• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you try too hard to understand it, your brain will erode and you'll end up just like them

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
more like I'm jamages favorite smasher

jamage isnt even one of the fearsome five

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
The question I don't see being asked in all this arguing over who is responsible for Melee getting wrongly shafted for the pot boost (and I was under the impression the payout was going to be spread past 3rd?) is: why can't the recipients of this extra money now just give it to the Melee players whom it was intended for?

Beyond that, I just want to thank everyone who had a hand in organizing and running this tournament, and especially Vyse for letting us crash at his place on Saturday night. The logistics and hurdles involved with running a major seem like a monumental challenge, and with an uncertain future facing Victorian Melee right now as Redact steps down, it becomes more apparent to me that we shouldn't take the efforts of those who run tournaments for granted.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The question I don't see being asked in all this arguing over who is responsible for Melee getting wrongly shafted for the pot boost (and I was under the impression the payout was going to be spread past 3rd?) is: why can't the recipients of this extra money now just give it to the Melee players whom it was intended for?
Because it shouldn't be their responsibility.

No worries about the housing. I knew having a 3 bedroom house would help one day.

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
MTGod - the man of the hour. the highlight of the entire tournament for me was meeting you and playing catherine with you. such a cool guy.
I'm having deja vu, that's pretty much what Robocop was like for me.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
right vyse, it's not their responsibility, neither is it adept's responsibility
but mabes some common decency would be good and adept could contact the brawl winners and request some decency from them also in the form of returning nova's melee money , then contacting syke and redistributing the pot moneys
but i guess he had a sook about mucking up this 'major' so hard and took off... oh well why bother try fixing summersmash when u can sook and run away!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
right vyse, it's not their responsibility, neither is it adept's responsibility
but mabes some common decency would be good and adept could contact the brawl winners and request some decency from them also in the form of returning nova's melee money , then contacting syke and redistributing the pot moneys
but i guess he had a sook about mucking up this 'major' so hard and took off... oh well why bother try fixing summersmash when u can sook and run away!
Actually, I'm about to address that in a new thread.

It won't be a perfect solution, but it will be for the long-term betterment of Melee in QLD I hope.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also the actual best part of this tourney was toki bowling.
he had to hit a single pin, so he did a kamehameha with the bowling ball and knocked the pin down

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318746
I'm making up for it by investing $300 into LanSmash Melee events across the year.

Given that the money is probably already spent in some amount already, I'm not going to ask them to refund anything. If they'd like to donate some amount of what they have, if anything, that's up to them. They're not obligated to. It's already not fair to put it on the table.

tedeth

Smash Master
lol yeah the night of the tourney i was like "hey i have lotsa cash i didn't expect to have" so i bought everyone alcohol and stuff.

Apparently that means I don't have decency.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ofc that doesn't reflect on ur 'decency', i believe the onus was on adept try and fix the error
if you already spent it then it just amplifies that adept shouldn't have screwed up so hard in the first place (apollo too)
besides, some of that money would go across to you anyway
grats again on huge placings

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah guys, the melee pot was put mostly into doubles, so if anyone should have to give up their money wouldnt it be the doubles winners?

I was one of those so I'm happy to give back the $45 that I made

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, Ted has his money, and I don't mean to assume, but with the money I'm pledging for LanSmash, Syke will just win my money. (And before any of you say you'll come in and snipe it, I look forward to the 6 plane trips you'll be taking).

With Luke's $45, if the other 4 doubles placers (Attila, Tibs, Dean, Earl) each contributed a bit each and I threw in whatever, we'd have $200 to send off to SD.

Deal?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's $90, if the others throw in $20 and I pitch in $30 that's $200 (But that's up to the discretion of those guys. If they've already spent it, I might even just split the difference with Luke and Teddy).

Although Ted, there's no reason to do that, because you were still meant to get that money anyway.
(Though I also realise you know that, so it's up to you).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm not sure I'm comfatable with you having to pay any money at all vyse, and I doubt sd will be either

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

It's up to him.

I'll put it towards the LS Melee fund if he doesn't take it.

Edit: Adept just txtd me to say he's going to match my $300 pledge.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just received an email to say that I'm getting my $750 bond plus $100 back as a refund for the double booking.

Ill need to check that I get my key bond back too.

:phone:

MTGod

Smash Champion
ILY Aus smash scene. So many good times.

I'll post my shoutouts soon-ish, after I finish the backlog of **** that occurred while I was away lol.

Also, if anyone is trying to find my Facebook, look for Ian Loxton. Should be on Vyse's, Marteh's, the infamous Richard's, Testi's, Hugh's, etc. etc. I'll do a bit of searching later on.

S.D

Smash Master
As much as I appreciate the gesture guys it's completely unnecessary to redistribute the money now, after the point. Besides, those who won money would have spent more than me just to attend in the first place (esp attila and tibs missed their plane XD). I wouldn't feel comfortable taking any money from anyone at this point, and I'm not salty about anything that went down, still had a fun day. And antho none of this was your fault whatsoever, and you did an excellent job organisation-wise given the circumstances. So big thanks for the offer, but hang on to ur green homies.

Friendlies Dif? Bulk upload?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
As much as I appreciate the gesture guys it's completely unnecessary to redistribute the money now, after the point. Besides, those who won money would have spent more than me just to attend in the first place (esp attila and tibs missed their plane XD). I wouldn't feel comfortable taking any money from anyone at this point, and I'm not salty about anything that went down, still had a fun day. And antho none of this was your fault whatsoever, and you did an excellent job organisation-wise given the circumstances. So big thanks for the offer, but hang on to ur green homies.
Alright.

Well at this point AD3PT and I have each pledged $300 each towards the facilitation of tournaments in Queensland this year, and I feel that is a better use of the money now that SummerSmash is over anyway.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i just realised that all the videos i put up are sped-up. something seems to have gone wrong on the recording side because it's all seemingly been recorded in about x1.25 speed =\ i'll fix it all on the weekend and reupload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom