• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well if you look at other regional discussion boards, many crews have their own threads. So if you want to start a crew, make a thread and start recruiting.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
meh, if the toowoomba thread wont get any replies, neither will a toowoomba crew thread :(

JAtz

Smash Rookie
What does a crew actually do?

And what do you mean by i wonder if we have time for crews?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A smash crew is basically a team. Teams generally train together and try to dominate tournaments by placing highly. It's basically just to promote competitiveness amongst smashers, and to give smashers more than just themselves to represent.

When I say "I wonder if we'll have time for crews" refers to if we'd have time a to host a crew battle.

A crew battle works like this:

Team A vs. Team B (10 people per team for example)
Each team gets 30 stock, devided evenly amongst the ten players.

1st match is played out by a member of each team.
Let's say John from Team A beats Fred from Team B with 2 stock left.

In the next match, John will face the next member of Team B, but will only start with the stock he had remaining (2 stock), whilst the next member of Team B will have his full 3 stock.

This continues until one team has run out of stock.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Well if you look at other regional discussion boards, many crews have their own threads. So if you want to start a crew, make a thread and start recruiting.
Maybe I'll make something on my website for it once it is released.

Won't happen until I get net at home either way.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You could definitely recruit people to go up against Ward.

If you want to make a Crew thread, PM Mic_128 first, just to get his a-ok. Although, you probably don't need to make one.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah. Although it's better to be crew'd by where you live. I.E - Brisbane Crew, Gold Coast Crew, Sunshine Coast Crew... and I guess like "Other name" QLD Crew if there aren't enough in one area (e.g - Toowoomba? Cairns?).
But of course you'd come up with a crew NAME, like Boys Hostel. :D

This is strangely creeping up...
Anthony I thought you were gonna organise another 'tournament' was it? Or would it be more like just a meet. Or mini-tourny (sort of like a bi-monthly).

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Question: If we are playing double elimination, (and i am making the assumption that we are still well over 50 ppl), then how will ranking work?

Won't there be a butt-load of ties if you are out once you have lost twice? i could be missing something here but yeah.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Greenie: There will be a butt load of ties. But at the butt end as it were, it's okay because the skill level of players at the bottom of the scale will fluctuate a lot.

@Sirias: I'm not sure what you mean. I am still going ahead with the animania tournament the weekend after this one though.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
hmmm yeah. makes me wonder just about good players who got a rough deal in the rounds... say they get 2 contenders for the winner and get knocked straight away, but in reality, they have enuff skill for say 3rd place had they had a chance....

Sirias

Smash Champion
So that's the other tournament? Boo. Nofanks.

Doubles, lol.
If Zac doesn't come I'll be free to play doubles by myself, yeah?
We could see how that goes.
OR OR OR level 9... hm... Ike. Or Marth. Yah.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
u, vyse, are now sexy.

Request @ vyse:

It's getting close enough now that it is a reality and I need some info.
Well only one thing really. What directions should I take to get there.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Um, White Pages?

Get on the highway and just follow the signage.
What I'll do is, I'll get the exit number for you as well (I'll get it tommorow lol).

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Aight 1 more confirmed for coming, he's only coming to play Melee though, put him down as Woodley and take off the other Hotdog's Friend thing, cause I think that's bout it. Thanks =)

Yokai

Smash Ace
Wow, sykes desire to win is less than 0.

<0.

.... anywho, cant wait for this. Anyone who needs train help 0423471623, ill be able to help.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Pretty sure "non-existent desire to win" is zero.

Desire to aid you in your win is a less than 0.

Toai's so random LOL

Top Bottom