• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

K-0S

Smash Apprentice
I swim in the space between panels, what I call 't
Hai guyz, A post just to tell you all I'm still alive and kicking.

I can supply housing too. My girlfriend and I would be happy to pull out one of the couches in my garage.

I can house 2 people if they'd be willing. Only trouble is with transport to mine, I'm gonna have my epic tv in the back along with my smaller one.

I look forward to the tourney and I'm actually hoping for some smash action before then, Farking work....
I need some mariownage.

Also, Now admin ^-^

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
holy ****, you people sure love chris, *** suckage galore hhuehuehuehueheuheuheueh

i think some of us Melbourne peoples have to show you how to really play chris :p
ill just have to show you that dedede still beats all, and ill have to carry you in teams
haha but how did you get so loved?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Indeed. Thinking of turning items back on when we have a smash session, just to liven up the games, and make sure we are having fun with it.
I wish I had played half as many people as you Chris, so much experience. Thats why I look forward to the tournament. :)

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I can't host :(

As I am busy Friday and Friday night and then on Sunday I have to go to woop woop for Uni... I'll be leaving early in the morning...

Plus I live in Brisbane so I don't know If anyone would even want to stay 2 hours (by public transport) 1 hour by car away from the tourney...

*Hzrd*

Smash Rookie
greenstreet - my internet is adsl2

Vyse - thanks for organizing accomodation

all - my gf has taken a liking to ssbb, so im going to be competitive in singles, and joining doubles just for fun.... is this aloud?

note: perhaps the entrance price should be raised to cover the cost of the new place. however not to the extent where people will change their minds as to wether or not they want to play at all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nah. Entry will stay at $5. I'll just be taking the money out of the pots from each event. Roughly between $50 and $60 from each of the four events. I'm sure the winners will live.

You can enter doubles for fun, or for any other reason, but you'll still have to pay unfortunately.
Otherwise the system won't work -_-

Yokai

Smash Ace
Haha, chris is uber <3.

I mightnt give myself any credit, but thats because I give credit where credit is due hahaha.
Im practicing though, I need to be less predictable.

@Vyse, 3phase power is a def plus on the upgraded venue, just about ensures no electricity failure will spoil the day. Also, Im putting up posters around QUT today, so this board will be noobed. BE PREPARED.

@Anyone: I need a smash doubles parter. Im lookin at you K-OS, but yeah, if anyone else is searching, im a free agent atm.

@Accomodation discussion: I cant really host anyone, sorry. Im not in a position to really have anyone stay.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hey Yokai.
I am not sure but I may need one. I've never played you though so you can't really asess how good I am. Netherless, I will either be entering as Lucario or Sonic, depending on how well I improve as each between now and September 27th. Wifi much?
Well let me know.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Wifi is fail man. UGHHH, I really dont want to go to wombat. but if I get a chance, ill take it.

Ill be playing lucario for singles, pkmtrainer or pikachu for doubles depending. I need more practice with both.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Wifi is fail man. UGHHH, I really dont want to go to wombat. but if I get a chance, ill take it.

Ill be playing lucario for singles, pkmtrainer or pikachu for doubles depending. I need more practice with both.
You are right though. It's too far. If you have an emergency I'll probably be free, as Wombat Doubles Partners are hard to come across.
Let me know anyway...
P.S. I wonder how many people would find a Sonic an effective doubles partner.

*Hzrd*

Smash Rookie
if the team can handle themselves well as individuals than a sonic partner would be great. as sonic lacks any really heavy knock back attacks, he can get the % up on the enemy while keeping his own % down, he plays as a nuisance while the other player works on pushing back the other team. with alot of angle dmg sonic can kick arse in doubles. Then again as effective as this may theoretically be, im sure there are doubles out there that are MUCH more compatible. sonic and mario seem to do well... my roomate plays mario and we dont really lose in friendlies with my mates.

p.s. what really annoys me is that because i live so far out, i cant get any good practice in. im either not trying in local games, or am trying on wifi just to beat away the lag....

I NEED A SOLUTION

*Hzrd*

Smash Rookie
as that HAD occured to me, i just moved here from brisbane. its just unfortunate that i get into the smash scene a few months after moving away from the active location.

K-OS is apparently hosting people.... can you host me and my gf, would we count as one person seeing as we'd share the same bed?

im really looking forward to meeting you all, and taking part in future tourney's.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Anyone playing snake can make very effective use of a sonic player. Even if it's more for lol's then the win.
Fair enough. I am really happy with my Sonic after today. Spent a good couple of 10 stock matches on my created stages (MEDLI, u can find it on my profile for all interested, it is very fun). I am really happy with my aerial and tech chase game as well as the ability to successfully mindgame the opponent.
Can only get better from here :)
Bye

Yokai

Smash Ace
Fair enough. I am really happy with my Sonic after today. Spent a good couple of 10 stock matches on my created stages (MEDLI, u can find it on my profile for all interested, it is very fun). I am really happy with my aerial and tech chase game as well as the ability to successfully mindgame the opponent.
Can only get better from here :)
Bye
Looks like we are partners. I should play a heavy hitter, or someone with some good KO moves.

PKM trainer is good for that, but so is lucario. we will need some practice probably, but it wont REALLY matter. If i can convince my parents to go up to wombat to see family, i will tag along, where abouts in wombat are you?

Near the uni?

K-0S

Smash Apprentice
I swim in the space between panels, what I call 't
I'll pair with anyone for doubles. I've got a mario, lucas, pkmtrn and a sonic going if anyone's intrested.

I don't mind at all who stay's just notice so I can organise breakfast and all that. There is an hourly bus to coomera station for transport issues.

But again, I have space for 2-4 people depending on who's comfortable with spooning who.....

P.S. I'll be entering everything except melee doubles, as I'm kinda bad luck since moose had a cry.

Sirias

Smash Champion
TOO MUCH READING. CBF.

Hosting wise... I 'could' house some people, I guess...
How long're... any of you guys staying?
From when to when?
But like, I live so far away (from City AND Tourney AND other smashers). Such a waste of time and money. GAWD fk.

I was going to say something he-
Oh, yeah.
Chris became loved... because QLD loves everyone except you, Phil, so go stfu and die in a fire. <3
And JEI it is JEI. <3
ONE JEI.
STOP CALLING HIM CHRISTOPHER IT'S WEIRD!

Ok I'm warm now.
Some reason that warmed me up, yay. =]

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
heh, Kas knows ;)

I don't remember where I got this idea from but Vyse are we teaming in brawl?
If not, Jei needs a brawl partner...Bryce I'm looking at you lol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Remember, we were going to team for the last ranbat, but realized I lived to far away to make it T_T.
Uhm, I think I'm just going to partner with Sieg, since I already said I would : /

Oh well.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
To Be Announced or Advised is what I've always heard it as.

I'll team with you Jei! I still dun have a partner for neither Brawl nor Melee...

Also as for housing...I'd prefer someone who would like to play a mass amounts of Melee rather then Brawl...But beggars can't be choosers, and anyone will suffice =D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
To Be Announced or Advised is what I've always heard it as.

I'll team with you Jei! I still dun have a partner for neither Brawl nor Melee...

Also as for housing...I'd prefer someone who would like to play a mass amounts of Melee rather then Brawl...But beggars can't be choosers, and anyone will suffice =D
I'll see if Accelerate can house you then : D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm going ahead and Assigning *Hzrd* and his girlfriend to K-0S's house.
Seeing as they take up the space of one person, he could possibly fit one more person.

Top Bottom