• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nooo leave it long <3
I need to kick myself into gear and buy me a ticket. I haven't done anything about it yet.
Sooooo looking forward to it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll probably be coming with a friend of mine, sign us down as atyeo and reindex.
I live in Canberra so once I get everything organized I'll let you know vyse.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sweet!
ACT Represent Yo!!!

Do you need housing? There are spots all around the place that are open if people need somewhere to stay.

This is a reminder to people to make it known if you need housing. We are definitely willing to host as many people as we can, and you shouldn't be afraid to ask for housing, ESPECIALLY if you're more than a few hours away.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i think me and my mates will just trek home at the end vyse. save up the room for ppl hu really need it

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nuuu Greenie. You need it too >.<

Okay, at the very least, Greenie, Booker, Kustom, and anyone else who is relatively far away gets second picks.

Yokai

Smash Ace
This is going to be so awesome! I cant wait to see some ACT smashers as well.

Most epic tourny ever. We need a huge group pic at the end.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't think the awesome could be captured inside the photo. D:

Lol. My hair isn't 'long', it's just... sorta long.
Need to cut the back at the very least anyway.
<3

Housing? Pfft.
Man up, sleep on the streets.
I can provide blankets if you're REALLY p!ssy about it, gawd.
C:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
yeah...sleep on the streets...like I did when no-one could house me during the Connection Tour.....IN MY OWN CITY.
Sorry I just like to mention that I slept on the streets (kind of....I slept in my car in a parking lot) during the Connection Tour...don't mind me.

Yokai

Smash Ace
DICE(K-OS) moose and myself nearly slept in hobbo infested carindale, with egg throwing hobbos. Because syke told us there was a bus to toowong. but there wasnt. HE LIED.

So I had to pay 50 bucks for a cab to KingKongs.

Most overtold story in ward history.

Sieg

Smash Champion
You can forget the:

"Hey guys let's run away from James while these big strange black hobos come closer to us"

That was classic.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
yer but remeber i will hav 2 ppl with me...
EXACTLY.
Plus you're bringing equipment, which is why we'll offer housing if you need it.

@Trolls:
I want you guys to clean up your posts from now on. From what I understand from PM's I'm getting from people who plan on attending, there are some very young people coming to this tournament, and I won't stand for a thread full of cussing and inuendo.

Keep it in the QLD thread from now on okay guys :)

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
EXACTLY.
Plus you're bringing equipment, which is why we'll offer housing if you need it.

@Trolls:
I want you guys to clean up your posts from now on. From what I understand from PM's I'm getting from people who plan on attending, there are some very young people coming to this tournament, and I won't stand for a tournament full of cussing and inuendo.

But you do know... That that is pretty much the funniest/funnest part of the tournament... Right?

And I doubt you can help it... Unless you mean the serious cussing.

But innuendo... God help you.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
But you do know... That that is pretty much the funniest/funnest part of the tournament... Right?

And I doubt you can help it... Unless you mean the serious cussing.

But innuendo... God help you.
My bad, I meant the thread, not the actual tournament.

The tournament will be as rambunctious as they usually are.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer my vote put this thread up to 4 star (waits for the flood of 1 stars to ruin it)

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
And that is when the swift kick to the nuts comes in, where we proceed to walk away from you while you're on the ground frothing from the mouth.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
EXACTLY.

@Trolls:
I want you guys to clean up your posts from now on. From what I understand from PM's I'm getting from people who plan on attending, there are some very young people coming to this tournament, and I won't stand for a thread full of cussing and inuendo.

In Your End O

JAtz

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have 5 players CONFIRMED!!

CONFIRMATIONS

1. JAtz
2. OptimusBen
3. JimmyJackHammer
4. Hagshrom
5. Destroyer

Thanks we will be there on Saturday 27th ready to roll ~

JAtz

Smash Rookie
Hey vyse, i posted on the forum.

I HAVE 5 PLAYERS CONFIRMED!!

CONFIMATIONS

1. JAtz
2. OptimusBen
3. JimmyJackHammer
4. Hagshrom
5. Destroyer

and does it run for two days?

thankyou we will see you on the 27th ready to roll.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
yeah...sleep on the streets...like I did when no-one could house me during the Connection Tour.....IN MY OWN CITY.
Sorry I just like to mention that I slept on the streets (kind of....I slept in my car in a parking lot) during the Connection Tour...don't mind me.

Me and Freddo really had to man up in Adelaide for a number of hours.
Who knew the airport would be shut and all the hotels booked...:confused:

On topic! :mad:

1 beds become 2!
Yeah, we have an extra bed now.

So heaps of room,for people to stay, let me know people!!!

Vyse, have you got to check out the room yet,or is it the one we had for SQUAT4?
Hows it like for seating and so on?
And powerpoints etc around the room.

Crew/s!?
Who is actually goingto take on Ward though???
The Yoshi extremists?

Gords

Smash Champion
Hi guys, i am from Sydney and relativlely new to the smash community only really having been invloved in the Sydney smash scene. but i want to expand to the whole of australian community.
I am really interested in attending this tournament to play some smash but most of all to meet all of you.

But first some questions:
1) does anyone know of cheap accomadation or is it possible for me to stay at someones place duing my time in Brisbane? Is the accomadation info on the first post still accurate?
2) i will most likely be going straight from the airport to the venue as i have other commitnments in sydney on the friday night, which is the best way to take this journey? from what i have seen on google maps it takes about an hour but this could be different for public transport/traffic conditions and such.
3) this will be my first trip to QLD and it is during my mid semester break for uni so i will be able to stay an extra couple of days. I think it would be great if we got together on the Sunday/Monday, made a day of it, relax, go out, see the sites and all that. it would be a great oppertunity to get to know some of you away from the hectic competition on the Saturday. What do you think?

I am really hoping i can make it but it will only be possible if i can afford it, i am already thinking of catching the train home because it is cheaper. It would be great if you could answer the above queations ASAP so i can book flights/trains and accomadation early and get the cheaper tickets(especailly for the airline ticket).
I can most likely bring my Wii (AV and component cables), NTSC Brawl, freeloader, PAL Melee, 3 genuine GC controllers, 2 GC controller extensions, wiimote with nunchuck and a classic controller. ( I can't bring my sensor bar as it stu k to my tv stand)

I can be contacted either by replying in this thread, PM or
email - gordo1229@me.com
phone - 0433 671 938

thanks in advance for your support, and looking forward to meeting you all.

JAtz

Smash Rookie
are you able to put us in the list so we know we are definites, thankyou.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Vyse will put you all down when he comes on, probably tomorro.

@Gords: Im sure there will be plenty of people in the same boat. also, some cheap accomodation can be found on the front page.

I RECOMMEND ALL INTERSTATERS TO GO TO BRISBANE AIRPORT.

Believe it or not, it will save you time.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Unless of course the Gold Coast terminal crud is at LEAST $50 cheaper. :D

But just make sure to arrive 1-2 hours earlier, ololo.

Sieg

Smash Champion
((Vyse here))
Welcome Jatz and friends. I'll be sure to add you!
Are you able to bring any equipment to the tournament?
With the amount of people coming to this we need to get as many TVs and Wii's as possible.

@GORDS: Sounds good man.
Accommodation-wise if you'd like, we can put you into housing at somebody's house for the duration of your stay down here.

Also, on the sunday.
Dreamworld shenanigans are planned (in planning).

Gords

Smash Champion
((Vyse here))

@GORDS: Sounds good man.
Accommodation-wise if you'd like, we can put you into housing at somebody's house for the duration of your stay down here.

Also, on the sunday.
Dreamworld shenanigans are planned (in planning).
Excellent Vyse. If I could stay at somebodies place that would be great, as long as it isn't to much trouble for anyone. I am also looking into some of the hostels listed on the front page. I am also planning to go home either on Monday night or Tuesday morning depending on train times and what we are doing socailly.

Speaking of which, Dreamworld sounds positively awsomeness. How much extra is this going to cost, I think I am going to take a couple of extra shifts at work to get some extra loot for this trip.

Top Bottom