• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD Autumn LAN 2k9 | Melee/Brawl | Results Page 45

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Lol not gc and brisbane, gc and melb <3
-Staying in gc for the next year and a bit, then I'll either stay here/move closer to brisbane depending on hospital rotations for my course
-But yeah I go back to melb for holidays, like the one in a few weeks =D

Atria

Smash Journeyman
-Lol not gc and brisbane, gc and melb <3
-Staying in gc for the next year and a bit, then I'll either stay here/move closer to brisbane depending on hospital rotations for my course
-But yeah I go back to melb for holidays, like the one in a few weeks =D
Err...whoops. Didn't see that... >_> Well, you DID get my point anyway. :laugh:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, although Bob's Wii was fixed, we believe that the only reason it died is because it was over
played ( it had been played for days straight by Shaya, Gords and Meteor.
Ryan you should of come to Bob's on Saturday. Ben and Arrow came around and we too played melee.
Good fun, Anyway......
Enough craping on, serious talking now
Can the people that are staying with Bob and I, post up who you are and when you arrive.
I know of one so far, who else?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed my cameo appearance in this thread. :)

I'd like to go to this, but it's not exactly at the best time for me. One day I'll play you guys.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
nah not my textures since i deleted my photoshop pro. just lots of ones like shadow and megaman etc =P

as for the wii problem a friend of mine has it.. pretty sure it was the laser.. got old or something so u need new one.. so fix is around 60$... or u could send it to nintendo... XD

yeh gotta practice melee ~_~ my marth is so... plain and stationary...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dude, MikeHaze got 2nd... he's supposed to be SoCal's long running joke

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
(Repost from MyWii)
Guys I have an important question.

Would you all be willing to pay an extra $5 to ensure a pot for singles? (You would pay $5 for Brawl, then $5 for Melee singles).

Assuming 25 people attend (It's likely that it'll be much more), the pot would stand at $125 to be distributed at 50%/30%/20% for 1st/2nd/3rd. ($62.5/$37.5/$25)

What are your opinions on this?

I myself am not particularly a fan (Especially because you're already paying a fair event entry fee), but if I can get a general consensus, I'll implement it.

This would increase the price of entry from $15 to $20 for one day or $35 for two days.

$35 seems like a lot more money than $25 :(

My other option would be to make the singles entry low, like $2.50
That's small enough that people don't care too much about having to add another $2.50 to what they've spent to get in (Spectators don't pay anything btw) and the pot distribution for each event would simply be to give back each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd $20 and whatever prize LanSmash comes up with for them. (They give out prizes regardless).

One of the bigger reasons why I'm inclined not to include adding an extra $10 onto the entry fee is that a lot of people have already booked flights on the premise that it's going to cost them $15 for one day or $25 for both.

I do not feel like I have the right to impose this extra fee unless there is a general consensus for it (And if we did, I'd lean towards the $2.50 entry)

What say you?

Sieg

Smash Champion
That's like 10 dollars I could be putting forward to something useful, Like a new figurine.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
but i didn't know kaion was wifi.. well it explains his camping olimar XP
Olimar is my Snake eater. He's gone down the drain lately since I broke my TV at the last tourney and the TV I use now only plays black and white because of my Japanese Wii. This has ruined my Olimar to say the least.

I want revenge for counterpicking with Port Town against him and for stalling with DK atthe last tourney.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
10 dollars?!?! that's like a KFC feed, you crazy! Why are you trying to deprive me of my KFC?!

Nah I don't really mind paying the extra 10, I got dosh to blow.

I need to touch up my MK... It's the only char that can beat Amaterasu...

Anyways I got my FC so add me!

0473-9298-2844 (Using my friends Wii for now seeing as I'm too cheap to buy one just for brawl) and send me a message with your FC if you wanna play.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
@Vyse I'm fine for a little $5 boost, i can see how much worse it seems paying an extra 5 for both melee and brawl though. On that note someone teach me melee techs and ill play!

@Kaion Rematch olimar vs snake :) snaaaaaaake eeeeater

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
antho ill pay no worrys at all. im up for it and Michael will pay as well coz he has bought enough figures HAVNT YOU MICHAEL!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay well I've had a somewhat lengthy chat with one of the tournament admins, and I've decided against increasing the entry fee for a pot.

On the other hand, we are organising epic prizes in the form of Nintendo Merchandise that I may, or may not reveal before the tournament.

It'll definitely be worth playing for.
(btw I heard you like MadWorld/GCN Controller/Wii Points)

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Whats to encourage out of staters if there is no pot?

Whats $5-$10? Lack of money = lack of seriousness.

Besides all the votes you have heard are Yes or a sarcastic No.
You can't go without it.
+Vote Yes

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The community consultation phase was kind of pointless lol.

Does this mean I have to go into *** mode and refuse to play anyone unless it's MMs to make back some of my flight? :grin: I love that mode

Except for Sykeywykey and Ryan, I can play Meleee all dai long

EDIT - oh wait... I need my 5 cent revenge MM against Syke :mad:

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
how about 3 $ each for brawl day only.

how u noes i like gccontrolla???

kfc feed is much important. same is sizzla.

ooser can money match chumps that cant win for easy robs =P

depending on how serious on the day i might use snake XD or choose a overpowered doubles partner =P
double ike? double marth? double captain falcon.. i can do

lol i wasn't stalling u were camping the ledge =P plus i was on 200+ % its a mission 2 DI >.< and same as for porttown.. u should probably ban it.. its not a good snake stage but.. >.> teh cars love me.

oh yeah there will be rage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfmx4sZNhXU

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
EDIT: I'm not interested in running tournaments for the financial gain of a few. I'm interested in running tournaments for the purpose of boosting the smash scene. I originally did not expect so many people to come to this tournament, and so didn't sweat the details.

If you want to play for money, hire out the PCYC like I did and run a tournament. At the PCYC I'm willing to run tournaments with Cash pots because it's cheap to run there.

Our smash scene I'm sad to admit, cannot hope to prosper if we continually alienate people with exorbitant entry fees. At the PCYC we can have pots and still have very reasonably priced entry fees.

You're still getting prizes (quite significant prizes if you ask me) so I don't get what the problem is. If there were no prizes, I would be implementing the $5+ but for now I see no reason to.
That being said. The only scene I can really hope for growth in would be Brawl.

I'll charge $5 extra for Melee if people want it.

I think the (can I re-iterate - significant [Compared to the potential pots]) prizes are enough for the Brawlers.

What do you think?

EDIT: Maybe a $2 pot for Brawl to give winners their entry fees back on top of epic prizes. First place would receive $100 of value right there.

swordsaint

Smash Master
That being said. The only scene I can really hope for growth in would be Brawl.

I'll charge $5 extra for Melee if people want it.

I think the (can I re-iterate - significant [Compared to the potential pots]) prizes are enough for the Brawlers.

What do you think?

EDIT: Maybe a $2 pot for Brawl to give winners their entry fees back on top of epic prizes. First place would receive $100 of value right there.
Congratulations to Amaterasu on his prizes.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Maybe you should run the tourney like the SF4 tourney was/is going to be run.

Good.

-Kickflip-

Smash Rookie
If I turn up, who would team with me?
For either.
If none, then I probably won't pray.
Ogiee.
i will most likely need a team partner if your willing sirias? Would be funny first time meeting and playing 2gether...
just chucking it out there, im not that good a player but im alright in teams, somehow managed 3rd at the last tourney in teams which was a big suprise for me.

Sieg

Smash Champion
That's what I'm doing if you haven't noticed.
Are you Anthony. Are you?

Possibly.

Or maybe not. I don't know. But who really does know in this crazy world.

When you see a bright light in the sky on the way home, will you know what that light is?

I saw Rose come out of another mans hotel room the other day. She looked, flustered. Nevermind, sorry to have brought this up on the mission.

ITS JUST A GAME ANTHONY, TURN OFF THE CONSOLE NOW!

I NEED SCISSORS. 61!

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I would agree that no pot would increase the number of new players attending the tournament...But who really wants that??

A big pot + a cash prize for highest placed out of stater...would attract the already established smash players from other states..

Who is going (apart from cao) to spend 200/300 dollars on flights without any chance of recuperating that money??

America run their tournaments purely for money and they have done fairly well...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm d***ed if I do and I'm d***ed if I don't
>.>

Okay, here's what I'm gonna do:

1. Melee
$5 for Singles
Pot Split (50/30/20)
Minor Prizes for all three.

2. Brawl
$2 for Singles
Pot Split ($15 return to top 3)
1st Prize: MadWorld (hopefully)
2nd Prize: Gamecube Controller
3rd Prize: Wii Points

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ahhh sounds good, seeing as MadWorld only costs 20 bucks now lol. I'll donate something for the brawl prize if you want me to Vyse.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm d***ed if I do and I'm d***ed if I don't
>.>

Okay, here's what I'm gonna do:

1. Melee
$5 for Singles
Pot Split (50/30/20)
Minor Prizes for all three.

2. Brawl
$2 for Singles
Pot Split ($15 return to top 3)
1st Prize: MadWorld (hopefully)
2nd Prize: Gamecube Controller
3rd Prize: Wii Points
I was bottom paged.

Also any and all donations are welcome.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh, on that topic.
You guys are gonna have to run WinterSmash since I'll be at Genesis.

Any takers?

EDIT: Return to top 3 in Brawl will be $15 sorry. Not $20

Any extra money will go to DJ and Dino for buying more TV's for us to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom