• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Gords

Smash Champion
I'm definately up for a sizzler meet. That is of it is on while I'm up in Brisbane.

Only 9 days to go. I'm so pumped up for this trip. Can't wait for it, to meet you all and go to dreamland. Yay

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey guys who are staying with me!
I believe it is:
Gords, Shaya and Kulla???

What time are you guys arriving at the airport?
Let me know if you want to be picked up and I'll see what I can do, and any questions at all call me 0448 993 598 any time of day/night, it doesn't matter.

Ben!:
Are you driving up for this?
Will you have space in your car?
Cause I have the TV's (3/4 of them!) but not too much space in my car.
It just depends how much people can hold a TV up to the Coast, considering getting people to catch the train with James, as he lives relativly close to me.
We'll see.

And yes, we can bring 2 Melee's + data, Dungy's big stereo (if it'll fit) + what I already mentioned.

Exciting times, can't wait for the mass amount of Brawl, bringing out my Melee Yoshi, Sizzler, Dreamworld, its going to be hot!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay, now that the Animania business is over and done with, I can go into organising overdrive.

Also, I met a volunteer at animania today who told me he has a bunch of friends who like to play Brawl from uni, and that he's going to give out information about it for me.

I was really happy : )

EDIT:
Also
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194880

If you're interested :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey DJ Cat, Kulla and I are arriving at Gold Coast airport on Wednesday the 24th 22:25 (10:25 pm).

Besides the normals, is there anything we should bring ourselves? like pillows and stuff?

Yokai

Smash Ace
My brawl game has just gone and died.

sigh, I wish I was good as you all lol, ill keep practicing.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
yeah but its not funny unless its repeated over and over again with random things thrown in the middle.....(Waiting on Kas for randomness)

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
It's not going to be likely that I'll be able to pay for entry.
I'll pay someone back if it's KK with them. <_<

Also will I have to pay the $5 house fee if I just show for friendlies?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hehe, okay time to get serious guys.

We are but 5 days away from the tournament, and there are a lot of things I need you guys to do to help me with this to make it a success.

Firstly, there's our out of state amigos. The only group I'm concerned about are the NSW peeps.
Shaya and Kulla are going to be here in a few days and they need to get in contact with DJ about it.

There's also GORDS who will be arriving here in the morning. I need to talk to you about that again, so I can help co-ordinate you to here.

0448993598 is DJ Cat's phone number, if you guys can post your details I'll pass them on to him as well.

Here's the proposed schedule for the day:

7:00am: Doors Open, come in real early to help set up!!!
9:30am - 10:30am: Event Registration Period
10:30am - 1:00pm: Brawl Doubles
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Barbeque Lunch
2:00pm - 5:00pm: Brawl Singles
5:00pm - 8:00pm: Melee Doubles
8:00pm - 10:30pm: Melee Singles
10:30pm Onwards: Crew Battle/Packup and Leave

I've changed it a little here, and those have been amended to the OP, namely the earlier start time for registration.

To answer your question Ghost, for now it's yes, I'll need the $5 fee just to get you in the door, I'm really sorry about that, but it's just to be fair to everyone. The hall IS going to cost $500 to hire =_=

However, I'm thinking that rather than have a Door fee, I could possibly have a registration fee of $5
I'm undecided. Having it as a registration fee is easier, but it defeats the purpose of the door fee, that is to ward off people who just feel like walking in to steal stuff. Then again, once the events are under way, I don't think there would be anything to stop someone from just walking in anyway.

Tell me what you think. A registration fee could work better than a 'I stop you at the door and make you pay' fee.

In regards to fees, I'll restate them here:

Singles Events: $10 per person
Doubles: $5 per person

If you enter all 4 events, I'll waive the Door/Entry Fee.
If you provide a TV, you get a free lunch.

- Lunch -
As there is a kitchen attached to the hall, we are going to be serving reasonably cheap food from the Kitchen.

- Equipment -
Along with TV's and Wii's, we also need extension leads and power boards. Make sure you bring all the power leads and power boards that you can.

Also, I highly highly reccomend you take the time to mark your equipment, even your component cables and what not.

My suggestion is that you take a thin strip of paper for each item (Thinner than the width of cello tape), write you name on it, and sticky tape it to all you equipment. Either way, I'll be bringing tape and a permanent marker for people to use anyway.

All equipment will be put into 'stations' and numbered as such. When I call out bracket matches, I'll also be assigning you to a specific station, so make sure that you're going to the correct one.

---

Hmm, I think there are still other issues I need to sort out.
On wednesday, I'll be paying the $500 plus $250 bond, and receiving the key for the place.

Also, I've decided that for the singles tournaments I'm going to seed players by location, so that people can avoid playing people they regularly play against (certain entrants have raised concerns about having to play against their friends early on).

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
DJ Cats I sent you a message...dont know if you got it, but call me on my phone on 0403664879.

If you cant... my flight details are as followed:

Arriving Gold Coast: Wednesday 22:25, Flight JQ426 with Jetstar.

Like I said before, if its not possible to host me from Wednesday to Sunday, and only for the weekend or something, I'm more then willing to bum around the Gold Coast in Hostels and such...but yeah get in touch with me and let me know

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
DJ Cats I sent you a message...dont know if you got it, but call me on my phone on 0403664879.

If you cant... my flight details are as followed:

Arriving Gold Coast: Wednesday 22:25, Flight JQ426 with Jetstar.

Like I said before, if its not possible to host me from Wednesday to Sunday, and only for the weekend or something, I'm more then willing to bum around the Gold Coast in Hostels and such...but yeah get in touch with me and let me know
Bob will likely be working at that time, other than that you staying during the week will be fine.

Chris, could you let Kulla stay one night at your place then we can arrange transport for him to come to Logan?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Bob will likely be working at that time, other than that you staying during the week will be fine.

Chris, could you let Kulla stay one night at your place then we can arrange transport for him to come to Logan?
THe thing is that Kulla and Shaya are both coming together. I suppose they might have to stay in the GC for the night, and then possibly train up to Brisbane(or get someone to come down to pick them up) the next day.

But yeah, I'll have to figure out if I can fit that many people without pissing off the people living with me - I'll try to find out as soon as I can =/

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i suppose by seeding u dont mean spitting watermelon seeds on people from other states @_@

i thought it was gonna be random cause i have no idea how these seeds go XP but yeah i rather not play chris at the start =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ah, no. Well it depends.
Ze lunch ladies I have in my employ will be cooking from the kitchen.
: X

I guess if somebody were to bring a BBQ for QBB, we could possibly still do one.
Ah...ah...give me a day to sort it out.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Anyway, before we leave things too late, -
If you guys (Shaya/Kulla) are still up in the air about wed night, contact me on msn so can discuss what u guys are gonna do. We don't want to have u guys sleeping on the streets or anything >.<
cwoo8888@hotmail.com

Oh lol, on the same day you guys are coming up, I'm going down to NSW in the morning for a bit due to an age care placement hahaha

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Ah, no. Well it depends.
Ze lunch ladies I have in my employ will be cooking from the kitchen.
: X

I guess if somebody were to bring a BBQ for QBB, we could possibly still do one.
Ah...ah...give me a day to sort it out.
lmao dont worry about it i was just fucckin around

Top Bottom