• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
what j-birds said.

last time I played matt he wasn't doing it properly, so I was able to pull nades and punish then camp for a bit and not get grabbed and win. Playing against D3 with snake is ****ing boring, all you can do is camp and avoid the grab, I got impatient and didn't camp camp camp the whole time so I got grabbed and because he had the timing down this time, he won.

/discussion

Remastered

Smash Lord
lol Any serious thoughts? Cal has improved out of sight. Just needs to make a few less mistakes with bowser and be even more patient with Wario. Sea has to go up obviously.

Arrow seems to play so much better in friendlies than in tournaments. Rocko also did well at the last tournament and Hotdog showed he still wrecks people in the top games.

I need to show consistancy in the next tournament, but still managed to knock the top in QLD into losers and do better than my 7th curse for every other tournament this year (Stoked!!!).

Jaice had a Uni exam that morning and has been examing it up all week for Med so I don't think he had much prep up to the last tournament. (knowing Jaice, he will come back and wreck me at Lansmash just out of spite.) Still top 3 easily I think.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Meh

imo it's...

1. Jaice
2. Jbirds
3. Toki
4. seaDORF
5. Hotdog
6. Kas
7. Kaion
8. Rocko
9. Ad3pt
10. oldmanDORF

Obviously if chris and jezmo were active than it would look different. Pretty much anyone outside of top 3 would be guaranteed a 2 rankings drop.

- That's my unbiased opinion (honestly). I can't be higher than 4th (and don't deserve to be due to consistency) because i've never beaten toki in tournament and i've never versed jaice in tournament but he seemed to beat me in friendlies so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

- I still think jaice is overall the best... jbirds consistently places 2nd. Toki has to be 3rd because he only really loses to jbirds.

- Until i verse kas and kaion (not sure where they stand atm as i haven't seen them in ages) i'd drop them a couple places but i know they're both good and were beating me before i picked up the overpowered diddy kong. I'd have to money match them to find out.

- Hotdog is underrated and is top 5.

- Ricky's really good and is one of the 3 people that i can't seem to beat atm (jaice, toki, ricky) but i don't rekon he has the consistency to be higher than 8 (with respect to the last few tournaments). He loses to lower ranked players but beats high ranked players as well so he's defs top 10 ranked.

- Matt has improved substantially and after placing 3rd and beating oldman and jaice, i rekon that justifies a top 10 ranking. He will most likely climb alot higher with consistent results and improvement. Potential.

- oldman has been placing top 5 in recent tournaments but he has lost to rocko, matt, jaice and jbirds in the last 2 tournaments and the only power ranked player he has beaten in the last 2 tournaments is me so i rekon he falls a little bit. Imo though, rocko, oldman & matt are all tied. Seeing as he lost to both of them though, i'd put him the lowest ranking of the 3.

- Vyse should be tied with 10th pretty much, he's good and should be top 10 but so many people have improved lately and have the edge over him with recent tournament results. Respect though vyse, i still think ur diddy kong is amazing.

NOTE: I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. You're all good. I'm just taking a wild guess based on the last 2 tournaments as I think hotdog said it gets updated once every 3 tournaments? Santasmash will give a better indication of where everyone sits.

This essay pretty much cements my status as the biggest TD on the planet. I feel like the biggest douchebag.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Oh essay Sea maybe you should be a smash researcher aye

Everything is ****ed, even the top 3 isnt clear.
Really impossible to put any number next to people at the moment, people have shown obvious improvments hoever.

Jaice has same results as Sea over last 2 tournaments lol, 1st + 5th. No clear 1st ranked.
Hotdog +
Matt +
Sea +
Oldman -
Ricky -
Toki is silly
JBirds same

Kas and Kaion will be removed unless they compete in at least 1 of the most recent 3 tournaments.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Agreed with Hotdog placing. His attendance I think is really all that kills him in the ranks.

Atm, the top players all seem to be very one can beat one, but can't beat another. At that level of play it really becomes tightly character based until you break out above the crowd. J-birds beats Toki, Toki and Jaice are 1 for 1, Jaice beats J-birds, and now with Sea in the mix and Hotdog to an extent (after dropping Jaice at last tourney) rounds out a very competitive top group of players.

I like the back 5, and again it will come down to next tournament, but it looks rather good. Kaion and Kas really need to make an appearance in the next brawl tourney though.

Qld is shuffling around alot because of the improvement by so many players. This is excellent for Brawl in Qld and nationally.

@Toki: I will be having atleast 2 so I will keep you posted when I can confirm the dates after exams.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1. Jaice
2. Jbirds
3. Toki
4. seaDORF
5. Hotdog
6. Kaion
7. Ad3pt
8. Rocko
9. oldmanDORF
10. Calibur_1337

Top can't really shuffle without hard stats.

sea deserves 4th

Scott was on fire, so his spot is deserved (he beat Jaice).

Kaion absent twice in a row

Matt's luigi is steppin it up

Rocko's MK is legit, though he hasn't beaten me in tournament in a while (I beat him at the tournament on the weekend)

oldmanDORF legit as hell but he didn't get much chance to prove himself at SmashPlay 4 (2 wins only vs new guys, but that being said, new guy Alex beat Cal)

Cal was beaten by Alex, but Cal beat me in a really close set, and went on to have a really close set with J-Birds, so I feel he could beat Kas.

Kas/Kaion are a conundrum, but I feel Kaion has the better matchup experience etc and more stable results, whilst Kas can just outplay people with mindgames (hence switching to Ike alongside Falco). The defining factor I think is the fact that Kas and I are 1-1 in sets won/lost over the SmashPlay series.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Kas can beat anyone on the list tbh
as can Hotdog
Did Matt win with Luigi at all?
Cal needs to be better against Snake lol
Rocko can beat most he just does things... and he doesnt even think

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ahh, sigh... I feel sad that I'm removed but I sorta don't wanna bother having to go to a tournament just to get myself back on there.

That, and the fact that I can't ever go because I'm always working on Saturdays which is the day tournaments are held on ROR.

Edit:

Everyone but Jaice. XD

And Cal can't beat me. But I s'pose that's just my word and there's no real proof behind it.

Edit 2:

Actually, I dunno if I could beat any of you now.
Haven't played in forever, like always, and you all seem to be improving quite a bit, where-as, if anything, I'm getting stale. Rororor.
Plus I'm losing all my patience that I ever had. XD RUN IN AND GRAB, DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE! YEAHHH!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I only think you (Kas) should come off the list because everyone has really REALLY improved lately.

They're much better than they were 3 tournaments ago.

As far as not being able to get to tournaments, that's Brisbane's fault :3

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I won 2 matches with Luigi and I also played Luigi against Sea in a tight match, and failed against J-birds MK which is to be expected. Not sure if I will keep Luigi as a main though, fox is where I want to be right now and my MM's against people showed I play him pretty well even in bad MU situations (beat Jaice, Zues, Vyse).

I really only have Luigi now for scrub matches, and when someone decides to be gay and play pikachu, sheik or IC's on me. Luigi is so fricken hard to do anything with, and I'm really suprised I have held onto 7th at every tournament this year with him. But I <3 Luigi to much to drop him completely. Once I nail the MU's with him a bit better, I might use him more.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Nah cal didn't get ripped up, he just mains bowser lol, bit easy to just nado / edgeguard. He still beat me a few times.

I still don't know brawl mechanics. I run up to people and try to dash cancel lol, and still try and l cancel, and crouch cancel smash with the c-stick. I'll actually learn how to play now though, had fun on sat.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
the PR is impossible, last weekends tournament proved that.

imo

1. nobody
2. Jaice, Jbirds
3. Toki
4. Sea (until I beat him next tournament again, but with proper characters)
5-10. Kas, Kaion, Hotdog, Rocko, AD3PT, Zeus, Vyse - will depend on 1) who turns up 2) who beats who

Remastered

Smash Lord
Kaion hasn't been to the last 3 tournaments, so that would suggest he moves off before Kas, but will see what happens.

If PR 2.75 was going to be done by the rules of the PR and previous discussions etc:

1. Jaice
2. Jbirds
3. Toki
4. Sea
5. Hotdog
6. Kas
7. Rocko
8. Ad3pt
9. Zues
10. Vyse

Although Kaion isn't on this because of the 3 tournament rule, I think he is easily in the top 8 in terms of skill level.

Cal I don't think is quite in the top 10, he has gotten better, but 1 7th isn't enough. I believe the only ranked player he beat was Vyse is that right?

10th is a really hard spot to judge, but seeing as vyse was 8 on the list I think he just holds it for now.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
4. Sea (until I beat him next tournament again, but with proper characters)
lol, sif you'd play snake against me and ranga in tournament. I will never consider using diddy if i ever come across either of you guys in bracket. Tournament ganondorf dittos are too amazing to pass up. I was really hoping you'd beaten matt so winner's finals could've been a ganondorf ditto set. I would've been so pleased.

If i ever see you hovering over snake in a tournament match against a fellow ganondorf, it'll be straight port-outs to walkouts.

But if you ever want to prove anything, i'll accept serious money matches where we use snake and diddy. Instead of money, it will be cartons of beer though, just like the old days at pine's house in toowong.

approx nearly 2 years ago...

rangaDORF: 'I bet neither you or oldman can beat me at brawl. I will buy you guys a carton each if one of you beats me. If I win, you guys have to buy me a carton. Deal!'

*Chooses link* (we thought link, ganondorf and ike were the best characters a couple years ago)

Me and oldman used toon link and got annihilated. We told ranga we had a secret character cos we read somewhere that toon link beats link. **** yeh we're pretty awesome aye

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
That's acceptable. I'm always willing to uphold the tradition of ganon dittos in tournament matches, but if you think I'm 10th and you're 4th when we go pretty even then I guess I do have something to prove.

I've come 5th, 4th, 5th (tied with Sea) and 5th (tied with Jaice) the last four tournaments, have only lost to Jaice, Jbirds and Toki (the top 3) and am 1-0 against sea, 1-1 with rocko and 1-2 with Matt. Everyone else I've beaten or haven't played, but if everyone thinks I deserve 10th then I guess I'll have to do better next time.

EDIT: yeah we were pretty good when we joined the scene, all using zelda characters + ike cos LoZ is the best. NOBODY BEATS LINK! (or Ganondorf in our case)

Remastered

Smash Lord
When I say 10th is hard to judge, I don't mean you Oldman, I mean vyse and those outside the PR. Was just going with what everyone opinion is, and personally I need to do well at the next tournament to hold my place (or get on to begin with lol). I consider my ability about = with Rocko, just because our matches in each tourney we have played have been immensly tight and including our 3rd Match TO on monster %'s.

To me, the PR looks to be split into 2 groups. S tier (top 5), A tier (6-9) and 10 is anyones game. In those groups, those players are at around the exact same level in skill.

Yeh Vyse, why do Toki and I always play each other 2nd round. 3rd time in 4 tourneys now.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Well, those rankings are based on how people go against other power ranked players in general. I beat more ranked people than you.. that's the only reason i'm said to be higher.

Kinda similar to tier lists. For example, luigi (oldman) has a good match-up against diddy kong (sea) but that doesn't mean he should be a higher ranked character because of that reason as luigi would struggle against meta knight and other top tier characters etc whereas diddy kong has better match-ups against the top tiers.

Me and you are 50:50. No way am i saying i'm better than you. Apart from jaice, jbirds, toki and rocko (who i lose heaps to), i'd say ur one of the hardest people to play against because you know my playstyle too well.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
You beat J-birds twice, you didn't beat anyone else ranked higher than you. Don't worry, I wasn't saying you don't deserve 4th. I'm saying I think 10th is a little harsh for me, even though admittedly I could be ranked 10th depending on the next tournament, but at this point in time I think it's too early to draw that conclusion.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
More like 1-5 S tier, 6-10 D tier
should just have a top 5 aye, wouldnt have mattered
Get better scrubs, yall too bad

Oh doubles pr? no one can beat Scott and I

@bracket - bracket was real stupid at smashplay 4

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ya, bracket was derp, Scurb Fox and I will be dominating doubles now, kthanks.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Doubles teams was tough. Jaice and I had no answer. I still blame Kirby for the downfall. Straight doubles wins across tourneys, and then Kirby comes in and we lose. Broken character =P.

The original Bracket at SP4 had me and Jaice to play in first round before I got moved up to verse Toki again.

Jaice and I were discussing the possibility of a 5 person PR or none altogether because of how messy it is atm, but you need 10 for qld, especially if the new guys start coming more often.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
More like 1-5 S tier, 6-10 D tier
should just have a top 5 aye, wouldnt have mattered
Get better scrubs, yall too bad
You're such a douche J-birds.

How long have you been playing snake? 2 years? sea picked up diddy 6 weeks ago and you still resorted to MK and lost.. twice :laugh:

MK TD, 'nough said.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
me and oldman got this at santasmash
see what happens ay, maybe you should team with someone better now that you're best in QLD TD.

You're already sounding like J-birds 'CHRRRIIIIIIIS <3' etc

I love being a **** hey.

Seriously though, come back Chris.. and take #1 back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom