• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that only works if your standing at the edge and the olimar isnt camping you for some strange reason.

more like this

choose toon link

stand at the edge

hit the olimar player over the head with a shovel

wait for him to regain consiousness

get him to approach you

down smash the olimar at 0%

grab ledge as the olimar user passes out again from brain haemoraging (how the **** do you spell that)

fox is heaps good, but hard to use, so if you think he's bad its because you are in fact the bad one.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Fox does have a massive learning curve, but is fast becoming my fav character to use. I will be trying him out at next tournament.

He is only that high in Japan because of his MU on MK. He will never break passed B tier, but I think he has a good chance of getting up atleast that high. As long as there isn't a massive flood of sheik and Pikachu mains in the next few years.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
good point.

I disagree, except for the fact that pika, shiek and ic's are all pretty much unwinnable, fox is a high tier character.

he has decent matchups against alot of high tier too, being mk, snake, wario, lucario, rob, diddy maybe, oli maybe, dedede.

etc

MTGod

Smash Champion
Fox is too much fun, I forget about playing Brawl and just ****ing shine and laser everywhere.

Remastered

Smash Lord
60:40 Snake, 60:40 Oli, 60:40 Diddy in their favour. The rest I understand. 50:50 with Falco, and if he didn't have the CG it would be in Fox's favour. B tier because of Snake, Diddy, Oli, Marth and IC's, with the MU on Wario being massively stage dependant.

Pika isn't unwinnable as long as you run away for the first 40%, we kill at Pika 80% with Usmash depending on stage, but the priority difference still makes it very hard and a game of patience.

Fox is there in brawl Scrub Fox and Zues, just have to look outside S and A tier on the select screen :p

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Matchup numbers are stooooopid

Its true though i dont even see Fox on the character selection screen, too low tier for me aye.
PT is an exception of course, actually sort of want to play Fox now =/
meh i just want to triple laser

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Matchup numbers are stupid, aren't valid at all.

Oldman, MM your Ganondorf vs my Olimar at next smashplay?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I corrupted their souls with high tiers

Jaice knows whats up
Hey Jaice teach me what Olimars moves do so my MK can actually do something

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I dropped DORF when he made it into his own tier.. at the bottom
I've still used him to win matches the last 3 tourneys tho ;)
Why should I use Ganon against Jaice's Olimar when the 2nd best player can't beat it with MK, geez.

Remastered

Smash Lord
You may have to change your button config to do the SHTL. Will either wreck your hand trying to do it consistantly or you just won't be able to do it fast enough. Y stays as jump, X is grab and Z is special in my set-up. Thats only to do it, otherwise not even TKD uses the SHTL.

MU numbers are stupid until Jaice verses a Marth.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
whut, tkd uses shtl all the time and doesnt have a special setup at all.

also matchup numbers dont mean a whole lot, and fox does better then 60 40 against snake.

pika is ****ed because that matchup is hard even without the chaingrab and you cant really camp pika at all.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Really, all the vids I have seen of TKD he hasn't used it. If you do find one where he does consistently can you send me a link? Maybe I just need to get faster lol. It is better than 60:40 against Snake as long as the level is big (FD, Delfino etc). Need room to move.

Agreed with Pika. BS electric rat.

We can't really practice the Marth MU Tok because we are both crap with Marth, and all the high tiers for that matter lol. Although I do play MK which is why Jaice is pretty good against him. That's all he ever wants to practice against. Might just bite the 'not use high tiers bullet' and do what Jaice said and play MK next tournament. Atleast I'll have a chance at beating Jaice if I play him.

(Ask Jaice to verse you in a Snake ditto, I have never laughed so hard in my life)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'd find you a vid but I only go on smashboards when I'm at work, and I cant get youtube at work.
but yeah, tkd is most famous for his perfect intergration of shtl

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
D3 2g, matt learned how to chain grab properly so my snake got ****ed up.

So at the last tourney:

1st came tied for 5th (Jaice)
2nd came 2nd (Scrub Fox)
3rd came LAST (Toki lolrandom)
4th didn't show for the 3rd time in a row (Kaion)
5th didn't show for the 2nd time in a row (Kas)
6th came tied for 5th (Zeus)
7th came 1st (Sea 2g - all that practice I've been giving him ;))
8th came tied for 9th (Vyse)
9th came 4th (Hotdog)
10th came 7th (Rocko)
Unranked came 3rd (AD3PT)

So, guess the PR will be revised again soon, QLD so dumb.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Found out it was hard to go between playing Fox and D3 which is why I think you got me in the first match, my timing was off so bad. Once we got to the third I had it down again. I wanted to money match you with fox so it didn't just feel like I was countering your character.

QLD wtf???

Hotdog

Smash Lord
List will be revised after Lansmash, if Kas or Kaion don't show up they'll be removed.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
D3 2g, matt learned how to chain grab properly
what, press forward, then z, then down over and over again.
amazing.

just a tip if you didnt already know it, you should mash b whilst being grabbed, if he isnt timing the grabs properly you'll be able to drop a nade that will be set off by the downthrow. (and even if he is timing the grabs properly theres a chance he'll stuff up by the small amount needed to drop a nade, which happens in 1 frame)

Remastered

Smash Lord
You have to time perfect on Snake to do it fast enough without a nade coming out, and pummel once to shorten the dash distance so you don't muff the grab timing. I have always known how to do it, I was just struggling to do it consistantly at last tourney after picking D3 up for the first time.

Pummel on edge to grab release snake below the stage is handy, but his legs have to hang or he releases upward. Forces Snake to jump into Dsmash or cipher away to which D3 can chase. Better then forward throw. The D3 chain is different for every character, and forces different release situations too so it isn't as simple as forward Z and down throw (repeat).

Zues still camped me amazingly well though. Was a good match.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and thats why your bad at the game arrow.

also dthrow dtilt is the best possible option, use non crouched dtilt.
and you dont need to pummel between dthrows.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
true, but its not like you'll never get grabbed, and being able to drop a grenade is extremely useful and dedede cant use it against you at all, you cant di away from the chain grab either.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
but if he messes up the chaingrab u walk out of range which is better than tilting and getting shield grabbed. which i guess every other character does anyway.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if he messes up the grab, you'll be dropping a nade which means your safe from a chaingrab while your next to it.

but he wont mess up the grab, its so ****ing easy, what he can mess up though, is the exact timing, because if you dont time it exactly right you can still chaingrab snake but he can drop a nade which ends the chaingrab.

who said anything about tilts?
nades are your best option, even though 9 times out of 10 you wont even get to drop one, you might as well mash b incase you do.

Remastered

Smash Lord
DThrow to standing Dtilt (because its faster by a few frames than tilting from crouch), is only better if the chaingrab length doesn't let you hold Snake out over the edge. Pummel release = more damage, chance of cypher grab, chase off edge Bair, down smash trap, down tilt trap, and an even more gay option is jump out after the cypher grab and Bnuetral above the C4 and it acts like a roof which drops snake back down faster without a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom