike playing vs you in tournaments, mind games made u ban dreamland incase I picked peach! :)

7. Trissy
If you didn't win the doubles i woulda been slightly peeved!

9. Mytus Fairplay
You need to stop suiciding :) doubles was intense.

9. Dino
We top 3'd in doubles which was really cool, was great playing with you today thanks for teaming w/me. The wavedashing luigi was great.

9. Toki
Unfortunately I wasn't able to defeat Zac for you but yeah we should play some more games!

9. Jimbo
Good job!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Like I said my mate had a heap of fun today because he could play people on his level and not just get slaughtered by us and sit out all day.

I think it was a successful tourney.

Top Bottom