• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Would probably work but we probably don't get home till 8ish?
That break inbetween probably kills off any hope of anyone wanting to come over?

We could hold QKOK as an extra incentive...
Will tell yas what that is after the video is done.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 exams on the 23rd, 2nd time this year I will miss tourney stuff because of exams,

if doubles are done first, we can still come, but singles will push us for time and probably screw us over, will need to talk about potentially leaving some CRTs and the **** bag (that's its actual name) of extension cords and power boards behind when we leave, provided people have room in cars to take them.
Unless our stuff isn't necessary, depending on the turn out and CRT suppliers

Now bed time for the coincidental timing of having a test in the morning

Splice

Smash Hero
1. SP
2. Syke
3. J Birds
4. Phrase
5. Tranq
6. Dino
7. Flux
8. Aaron
9. Jimbo
10. Emery
11. Bob
12. Nonco
13. Blue
are there vids for this tournament? I scrolled through the last 3 pages but didnt find anything

Sloth

Smash Ace
What does QKOK stand for?

I am meant to test drive cars on the 21st. So likely won't make it to PW. But if i get a car then I'll make it to far more meets / friendlies after so it's a win overall.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Kong Off 1.

OK kids.
The Kong Off is a DK Only Tournament to be held as soon as people like.

In the Spirit of Dorf Offs 1 and 2 in 2010 the DK Tournament will be a fairly casual affair which will be over reasonably quickly and then people can get into friendlies and whatnot.

Rules:
Standard Double Elimnation for Doubles and maybe seeded Double Elim for Singles. Whatever people want really.

Stages are all your normals PLUS Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle N64.

Items: DK barrel set to low appearance.

When: Whatever time suits people!
Let us know.
Could be as soon as tomorrow night or after PW4.

Where: We will probably have it here in Brown Stains but if other people want to host then feel free!
If this is popular enough it could also spawn multiple sequals.
It wouldn't take long and could be held as a side event at other tournaments like Lansmash for example.

Hoping to have:
Commentary, Crews, DK Mix Tape, Recording/Streaming.
Also. King Kong himself if anyone can get a hold of the great man.

Get pumped for some serious Monkey Buisness and SHOW ME THE MONKEY!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
We kind of want it Sunday night/any time Monday if people are interested, of course it can be held at a later date or even just a smash meet Sunday or Monday would be nice too.

If enough people are interested could have a BBQ smash meet for the Queen Kong's birthday holiday.
Let us know if people are interested by posting here or texting either Bob or myself
Narf

Dekar289

Smash Hero
best tournament idea/ruleset ever
extra prize for top 2: free flights and accommodation to shadowloo, where they play a bo5 set under the same rules for $50,000

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I need a copy of ssbm and a memory card. Does anybody have any extras laying around?

Edit: can someone direct me to some decent gc controllers on ebay? I bought some which turned out to be home made pieces of ****.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
I live in maleny, but I'll probably be in brisbane this weekend and will be at any smash meets that happen. I'll bring it along

Sloth

Smash Ace
Just pick up Sheik. That way you won't need to practice tech since she takes zero skill, so you won't need a copy. Problem solved!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Is anyone willing to take some CRTs off me at PW4?

Either temporarily or permanently.

Let me know before the event or I can't bring any!
Thats 2-3 TVs down for the day.

Daelor

Smash Rookie
Hey I just signed up, I want to get more into the competitive side of Smash, and I figured this is a good place to start. I want to come to this event hopefully depends if I'm working next Saturday.

I love watching competitive Smash but I have zero experience playing it, so is it good to come to this event and learn?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just signed up, I want to get more into the competitive side of Smash, and I figured this is a good place to start. I want to come to this event hopefully depends if I'm working next Saturday.

I love watching competitive Smash but I have zero experience playing it, so is it good to come to this event and learn?
Hey, welcome to the boards! And yes, going to tournaments is the best thing you can do if you want to start getting better as well as meet all the homies in the scene. The Melee scene in particular is looking to have a lot of meets once exams are over, so it's a good time to get involved.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord

Yes come along!

Don't be put off its a bit hard at first, we all had to go through that stage.
Best thing to do is come along and play as many different people as possible and just have fun with it.

Come to meets too!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Ok, where Bob and I stand for the next 2 months

Kong Off
Bob, myself and our place will be unavailable most Saturday nights until late July/ earlier August, unless people would like a 9pm start on a Saturday night in July. However if people want it Friday night, we are quite free to host on most Fridays, a possible date is the Friday 27th of June (week in between play warehouse and LAN smash).
However, if others want to host the tourney like at JBMs or other meets, feel free.
Another possible time is at LAN smash, preferably on the day that melee isn't on to ensure that there is enough time for the LAN smash tourneys to be done without any complications.

Play warehouse
Bob and I have to leave around 2pm at play warehouse, we'll bring at least 2 CRTs and the D*** Smith bag of power boards and extension cords for your pleasure, both CRTs are to be taken by Tranq and Syke, we'll bring a third CRT if another wants one.
However, we request that doubles is done first, we prefer double than singles and play warehouse runs better with doubles first, Bob has told me and we both agree that if singles is done first, it will be unlikely we come on Saturday (not worth waking up for) plus we could miss official matches in singles if we have to leave early, doubles would be finished by 12, well at least for us.

Finally LAN smash.
Much like play warehouse, gotta leave around 2pm the Saturday of LAN smash, I'm guessing the schedule is melee Saturday, brawl pm Sunday. No requests, just inquiring. Hosting outer staters wise, my brother will be staying with us that week, so my opinion is pointless on if others can stay, anyone wanting to stay with us *coughs Cal and Gords* will have to inquire with bob.

That's about it.
Also welcome new guy

#FreeMytus

Gords

Smash Champion
I got the god tier roster for next month, so i am confirmed for lansmash.
Bob, Matt, Antho. could i get some housing please for friday 4th till morning of monday 7th july

Last edited:
Top Bottom