• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Luke knows whats up.

@ Jaice
How can i currently not be higher when the 2 people that beat you last tourney have never beaten me.
Also i generally beat toki convincingly

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Why does S tier have to be chris threw stocking everyone on all of his matches? He ****ed **** up consistently but didn't 3 stock everyone always.

Look guys, there's a reason there's a panel, and that's cuz opinions are opinions and the panel knows what's up.

Example: I think Im at the same level as scrubs and Ryan on melee rankings, but that's purely selfish because I've never beaten either of them in tourney, and the panel is right to put me where I am.

Just suck it up and wait for the panel to put everyone where they go. If you aren't happy, get better. This ranking is not the "be all and end all" of your skill. You CAN outperform higher players, which happens. It's just to spark competition, not silly debate.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
@ Luke - If Toki used 'Random' in all tournaments for the rest of his life, this would not be a good indication of his skill with Marth. If this scenario were to occur, would the ‘human perspective’ component then just take into consideration friendlies? Surely not (and if you think so, then you are a ****wit). I know what you are trying to get at and your simple explanation is plausible. For instance, the ’human perception’ part that you were explaining applies to what I was saying about the damage % being very close at the end of the majority of matches for the people I have listed in the A tier. Results don’t show this, but humans can observe this. I believe the panel shouldn’t have to take into account excuses for tournament matches. However if they do, then thank you as your interjection just solidifies my argument even more that seaDORF and myself are on the same level as Jbirds and Toki.

@ Jbirds - As Luke was suggesting, I claim the use of 'excuses' for the last tournament, thus those results are null and void. Might as well ignore the whole tournament. SeaDORF beating you shouldn't be taken into consideration either...

@ Aussierob123 - Chris not playing for a while but winning the next tournament would show that he still is up there, but would not warrant him to go immediately straight to 'S tier', unless if his bracket happened to contain 1 to 10 of the PR and he beats all of them convincingly. Opinions are welcomed for PR and sometimes even sway the positioning of some people. You CAN outperform higher players, but when this happens, apparently they are allowed to claim the use of 'excuses'. The panel doesn't always completely know what's up, therefore the input from non-panellists is still needed to provide some extra 'human perception'.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI!

I get my own Tier yay!

I'll leave my input later, when I'm not in cbf mode.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
you sound sooooooo bitter jaice just let it be bro
you dont have to accept what the panel decides anyhow, in the end its just a silly list

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Indignation Judgement

I was simply answering your question about characters jaice, as for claiming excuses, you dont get to do that, the panel makes the judgement themselves, (do you guys even have a panel?)
and your also comparing apples and oranges,
using random and losing for 1 tourney is different to player x beating player y in an upset victory

if toki were to continue to use random and lose, then he would do doing so at the loss of his pr placement, but 1 tourney for funsies shouldnt have him heavly penalized.

the point I was making was that one off situations that have a plausable reason can have that reason ackowledged at the panels discresion, but if your trying to put that into the same boat as you playing a lower character (all the time) then someone whos higher on the panel as you (which you were a few posts up) then you should just stop and walk away.

if you dont like your placing, then simply get better

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ Jaice
How can i currently not be higher when the 2 people that beat you last tourney have never beaten me.
Also i generally beat toki convincingly
Because you have never actually beaten Jaice, and you also didn't beat Sea either. If anything you are all equal otherwise Toki is the only person who consistently beats more than 1 other player, and therefore would be alone up top.

@Jaice, Vyse is consistently beaten by everyone from C tier and above, including Arrow. Cal has also beaten Vyse now too. Therefore the botton end of that tier is out a bit.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I have beaten Jaice before, hes 3-1 against me in sets.
I agree Toki is a notch above because he hasnt lost to Sea
However how can jaice and i be equal when he has lost to twice as many people as me.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Woooow Jaice, don't be such a tight *** about the PR. Srsly, we shouldn't place people depending on their character MU's or if they want to muck around for 1 tournament. You chose that character, so it's your job to do well with that character, if you don't like it, pick up a higher tier.

But you usually get praised like a god if you **** with a low tier character =D (Scabe)

That's what the panel's for, they use common sense to see which tournies count and what not, to see if people are actually trying, we keep everything into consideration even the players characters they're using(but doesn't really make an impact).

If you want to make a PR list with EVERYTHING into consideration be my guest, no one's stopping you.

Yes Luke, we do have a panel... full of rich successful business men.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I came 3rd at the last tournament because my Canary was sick. Would have come 1st :). Common sense lol.

@Jbirds: When was that 1 that you won against Jaice, I don't remember it?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Zzz, srsly, you two. Besides, you'll never come first =D

Common sense.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Jaice and i have played 3 sets.
Smashplay ? - I beat im in winners semis (real close set), he beat me in losers finals. 1-1
Smashplay ? - He beat me in winners finals (real close set). 1-2

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Well he was a little busy getting 0-deathed by a kirby to see what would have happened at the last smashplay.
oooooh went there
<3 Jaice

Remastered

Smash Lord
lol stupid kirby, but his own fault for losing so retardedly.

Are we able to do tiers in Qld if it isn't with the guidelines of the PR?

Also need to play Sea in a MM at santa if I don't play him in brackets. I wanna beat that Ddk so bad.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
oldman here, I think you're all way off.
Here's my predicitons on the next PR.

S tier
Chris :metaknight:
Scrub Fox :metaknight:
Rocko :metaknight:
Syke :metaknight:

A tier
J-birds :snake:
oldman :snake:
Arrow :snake:
sea :diddy:
Vyse :diddy:
Kas :falco:
toki :marth:

B tier (Taylor tier)
Jaice :olimar:
Tiahn :pikachu2:
Matt :dedede:

C tier
Hotdog :kirby2:

D tier
Jesmo :wolf:
J-birds (when he wants to place badly) :pt:

E tier
Cal :bowser2:

F tier:
Kaion :samus2:

G tier
ranga :ganondorf:

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Also need to play Sea in a MM at santa if I don't play him in brackets. I wanna beat that Ddk so bad.
haha, what do you mean by wanting to beat that diddy kong? Your D3 beats me most of the time. We can money match at santa if you like.

Also need a revenge money match against rocko. Double the money ricky, from 50c to a dollar :p

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
I know that USING LOWER TIER CHARACTERS SHOULDN'T BE AN EXCUSE. Some of you are promoting that some players can just claim "I wasn't trying" or 'excuses' which throws out the validity of tournament results if a Panellist allows it to happen. Why are excuses allowed for certain players and not for others? Jbirds, Matthew's canary died and that is why Matthew and Hotdog beat me. If a Panellist is not willing to judge fairly the placings of people on the PR, than I would question their position on the Panel in the first place.

At the moment I feel as though I am trying to explain evolution to a bunch of creationists - which for some reason occurs quite frequently on these forums... Like my explanations and the results of tournaments, important points are being ignored and thus the whole validity of the subject is undermined because people are not looking at the entire scheme of things. Rebuttal at the moment just seems to me to be similar to "But Jesus is real".

Hotdog

Smash Lord
So Jaice, you're asking why Toki's excuse of using random characters is valid when your excuse of your bird dying isn't? Well it was obvious to see that Toki wasn't trying that tournament, so it shouldn't really affect his placing that much on the PR. People just can't walk up to us and say oh I wasn't trying cause that's not going to work, you must think we're really dumb. We observe and take down a lot more than you probably think.

But, if that bird dying REALLY, REALLY, REALLY affected your abilities to play smash properly, then maybe we'll think about it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
It did, I was crying during every match. I just can't make tears. </3

@Sea: Friendlies don't count, sif I could 2 stock your **** diddy in tourney match. (that was only luck and you 2 stocked me straight back on next stage). Your my new benchmark to beat in smash QLD.

Toki is broken, he is in every tier on random.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sorry, no tears no proof. But you came third, maybe that canary was holding you back from unleashing your full potential.

Dat toki.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm chiming in here because I'm at work when I shouldn't be, so I'm browsing :D

A tournament is a competitive atmosphere - one which implies people should try their best to get the best placing they can. If someone chooses to use Random they are implementing a handicap upon themselves at will, and thus as they are playing in a competitive environment their choice must therefore be deemed a competitive choice and must be taken into account. The point of a PR is to promote competitivity, so if players choose to not be competitive then they choose to have their PR placing affected. Same goes for if someone switches mains, plays a low tier etc.

Smash is in a tricky situation where the tournaments are more social than competitive, and thus people lose sight of the competition in order to have more fun. There's nothing wrong with that, however if you want to retain credibility in your PR list you need to retain its competitivity. No one should be allowed to pick and choose which tournament they want to "try" in and assume the rest of the tournaments won't affect their placing. In short, save the random for the smashfests eh :D?

I'm fully aware that I've said the same thing about 10 different ways in that post :p Sorry Sca-----....Toki!!! <3<3

*slinks back into the shadows*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom