• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Kratos isn't evil, he's just hell bent on vengeance. He's actually a pretty cool guy in the end, you know.. after he kills everyone. I shotgun Kratos even though I've been removed for inactivity.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Picture no workies Jaice.

What about Sentinel? The ultimate sodium collector.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
I know it is being stupid. If you click on it you will be able to see how beastly gnome really is.

The theme is Tales of _____ characters.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
The only one I played was Tales of Symphonia on the GC, played it twice, almost beat it twice, then just stopped playing it for no reason twice >_>

Also, I don't know what your definition of beasty is lol.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
ahhh I already chose the beastiest and evilest character in all Tales games for Sea :o

I must say hes very evil, all his attacks has the word evil in it :awesome: and strikes the same pose as Ganon.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I still don't understand how I was removed for inactivity and sea wasn't, but I'm glad I didn't get one of those queer looking characters next to my name.

Remastered

Smash Lord
We were going off information that you had quit, from a number of people including yourself at one stage sorry Oldman. Next PR will be done after the next couple of tournaments, everyone work hard to move up and keep positions, because as it stands Oldman still has his game on.

Good image Toki. I think you need to play the game to really appreciate how good it is.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Then shouldn't I have been put into the category of "Removed Due to Unwillingness to be Included" along with J-birds and Hotdog? lol nobody asked me if I wanted to be taken off, and I said I was quitting when sea said he was quitting.. and I've come to a tournament since then and he hasn't. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND *shakes hands like sea when he loses with diddy*

lol its k bro I'm not that concerned about the rankings, I was just making a point. Well if I do get put back up I don't know how I'll feel about being represented by one of those characters. I don't play the majority of square enix games just based on how appalling all the characters look. I know tales of vesperia isn't a square enix game, but I was just using them as an example.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Then shouldn't I have been put into the category of "Removed Due to Unwillingness to be Included" along with J-birds and Hotdog? lol nobody asked me if I wanted to be taken off, and I said I was quitting when sea said he was quitting.. and I've come to a tournament since then and he hasn't. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND *shakes hands like sea when he loses with diddy*

lol its k bro I'm not that concerned about the rankings, I was just making a point. Well if I do get put back up I don't know how I'll feel about being represented by one of those characters. I don't play the majority of square enix games just based on how appalling all the characters look. I know tales of vesperia isn't a square enix game, but I was just using them as an example.
I think the difference is that they were active enough to be on it, but specifically asked not to be on it.

There's some acceptable squeenix characters. Auron's last overdrive involves drinking alcohol then spraying his sword with it.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Also the list Matt sent me has Toki as Marth only(which he complained about cause I left it as Marth+Snake), the picture says otherwise >_>

GJ pr.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Tales is pretty good, as gay as the chars may look lol.

You've still got your game Oldman so you will be on the next one for sure. For the next PR I was thinking a movie villain theme. I'm sure you and Sea can find someone you would like next to your name for the ranks then (if Sea pulls his finger out and turns up). If you like oldman I can talk to the other panelists about having you added in or we can move you to the same area as Hotdog and Rocko? PM me if you want ;).

A few people since the last tourney have approached me and asked whether the PR will change upon the last set of results. This PR won't be altered as it measures the performance up until the date it was made. A new PR will be done hopefully after every 3 tournaments (Quarterly). This is to gain a consistency that measures everyone upon their latest 3 results which goes hand in hand with the quidelines for the Power Rankings.

I have taken on board some opinions from players, and if anyone else has anything they want to put forward, either approach one of the panelists at tournaments for a chat or post your thoughts on here.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Also too Oldman, your best result for that period was 9th, which was also your only result. Regardless of where you are put on this PR, your actual skill level, and whether you had quit at the time. Removed due to inactivity is really the best position for you.

We know you are better than 9th, and if you had turned up to more tourneys, I'm sure the results would have reflected that. I would say wait until the next PR, but let me know if you think differently, because it was my decision to put you where you are, and if i've made the mistake, I'm happy to change it :).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What I might do tonight is change ownership of the thread to you Matt. I've done it before and it'll make things easy to manage in future.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Tales is pretty good, as gay as the chars may look lol.

You've still got your game Oldman so you will be on the next one for sure. For the next PR I was thinking a movie villain theme. I'm sure you and Sea can find someone you would like next to your name for the ranks then (if Sea pulls his finger out and turns up). If you like oldman I can talk to the other panelists about having you added in or we can move you to the same area as Hotdog and Rocko? PM me if you want ;).

A few people since the last tourney have approached me and asked whether the PR will change upon the last set of results. This PR won't be altered as it measures the performance up until the date it was made. A new PR will be done hopefully after every 3 tournaments (Quarterly). This is to gain a consistency that measures everyone upon their latest 3 results which goes hand in hand with the quidelines for the Power Rankings.

I have taken on board some opinions from players, and if anyone else has anything they want to put forward, either approach one of the panelists at tournaments for a chat or post your thoughts on here.
Lol... pull my finger out and turn up? I ****ing love smash bros. but the last 3 tournaments this year have just been bad timing for me. I really do want to attend but yeh, retrosmash was on same night as carlton game and my mate (who invited me to go) was spending his last few days in brisbane before he heads back home to townsville... he was only here for a few weeks cos of physiotherapy placements so i wanted to chill with him before he left as i wont see him for the rest of this year..

Anyway, i should be at the next one provided no-one schedules a tournament around exam block.

EDIT: Just looked at new PR. WTF!?!?!? That's horrendous. That dude next to my name rivals pine for intimidation (which is ****-all). Queerest looking power ranking ever. No offense to you personally toki... Each to their own i guess.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Beers and Smash at mine over easter Sea? You and Oldman v me and Jaice low tier MM $50

Cal is putting his hand up to make the next PR image I think. We asked you who you wanted to be Cal and you said anyone lol.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure me and oldman would lose a $50 mm if we teamed against jaice's zelda with 2 ganondorfs. Me and oldman only know the ganondorf ditto match-up.

swh over easter. I'm heading down to cabba for the weekend to see my old boy so i'll keep in touch and let you know what i get up to.

EDIT: Btw, if we do movie villains, i'm already going ahead and shotgunning for oldman to be wesker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom