• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Gords

Smash Champion
OK guys,

thanks for the airport help, I have booked my flight from Sydney to Brisbane Airport.
My flight arrives in Brisbane at about 8am Sat 27th, so i'd say that i wont be able to board any public transport until at least 8:30.
Is the train station connected directly to the Airport or would i need a bus to get to the train station and if so what train station would i need to get to? Also what is the name of the station i need to get off the train from that is closest to the venue?
Hopefully it shouldn't take me more than 2hrs to get from the airport to the venue.

Sirias

Smash Champion
The train station is connected. From (one of) the exits from the airport there should be a big flight of stairs going up that leads to the train station. Tickets are like $13 or something I think (at least when I went to the airport via train, rip off, if you ask me, they should only be like $4).
I'm pretty sure that the Airport train turns into the Gold Coast train when it gets to Central (City stop). If not, you get off at Central and wait for the Gold Coast train there.

Gah, can't talk now, will add to this later. C:

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, the airport trains should go right through down to Helensvale. That's the name of the train station.

Then it's ezy mode.

Gords

Smash Champion
thanks for the info guys. And $13 is cheap compared to sydneys airport link. Here $13 will just get you a regular peak hour return ticket then add about $2-4 if you yu want the airport.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pray that your flight doesn't get delayed. I swear half my flights are delayed for some reason or another...

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
mmmmm tristan just invited me to some halo tourney on the same day, but then I was supposed to be going to this and teaming with kas, BUT THEN!!!! I'm also meant to be going to matt's (gosu.. remember him???) 21st that night.... FUARK?!?!?!?

Gords

Smash Champion
Pray that your flight doesn't get delayed. I swear half my flights are delayed for some reason or another...
Yeh it was the ealiest flight i could get and unfortunatlry i have business commitments on the friday night and therefore will miss the last flight out on the friday night as well. All pray for me please.

Both Kulla and I are travelling to the Gold Coast on Wednesday the 24th.
Im not certain where I'm being housed though...
I wish i could go that early as well but for the reason mentioned above plus trhe fact that i have a math exam on the friday morning also i cant.

Also Shaya do you know what time you are going back cause i will be training it home as well maybe i can get the same train. i was thinking of a night train though probs on the sunday or monday night depeding on what socail events are planned.

@anyone and everyone,

What is happening about dreamworld, do we know if this is going to happen and when (as in what time we are expected to finish if it does). Or are we going to do some other get together. Does nybody know?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Gords, I am travelling back on Tuesday. Also we aren't doing the train, we're flying up.

If you hurry up you should be able to get a jetstar flight on the 30th back to Sydney for $55. (My booked flight is 3:05? (3pm whatever) gold coast).

I also want to go to Byron Bay.
I havn't been in like 6 months, BYRON BAYYYYYYYYY *hyperventilates*

Gords

Smash Champion
Gords, I am travelling back on Tuesday. Also we aren't doing the train, we're flying up.

If you hurry up you should be able to get a jetstar flight on the 30th back to Sydney for $55. (My booked flight is 3:05? (3pm whatever) gold coast).

I also want to go to Byron Bay.
I havn't been in like 6 months, BYRON BAYYYYYYYYY *hyperventilates*
What $55, wow thats cheaper than the train, thanks Shaya ill be right on it to get me that flight.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Jetstar is made of god. :D

Lol, I think the 21st is the most important, Zac, you should go to that.
I can team up with someone else, or alternatively not do teams. :C

Dreamworld? Nah, already been to it 4 times, over it.
MOVIEworld on the other hand... Still haven't been there. o:

I bet they're delayed because they want you to stay a little longer.
Everyone wubs Davie-puu~ <3

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Booked my flight to arrive on Wed 24th of September at 10.30pmish, arrives at Gold Coast... Need to get into contact with DJ cat...Don't expect to stay with him for the first few days...Cause it means ill be there for like....5 nights, more then happy to wander the Gold Coast then settle in on friday or something for the tourney....

But yeah....contact me DJ on Kulla_Kure@hotmail.com

Also....Gords! Didn't know you were coming....NSW represent :D (You too Shaya....yo)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I will be arriving at GC Airport on the 22nd (Monday) at 8pm.
Chris is busy until 10-10.30pm so I will need something to do for a couple of hours until I can go to Chris'
Who wants to pick me up from the airport? XD
We can play smash for a few hours *hopeful face*

I will be staying until the 30th, leaving Brisbane Airport at 9.30pm. Looks as though I will be the only one from Victoria. Gonna be fun.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
We can play smash for a few hours *hopeful face*
My god Jei, you will be so smashed out by the end of the trip haha

And yeah, on Mondays from 8am-10am, I have compulsory PBL(problem based learning), I also have the same thing on Friday from 2pm-5pm
All the other stuff I can skip apart from placements, clinical skills and mock patient interviews
If you can't get anyone to pick you up, I'll get you after PBL =)

Edit: I am from Vic!!!
Guess it's better than being called a Kiwi after my one year there - ugh >.<

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Chris represents Victoria! And he shall represent us in all crew battles where we need his hax <3

Do you guys think I'm Californian because I studied there? :grin: (I honestly wouldn't mind lol)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
And yeah, on Mondays from 8am-10am, I have compulsory PBL(problem based learning), I also have the same thing on Friday from 2pm-5pm
QUOTE]

Uhhh if your PBL thingy is from 8am-10am, there shouldn't be a problem considering I arrive at GC at 8PM....that's PM Chris, as in the evening, after midday, towards the end of the day, afternoon. You get it lol.
I hope "8am-10am" wasn't a typo :p

And Cao no-one asked you, you Californian b*stard.

edit: omfg fail quote

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
oh LOL
8pm - thats fine hahhahaaha
Yes, thats right - after acing spec and methods, I still can't read the time

Lol Cao, thats ure answer >.<
Dw, I think of you as a well travelled aussie <3

White Tiger

Smash Rookie
hi i would like to come to the QLD Brawl Buddies Tournament is there is still openings
only coming down from bris so should be able to make it without a problem

Sirias

Smash Champion
Pandas and siberian tigers (AND HUSKIES GAWD <33).
Hott.

There's no limit to how many people can come, so you're welcome to join. c:
You're welcome to join any other sorts of events taking place in Brisbane too... which will most likely be smashed based (at least on here hawhaw... :C gogo QLD thread).
WELCOME, though. :D

Chrrriiisss... :C
Are you saying it's bad to be called a Kiwi?
I. Hate. You. D: <
Though I agree with you. =]
Wub~ <3

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Jei;
I moved to QLD from VIC a little over 3 years ago.

Kulla, Gords;
DJ and I have 1 extra bed, a couch and a very comfortable carpet (it's honestly better to sleep on then the couch, or my bed <_<) though we don't have spare blankets or pillows so it may be worth bringing blanket/ pillow or a sleeping bag.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
hi i would like to come to the QLD Brawl Buddies Tournament is there is still openings
only coming down from bris so should be able to make it without a problem
Hi, I'm Vyse, pleased to meet you!
Please come and bring friends!

Also, a well run tourney is run on people's ability to bring TV's and Wiis+Brawl.
Can you provide any of these pieces of equipment? The more people that come, the more we need to make this a well run tournament.

For now I'll add you to the front page list. Please tell me if you plan to bring anyone for this :)

Gords

Smash Champion
Jei;
I moved to QLD from VIC a little over 3 years ago.

Kulla, Gords;
DJ and I have 1 extra bed, a couch and a very comfortable carpet (it's honestly better to sleep on then the couch, or my bed <_<) though we don't have spare blankets or pillows so it may be worth bringing blanket/ pillow or a sleeping bag.
Thanks for letting me know cuase i wasnt going to but now i will try and see if i can grab a sleeping bag or something.

Also, a well run tourney is run on people's ability to bring TV's and Wiis+Brawl.
Can you provide any of these pieces of equipment? The more people that come, the more we need to make this a well run tournament.

:)
I can bring my wii and stuff like i mentioned in my first post a few pages back but only if you need them as now ill need to bring up sleeping gear .

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Don't bring them if it's inconvenient for you.
OOS'ers just need to bring their Controller <3

---

UPDATE!

Today I went into the community center to check out the Larger room we've upgraded to (No pix -_-) and it's HUGE! It'll easily contain 100 smashers. Plus there's a canteen/kitchen area. It faces the inside of the hall, and is pretty much like your school canteen, in that its inner wall has two big cut outs to exchange money/food through.

So instead of a barbeque, we're going to cook lunch in there, and people will be able to eat in designated areas, so this way we don't have to leave the premises.

This is going to work out so darn well : 3

---

EDIT: My Custom title is awesome

Yokai

Smash Ace
Just checkin in, glad to see everything is coming together.

Vyse and I will have a rough draft of a timetable out as soon as we can. Cant wait to meet everyone.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Don't bring them if it's inconvenient for you.
OOS'ers just need to bring their Controller <3

---

UPDATE!

So instead of a barbeque, we're going to cook lunch in there, and people will be able to eat in designated areas, so this way we don't have to leave the premises.

---

EDIT: My Custom title is awesome
1: And pants.

2: Going outside would have been a good thing though I say, I say...

3. Agreed.

NOW. :dizzy:

Holy bressed freakin...grapefruits!
So much to take in in a week! So much has happened!

@Jei: I'd like to be able to pick you (and anyone else for that matter) up from the airport but it depends on work hours and all that Jaz(z).

@Gords, Kulla, and who else?:
I'll have to get to yas sometime about staying at my place and stuff.
We have lots of room, 2 beds, a couch etc, 2 toilets/bathrooms even.
And the afore mentioned super comfortable carpet 9 out of 10 Blueys recommend it for good sleeping ;)
The only thing is my work, I might not be around to entertain/show you around/ drive yas places when I'm working or sleeping.

Peoples, Can we have a list of airport pick-up requests, and I'll see what I can do.
I'll have to work out as soon as possible whether I need to go on to day shift for a week or 2. I currently work night shift 10pm-6am - Sunday Night, till Friday morning. I can only take a day or 2 off if I'm on Days, so yeah...

Ben/other Brisbanite car-owning people: Need to work out how and when we are taking people/equipment to the tourny.
I have the equipment (and then some) but only a smallish car + taking people as well...
Hey Greenstreet + dudes, maybe you guys can stay here on the Friday night if that works it might make it easier than a huge 2/3 hour drive before a tournament to drive you crazy.
Also, you can stay the night after the tourny if you want, before driving back but yeah it sup to you.

Dreamworld = Done deal! :bee:

So much more to say/organize, so little time...
I'll try and get on more this weekend, we'll see....
For people who want my number, 0448 993 598.

bye!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
DJ dw about picking me up, you've done enough driving around for me last time I was in Qld. I'm very appreciative aout that <3
Plus Chris has no problems picking me up anyways, just a small misunderstanding about Chris NOT BEING ABLE TO READ THE TIME lolz.

Stil trying to decide if I want to go to Dreamworld though, need to save my moneys for Japan =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just received a text from DJ saying that he'll be happy to host Shaya, GORDS and Kulla.
So no sweat : ]

Top Bottom