• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So Easter LanSmash 2013 is coming up.

Date: 6th and 7th of April, 2013.
Saturday Time: 9am to 10pm
Sunday Time: 9am to 6pm
Venue: QSAC Stadium, QLD Australia
Cost $20 for Saturday - $5 for Sunday (This is what it was last time. Please check www.lansmash.com closer to the date for more up to date information)

Tournaments are:

Saturday:

10:30AM - Brawl Doubles/Melee Doubles - Free
03:00PM - Brawl Singles/Melee Singles - $5 Per Person, Per Event

Sunday:

Nothing as of yet, probably fun free play.

Here's the rulesets from (what was going to be) RLG recently for now. Will put up more details soon:

Super Smash Bros Melee Ruleset:

• Items frequency is set to NONE
• The stock is set to 4
• The time limit is set to 8 minutes
• Finals of both winners and losers bracket (including grand) are best of 5, all other sets are best of 3.
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by rock-paper-scissors
• No player may counterpick the stage they last won on unless agreed upon by both players
• Timeout matches will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie as well, the match will be re-played.
• Master Hand is banned
• Glitches and tactics used to indefinitely forfeit the opponent's control or to indefinitely stall a match are banned. E.g. IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc. | wall-bombing, rising pound, etc. Disputes on indefinite stalling will be settled by the TO (Dif)
• Any banned stage may be played as a counterpick as long as all participants agree
• Set pause to OFF
• Set team attack to ON
• Unless otherwise stated on the day, double elimination brackets are used

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Players choose their characters for the first match (double blind selection may be called)
2. The first stage is chosen by stage striking starting with the player from the smallest numbered controller port (i.e. 1 ->2 ->3->4); first player strikes one stage, second player strikes two stages, first player strikes the last stage
3. The winner of the previous match chooses a stage to ban for the rest of the set if the previous match was their first win of the set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the stage for the next match from the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List (see general rules section for exceptions)
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 3-7 for all proceeding matches

Singles Random Stage List
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Singles Counter Stage List
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
PokeFloats

Teams Random Stage List
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Teams Counter Stage List
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
PokeFloats

Project M ruleset:

Catherine Ruleset:

General Rules

• Finals of both winners and losers bracket (including grand) are best of 5, all other sets are best of 3.

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by rock paper scissors

• No player may counterpick the stage they last won on unless agreed upon by both players

• Any banned stage may be played as a counterpick as long as all participants agree

• Pausing mid-match without good reason results in a forfeit

Set Format (in order of procedure)

1. The first match is played on Underground Cemetary

2. The loser of the previous match chooses the stage for the next match

3. repeat step 2 for all proceeding matches

Legal Stages

Underground Cemetary (normal blocks - simple)

Quadrangle (ice blocks)

Cathedral (normal blocks - complex)

Torture Chamber (spike trap blocks)

Clock Tower (bomb blocks)

Spiral Corridor (black hole blocks)

Banned Stages

Prison of Despair

Inquisition

Empireo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Ruleset:

General Gameplay Rules
1. 3 Stocks​
2. 8 Minute Time Limit​
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"​
4. All infinites are legal.​
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.​
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Metaknight, and 50 for all other characters. (If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored).​
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.​
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.​
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:​
o In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).​
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time via suicide move then the initiator is declared the winner.​
o If the match ends with both players at equal percent or if both players die simaltaniously by means other than suicide moves, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is introduced for all characters.​

Modified Rules for Doubles:
1. Team Attack is set to "On"​
2. Life stealing is allowed.​
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.​
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can’t determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, than whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.​

Set Procedure:
1. Player Priority is determined if it can’t be agreed on. (See below for details)​
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.​
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.​
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).​
5. The first match is played.​
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).​
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.​
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.​
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.​
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.​
11. The next match is played.​
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.​

Determining Player Priority:
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:​
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.​
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List:

Starters:
o Battlefield​
o Lylat Cruise​
o Pokemon Stadium 1​
o Smashville​
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)​

Counterpicks:
o Battleship Halberd​
o Brinstar​
o Castle Siege​
o Delfino Plaza​
o Final Destination​
o Frigate Orpheon​

Conduct Rules:
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.​
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.​
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.​
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.​
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.​
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.​
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.​
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.​
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.​
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:​
o Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.​
o The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.​
o Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion. [/LEFT]​

Previous thread contents:
Hi, so this is going to be the new LanSmash thread from now on. Just past was ButtonSmash and now we have SpringSmash 2012 this weekend.

Please check here for the details, I'll put up some more soon:
https://www.facebook.com/events/349014765193469/

ButtonSmash!

Melee | Brawl | Tekken TT2U | SSF4: AE 2012 | UMvC3 | KoF 13 | VF5 | DoA 5 | P4: A

What:
A two day Fighting Game tournament at 'The Edge', a short walk from South Bank and the Brisbane CBD. Tournaments for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Melee will be run over the two days, along with a whole host of games.

When:
16th September: Brawl
17th September: Melee

Where:
The Edge at the Queensland State Library, South Brisbane. A short walk across the bridge to the Brisbane CBD.

Cost:
Venue Cost Saturday: $20
Venue Cost Sunday: $15
(Expensive yes, but then, it's also a venue across the river from the CBD. I also don't have a means of negotiating this amount).

Brawl/Melee Tournament Entry Fee: $5 per person, per singles event.

Events:
Singles first each day, then, doubles afterwards.

Prizes:
Brawl: 60/30/10 split
Melee: 50/30/20 + $50 1st place bonus.

Ozhadou Post:
http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=7649.0

Presenting Queenslands 2012 Fighting Major: ButtonSmash, hosted by The Edge.

Brisbane adds its own major fighting game event to the Australian calendar! Brisbane and Queensland based players have always fought with pride at Ozhadou Nationals, Shadowloo Showdown, and CouchWarriors' Battle Arena Melbourne.

Now, the Australian nation of fighters must converge on Brisbane to prove their skills!

When:

15 September and 16 September, 2012.

Saturday: 12-8pm
Sunday: 12-6pm

Where:

The Edge: http://edgeqld.org.au/

Parking and Public Transport:

Parking at venue is $15 for the day. There are trains, buses and a city cat terminal within walking distance of the venue.

5min walk from center of cbd, 2min walk to $2 steaks on Sunday!

Visit the translink website for timetable details: http://translink.com.au/

South Bank 1 citycat stop
South Brisbane station for trains

What to Bring:

This is a bring your on controller encouraged event, there will be some controllers available but more casual setups will be available depending on the number of sticks brought to the event.

Cost:

Sat - $20
Sun - $15

Games: <Tournament entry costs TBD>

Some games listed below will double as a qualifier tournament for the EB games expo, more info coming soon

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited:

The first Australian major tournament for the newly released TT2! The game will be released 10th september 2012. Come try out the game in casuals and take out the best in the tournament!

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012: EB qual

Our last Street Fighter 4 tournament was a largest one yet! Face off against the best that QLD has to offer!

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: EB qual

A relatively small group of brisbane marvel players placed extremely well at shadowloo showdown 2012. Taking out internationals and gaining their respect along the way, come play some of the best marvel players in Australia!

King of Fighters 13:

The game thats growing nation wide, this great game is as exciting to watch as it is to play!

Side Event Games: VF5 EB qual

Dead or Alive 5
Virtua Fighter 5
Persona Arena 4

These games will have setups provided throughout the weekend, if entrants are large enough then tournaments will be held for that respective game, come and try some newly released fighting games!

Any questions, feel free to post below or PM one of the organisers.

More details may be added closer to the event

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nope :(

There's no real active scene for SC5 here. The others you see are a combo of what is new/popular/going to be at EB Expo.

Also no SFxT

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sponsor me so you can watch high level competitive matches for once

MTGod

Smash Champion
People coming to this should -totally- hang around for a few more days to catch up with the big dawg
<---

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey everyone.

So, you may or may not remember earlier this year I pledged to donate cash to Melee tournaments. Well, put bluntly I haven't made good on it so far and fact is, is that I don't exactly have the kind of money to be doing that atm.

However, I don't like going back on my word on anything, so, I'm going to be adding $50 to the 1st place finisher for Melee on Sunday to drum up more interest in people attending the Melee tournament. It's not as much as I said I would pledge, but, I would rather add a more significant amount to the pot of a tournament with more interstate attendance.

I also have a secret surprise gift worth about $35 which I will be adding to the prize pool as well. For which game? I'm not sure yet. Stay tuned :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I am also pledging $100 towards Melee Pot. I will give the money to Dif or Vyse on the day, as I will be attending. The $100 can be divi'd out however Melee organisers see fit (assuming Dif) as long as it all goes to Melee.

I will attempt to get Jaice and Tiahn to attend. Chances are, both will be free and will come. If Jesmo, Zydro or Apollo need the usual place to crash for the event you are more than welcome at our place.

Vyse can you put any relevant information from this on the facebook page. I'm not part of the page anymore, and rarely go on facebook.

Anyone who plays Yugioh better bring their cards too :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
what time is singles/doubles on each day
Singles starts at 12PM on both days. Doubles will happen after on both days. No breaks.

The doors don't open til 12PM on both days.

EDIT:

So Matt has pledged $100 towards the Melee pot as well. Will probably split the total money up 80/40/30 or something.

I also have a secret $35ish gift for Brawl 1st place.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
lez seeeeee
1. MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - 90
2. Ryan - 40
3. j-birds - 20
4. Rob
5-8. antho, lachlan, some random guys who anthony grabbed from sf tourney lolololol

only did singles, was kewl seeing everyone tho

Remastered

Smash Lord
Not terrible, just make silly mistakes. Some would call them meals.

Let me know if you want me to pick you up those cards too Cal. Ness has 2 decks put aside for you, ready for me to pick up if need be.

GG's all on Saturday, very keen to play everyone again, and was good seeing everyone again.

Bowser OP happymeal punch!

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will be TO for Brawl on Sunday, filling in for Vyse.

Need to know how many TV's are being taken to the venue by people for Sunday?

Also how many Wii's and Brawls will be there?

If all goes to plan, we will have a low tier tournament on the day too. Anyone who wants to play yugioh, please bring your cards aswell. Very keen to play against anyone who has a deck.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Err, so why exactly is the date Sunday? That's a bit of a random change, seeing as they're usually Saturday.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I made the call to make all smash Sunday for 3 reasons.

1. The price - You can turn up Saturday and pay $20 or Sunday and pay $5. Pretty obvious decision here.

2. Melee is usually on Sunday anyway - BAM is being held over this weekend, and we will have less people attending A. Because some people are heading to BAM, and B. The scene from what I gather is considerably smaller from when I last played.

3. I'm at a conference on Saturday - GG no TO Saturday because Toki cbf and gave me the job lol.

Depending on numbers, I probably won't have an entry fee to the tournament itself, but after winning buttonsmash, I am pretty keen to get back into brawl and start beating you noobs again, in the build up to smash 4.

I don't plan to TO or do anything in regards to running the scene, just want to focus on the game this time around.

Bacon, I will MM you Bo3 for a double or nothing drink deal.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
That's great, Matt. Looking forward to playing you again when you are even remotely interested and also questioning you all day about LoL.

Also, I'm bringing my footy again since I have all Saturday with no real plans. If anyone is up for that (Kaion is auto excused since he hated it so much) then I wouldn't mind going for a kick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom