• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL Shaya obviously inflation has caught with us since your childhood years

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
heeey dreamworld guuuuys

give me 5$ and ill give u a 50% off pass 2 dreamworld for 4 people ^_^
ive got three cards btw soo 15$ is for 50% for 12 people ^_^ if anyone is interested ill sell them at QBB >.>

eh might just give one away to a player i like on the day (not the best but u know gimpyfish material =P)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Zac, are you going to Michael's on Saturday? Or something. No wait you have Matt's 21st to go to. Hmm...

I just don't want to come to this anymore, I dunno.
I'm in an emo phase. d:
But no, really, I'm over Smash.
Or at least, competitively. I only like playing it when it's friendlies, only ever.
I don't play it seriously, FORK!

I might come.
XD
Depends on if Ben drives me. d:

Sieg

Smash Champion
Zac, are you going to Michael's on Saturday? Or something. No wait you have Matt's 21st to go to. Hmm...

I just don't want to come to this anymore, I dunno.
I'm in an emo phase. d:
But no, really, I'm over Smash.
Or at least, competitively. I only like playing it when it's friendlies, only ever.
I don't play it seriously, FORK!

I might come.
XD
Depends on if Ben drives me. d:
FEED MY ENORMOUS EGO.

No seriously, your coming.

Cause I said so.

Yes.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
you're not supposed to tell him you want him to come, you're supposed to ingore him which would guarantee his coming

its the thing girls do

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm a newcomer (obviously). I'll try to be there, sorry for the short notice if it complicates things. I'm totally going to get eliminated within the first couplea rounds, though.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Guys!
I'm at Chris' and we wanna play some smash yo!
Someone host something or somewhere or somehow.
We can't just vs each other all week. Pleasie-poos?
Besides, I have some Yoshi dittos I need to play =)

Gords

Smash Champion
Sorry vyse i mssed your post.

I spoke to DJ Cat tv other day and I just sent him a message with tv train details but just so you know or maybe you know of a faster way I will post it here now

Flight arrives Brisbane airport 7:55am on Saturday.
A train leaving the airport domestic terminal at 7:59am, but will most likely miss this train.
Train after that leaves airport domestic terminal 8:29am and arrives helensvale train station 9:58am.
That's what I most likely will be catching.

This weekend is going to be awsome. But I'm going to be buggered. With early morning and late nights I have to get up like 4am. Do I here sleep on the train, definately someone please give me a call at 9:45am so I dont miss the stop.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, stfu Nick, plox?

Yeah, Dave's got it down.
If you ignore me I'll be like: "WHAT? SIF IGNORE ME YOU ****!" And then SHOW you that I can get in your fat a$s faces.
But yeah.
I might come but I don't think I'll play.
Only friendlies. =]

Sigh.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Hi again, I've got a few questions:

1. Is there any chance I could catch a lift back to Brisbane after the tournament finishes? It looks like the public transport stops at like 8 pm, and I'd rather not have to leave early. Or am I just missing something?

2. What're the stage rules for the Melee matches?

3. I'm in need of a partner for teams. I play Zamus and Peach, for anyone who might be interested, and don't really care what character I'd be teamed with. I guess, under ideal circumstances, G&W is a good pairing for Zamus, or with her stuns anyone with really hard-hitting moves (Zamus's downsmash->Falcon Punch presumably works, dunno if it'd be effective in tournament but it's too fun to ignore :) ), but again I don't really care too much. I suppose it's pretty late to be bringing this up, and I could try to find someone on the day.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
You should team with kas HE CAN CARRY YOU TO THE FINALS!

ummm melee stage rules

final destination bout it nah just kidding

Anthony can fill you in on those rules

Ask ben "Scrubs" gimp knee he may be able to give you a ride into the city or if you live near him possibly to your house lol

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Come totally pick me and kulla up from the airport tomorrow and totally drive us to DJ cat's place at 5am afterwards.
Bob will be at work then, but I'll be up.

I don't use Bob's Wii without his permission so can someone bring one for us to play?

Jei, meet up with, Azure_Rune (Doug), DJ Cat (Bob/ Peter) and myself for some dittos (I'm not sure if KK still plays Yoshi in Brawl).

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Hi again, I've got a few questions:

1. Is there any chance I could catch a lift back to Brisbane after the tournament finishes? It looks like the public transport stops at like 8 pm, and I'd rather not have to leave early. Or am I just missing something?

2. What're the stage rules for the Melee matches?

3. I'm in need of a partner for teams. I play Zamus and Peach, for anyone who might be interested, and don't really care what character I'd be teamed with. I guess, under ideal circumstances, G&W is a good pairing for Zamus, or with her stuns anyone with really hard-hitting moves (Zamus's downsmash->Falcon Punch presumably works, dunno if it'd be effective in tournament but it's too fun to ignore :) ), but again I don't really care too much. I suppose it's pretty late to be bringing this up, and I could try to find someone on the day.
just enter doubles with lvl 9 CPU Mario. **** it rocks it so hard

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@GORDS: Basically get to Helensvale station, and we'll dispatch somebody to pick you up (Although walking doesn't take that long).

Get my phone number from the thread title, and I can talk you through it as best I can.

Also, add my MSN

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@undead_moose:

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try to find someone on the day. EDIT: Unless Kas decides to play in the tournament and is interested?

@l3oOkeR:

Brilliant! I wouldn't even have to do anything, the level 9 would totally carry the team with its wicked sick mindgames!

...actually, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to tournaments and the like, so out of curiosity: would something like that be allowed if for some reason someone really wanted to?

Sieg

Smash Champion
I did it in Melee with a level 9 Ganon.

We almost won a match too.

Good times, I'll never forget him.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Paff called me Kas! OMGOMGOMGOM! <3333
I don't think I'll be entering, though.
Alternatively I 'could' always sneak in and team with someone, ho ho ho...
d:

Lol, I remember that, fkin Ganon is too hardcore. :c Almost beat me, ffs.

Yokai

Smash Ace
LVL 9 WEEGEE is the way to go IMO.

Cant wait guys, sorry I havnt been on much but Ive been ****loads busy with moving house and UNI.

I need to find a way to get my tv from my house, to gc then back again.

Or I cant bring it, **** taking it on the train.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Sieg: Very nice.

@Kas: Yeah, I went and read part of the topic from the beginning, somewhere you'd posted something about everyone including newcomers should call you Kas. Why'd you choose Sirias as your screen name if you prefer Kas?

@Yokai: I think you're right about Weegee. Also, I could presumably help you with your TV on the train if it's a manpower issue. Unless your TV is really huge.

Oh, also another n00b question: How will custom control schemes be handled?

And as far as transport back, it turns out that there's actually trains running back to Brisbane after midnight and somehow my search earlier didn't want to find them or something, so I'm no longer in need of a lift back.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Im going to main WEEGEE I think.

And its not so much that as I just dont want to be lugging it on a train and a bus, ****ing lame.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Paff: If you have a custom control scheme you wish to use, you may use it. Setting up a custom control scheme shouldn't take more than a minute, so yeah, go for it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Gord. THAT IS SO OLD.
SIRIAS.
SERIOUS.
STFU!
D:<<<

I chose Sirias because it's been my alias since I was 8. XD
I like Kas because... Well people call me Kas, and Sirias sounds stupid.
"Hey Sirias."
"Shaddafugup."
":C"
It'd go something like that.

Funny how you read that, though... o:
<33 Wubz.

Oh, and Kas is my name. :D

Top Bottom