• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, but QLD are lazy like this, it's how we roll =D

We tend to be more lenient.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Gweh, fair enough - I'm just bored at work so I thought I'd stick my nose into other people's business :D Perth Thread so boring nowadays =_="

MTGod

Smash Champion
PR is all about maximising efficiency and increasing profit margins :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I love how people cant accept an arguement and instead claim your ignoring their perfectly good points.

simple thing is jeice, you cant hit goku no matter how hard you try.

toki didnt claim he wasnt trying, it was claimed for him by everyone else, second using random and having some ****ty excuse are two different things, third it was a one off thing, if he were to do it all the time then he would be penalized for it.

its simply using human judgement to weigh up the other factors outside of simple win/loss.
in this case, they decided that this one tourney shouldnt really count to anything because using random for one tourney cant really be measured for tokis actual skill level.

you can compare this to ****ty religion debates all you like, or say that we have no idea what we're talking about but you have most of a state against you, and I'm a pr panelist from australias first and most succesful pr and I know what I'm talking about (or I like to think I do anyways, gotta love that ego)

I get paid to be on this website so I'm quite happy to bounce this back and forward all you like, en though its not really any of my buisness ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I can never be bothered to remember since my hourly rate changes depending on the time of day, but I get around $700 a week for 40 hours of work (wouldnt actually call it work), which isnt too bad.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I get paid 2ice that to be on here, therefore my opinion has double the value :).

My canary is alive again, it faked it's own death, so I am having it put down.

Jaice wasn't only referring to Toki, there was another person using excuses. I'm interested in what makes a PR the 'most' successful?

I still think Toki is #1, and will win santasmash!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that was actually nsw propaganda.
but we have been the model for eveyone else, and are the most 'professionaly run' for lack of a better term, everything runs smoothly.

also I have more then 20 times the amount of posts you have, therefore my opinion is worth 20 times yours ;)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm a member of the International Mensa Academy therefore my IQ is atleast double that of the average male. Therefore you get the picture :)

Enough blowing smoke up arses. I have a new character for Santasmash, for now I'm going to say it's IC's to mess with Hotdogs sanity.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
I love how people cant accept an arguement and instead claim your ignoring their perfectly good points.

simple thing is jeice, you cant hit goku no matter how hard you try.

toki didnt claim he wasnt trying, it was claimed for him by everyone else, second using random and having some ****ty excuse are two different things, third it was a one off thing, if he were to do it all the time then he would be penalized for it.

its simply using human judgement to weigh up the other factors outside of simple win/loss.
in this case, they decided that this one tourney shouldnt really count to anything because using random for one tourney cant really be measured for tokis actual skill level.

you can compare this to ****ty religion debates all you like, or say that we have no idea what we're talking about but you have most of a state against you, and I'm a pr panelist from australias first and most succesful pr and I know what I'm talking about (or I like to think I do anyways, gotta love that ego)

I get paid to be on this website so I'm quite happy to bounce this back and forward all you like, en though its not really any of my buisness ;)
= "But Jesus is real".

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Friggin jesus disguising himself as a canary.

Throw whatever you got matt, I'll be ready to 3 stock it... or 0-death it... Or both =D

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
i disagree matt...

1. Jbirds
2. Hotdog
3. Toki
4. Jesmo
5. Me and Jaice tied
7. Kaion
8. AD3PT
9. Rocko and oldman tied

Jesmo ***** me, i can't be higher than him. Me and Jaice are dead even, it was just unfortunate his rob sd'd. Jbirds is the only consistent one. Hotdog on a good day pretty much kicks everyone's ***.

A couple months ago... **** majors, straight qld tournaments
2 days ago... **** qld tournaments, straight indian tournaments

oldman is the only one who gets this

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Lolol, the only reason I beat you Sea was because I know the Diddy matchup pretty well and I doubt you get much Wolf experience. I'd probably say something like this at the moment though.

Jaymz
Hotdog
Toki
Jesmo
Seadorf
Jaice
Kaion
Vyse
Zeus/OldmanDorf? (They are the same guy right?)
Rocko

Really, I think after Toki it's pretty much kind of a toss up though. I know for sure people like Kaion and Vyse can beat me for example. It's pretty lol though, I mean, what do I know, I've been to one tourney in like five months or something. I think I agree with Jaymz. No-armed marshmallow ***** me :)

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
lol, the only match-ups i know are mk and snake... hence why i do good against jbirds (top tier *****) everyone else it's fair game. I pretty much lost to a pit first round of winner's bracket cos i'm terrible against most of the cast.

out of everyone i've versed so far, you play the diddy match up the best... without a doubt. You have good stage control and are good with bananas.

Remastered

Smash Lord
That's the problem, so many people didn't play others at this tourney. Again my only different match was against people in my pool and that I didn't face Toki in brackets (amazing). I really wanted to face Jesmo, Sea & Hotdogs in this tourney.

I beat Oldman, Vyse, Jaice, and Kaion and I are 2 a piece now. I came third at the tournament before this too. Pretty sure I should be on there Jesmo, wish I could have played you more than half a friendly. Good bloke and an awesome wolf (Wifi **** lol).

Pretty good proof that if J-birds doesn't face Jaice he is number 1. More consistant against everyone.

Toki, what are you doing??? I had money on you </3

****ing MK

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Well AD3PT, yeah, I didn't play you but as I said, below Toki everyone is pretty much the same as far as I can tell. I'd have to play you. Don't take it personally or anything, I only remember playing you like, months ago. Yeah though, Aside from the top 3 everything else is pretty unclear methinks. You're probably right though, should be up there.

I did play like a Wi-Fi Wolf at the tourney lol. Please don't judge my Wolf by how I played on Saturday. The only matches I played half decent were against Sea and that is only because I am so comfortable in the matchup. I was pretty hopeless tbh.

Thanks Sea. Vyse and Kaion really helped me learn that matchup. I had utterly NO clue on the matchup before I played them and obviously studied it a bit. Wolf vs Diddy is pretty even but Wolf actually just has better Banana strings and can gimp Diddy pretty easily if he's not careful. It's almost like you might want to try only using one banana against Wolf for most of the match and just make sure he doesn't get it. Wolf is OP with a banana lolol

Hotdog

Smash Lord
You should stop losing so early then Ad3pt =P

I vs'd pretty much everyone cept Ad3pt.
- Vyse (pools I think)
- Jaice(pools)
- Cal
- Kaion
- Jbirds
- Seadorf
- Jesmo
- Toki
- Jbirds again.
Just can't seem to beat Jbirds... Siiiiiigh...

Swear you have to vs so much more people when you get knocked out into losers...
But it was good having the chance to vs pretty much everyone on the PR, gives me a good insight of how much people have improved and how the list roughly looks. I'll post my opinions about PR placing later.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
The panel has got this kthx

I played all Snake as well XD
Sept that match against you Matt.

Lol you say it like Jaice can easily beat me... I'm pretty confident i would have beaten him had we met in the bracket.
Friendlies are just friendlies but as far as i can remember i dont think i dropped one against him on Saturday.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Is their anything anyone would like to discuss about this PR or are we all pretty content with the outcome?

Personally I think there are atleast 3-4 people who all have the ability to be on this list. Also the top 6 players, although seperated by tiers are close, but the top three have proven their abilities against all other smashers in QLD.

Testi: At the top of the PR it says that the order is considered as each players rank, or words to that affect. For example J-birds is 1st, and Sea is 5th respectively. However numbers might be a good idea for quick and easy reading. Also movements of positions from 2.5-3 might be good if that's what you mean by more numbers?

Hotdog: Do we still have a link to the previous PR's?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I decided not to add the movement of positions since we're using tiers now. I can remember most of them if you really want them in.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm more interested in previous PR page links, can we do that?

If it isn't too hard movements might be good, but so far Testi is the only person who seems interested in them, and I'm not hugely fussed except that there is a major tournament coming up and out of staters might like to gather info for when they arrive. I think all in QLD pretty much know where everyone was at.

Anyone else think we need more numbers?

Remastered

Smash Lord
There are so many inappropriate comebacks I could fire back at that comment, but I'm not sure you would understand them, let alone be able to post them on smashboards without being banned for life.

One involves your mum, but instead I will answer with "Yes" :).

I have decided that after this tourney I probably won't be competing in smash anymore anyway. Hopefully will see some of the regulars now and then for some casual stuff, but I have done what I wanted to do and have become more and more uninterested with playing smash and the scene in general. Better make my last a good one. MUST BEAT TOKI!!!! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom