• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if it were just one pr person per crew then we'd need 40 people.....................................................................

i think 2 or 3 pr people per crew would make things pretty balanced and still competitive.

seriously though.

me ben josh bryce

gc crew rob suggested

kas zac and anyone not PRed.

those three would be pretty balanced against each other imo.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
lol didnt at one of the redcliffes we had kas and zac teamed and ran through like every single person about 3 or 4 times before they lost all there stock?

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ben Bryce (edit)Dif Josh, vs Kas Zac Arrow and Bob vs Rob Ryan Chris and Nick. We all know who would win that battle.

That's right, team GC would. *****ez.
You can keep thinking that if it help's you sleep at night Rob :D
But we all know it isn't true

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Sigh, ya thats why you team by region etc and crews cover both games you don't have a crew specifically for one game thats silly.
Me, Ben, Kas and Arrow all live in a straight line on the map and they are the 3 most common visitors to my place.
AND its not UTTERLY broken.

Rob, Ryan and I dunno who else "the cool kids"
The rest are pretty obvious....

Insert one liners for 2 days....:ohwell:

Sloth

Smash Ace
So your suggesting DJ that the crews should span both Brawl/Melee games without alteration.
I do like the idea.. I don't like the idea of me playing brawl tho :D I am terrible - mind you I don't play it which is why.

You could either base crews on regions or common people you play against. That way it would have a bit more meaning. That way you have the premise that you should train with your crew and help the other players get better.

Anyways - it would be nice to see this go ahead at the next tournament. Putting players aside, should any alternative ruleset be made? As in terms of having counter-picks? Setting your characters pre-match and can't change them and also 4 or 5 stock. (for melee)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
set characters, set stock.
get better already.
brawl people get better at melee
melee people get better at brawl... or not. brawl people get better at brawl so they can carry.

but i was under the impression that melee and brawl had different crews. i guess it works for both games but i am tossing the idea of a reserve playa out there. incase one on the team doesn't want to play brawl or melee or not avaible etc.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Uh, I don't approve of crews being forced to play the other game.
Why can't they reform a new crew for Melee instead?

No point in forcing people to play a game they don't want to play. lol.

Sloth

Smash Ace
A reserve is good.
Maybe you could even play the reserve if you like. For example; a crew is 4v4, but you have 5 players. So before fighting the other crew you pick what characters you use and the 4 crew members?

That way the reserve doesn't always just stay as a reverse but rather an intergral part of your crew who can play.
Thoughts?

Sloth

Smash Ace
So to lay some rules down:
5 Players per crew.
4 Players verse in a round.

Set Characters - you pick your characters before versing the opposing crew and cannot change this.
Neutral stages only (Or allow counter-pick stages??) - 4 stock each = 16 Stock total for the crew.
Blind Picks, your opposing crew / vis-versa don't know what characters you have chosen to play as.

One crew per game. So your brawl crew can be different to the melee crew.

Sound good? Disscussions?
Last is just creating crews. Maybe we could have a list of the crews on the front page?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
But then the worst player in the crew wont ever get to play...? It would always be the 4 best unless everyone in your crew was almost perfectly evenly matched.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if you're playing against a crew who you're comfortable against then the worse person will still get to play. or if they counter somebody, or if somebody in your crew isn't there.

i also think that counterpick stages could be interesting. when somebody comes in they could counterpick stage, but if they choose to then the person who's already in could change character. just something to think about.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
We would have just grab comboed you forever... you couldnt of won, then we would have wombo combo'd you then did a UGS team combo and it would be game.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
it's brawl, there will be people watching the more exciting melee. also there will be all the melee people there just for melee and they're not going anywhere, they'd be sticking around the crews tv. i dunno. just an idea, cause i need more melee.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
7 people didn't show who would enter cause they were busy or couldn't get there. Michael, arrow and billy didn't enter but where still there. We can easily get 25 to a tourney, and if the some of you brawl***s showed some support.. even I showed up to that robina thing >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom