• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Official Project Thread

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I was wrong. All characters seem to have two blocks of attributes. I haven't figured out what the second one is for, but its not bunny hood, metal box, or posion mushroom/mushroom stats.
Subspace. Ever notice how the characters play almost COMPLETELY different in that mode?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
When I try running 0.2 it gives me all kinds of errors when I run it. It says "unhandled exception has occured in your application."

Does this require .net framework 3.5 while 0.1 does not?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I got it so yoshi's dair is his running animation, but I forgot how to make it so the animation loops (the flaily kicking part) endlessly. help please?

And how do I get it so I can interrupt it any time with a crouch?

Someone, please??

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I got it so yoshi's dair is his running animation, but I forgot how to make it so the animation loops (the flaily kicking part) endlessly. help please?

And how do I get it so I can interrupt it any time with a crouch?

Someone, please??
Press "Animation Flags" and check the "Loop" box.

Add an "Allow Interrupt" operation.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
SymphonicSage12, please do not ask questions concerning the use of PSA here. There are two other threads open for that kind of talk. This thread is strictly for discussion on the future of PSA.

Anyways, I have stated in the opening post that I will not post here very often. And that is because I have firmly decided to decrease the time I spend on hacking SSBB. Despite the many bugs showing up, you probably won't see a fix for a few days...

Edit: Sorry SymphonicSage12, I didn't mean to target you out of the rest - I just needed someone to vent on (unrelated) and you were the nearest person. But to everyone in general, try and keep the discussion of the usage of PSA to their respective forums.

Anyways, despite my previous ultimatum, it turns out that I'm a creature of irresistible habit. So I went and cleaned up the floating point conversion bugs and the BKB/KBG bugs. It's now listed as v0.2.1 Beta.

In any case, I will still be cutting down on the time I spend working on PSA and Brawl hacking in general.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Umm. You probably aren't taking requests... But could you write in a built in hexidecimal converter in the 2.1 build? Thanks a lot. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
EDIT2: Oh ship! I just realized this is probably the wrong thread for asking questions like this. Well, it is concerning changes that may need to be in future versions... but still, if it's in the wrong place, I apologize.

Thank you for your hard work, Phantom!

Though I'm afraid I have a difficult problem. 8(

I've been editing throws; there's an unusual command in there called "Sub Routine External". It apparently has a name parameter that, for throws, is usually "gameAnimCmd_CaptureCutCommon". Well, one way or another I tried to Modify the command, which instantly converted it to a regular sub routine. Copy/Paste doesn't allow me to recreate the command.

I'm not sure if this the exact cause of my problem. I'm also finding that the sub routine that was apparently pointed to by "gameAnimCmd_CaptureCutCommon" has somehow been removed. Normally it directs to a pile of commands that give the error "Offset not identified as a valid event list." Now it is empty and accessible.

Anyway, the gist of this is that my Jigglypuff crashes whenever it tries to grab.

Unfortunately I think the program will have to be changed before I can fix this. Either I need to be able to create "Sub Routine External"s, or I need to be able to add commands to pre-existing offsets (so I can recreate the missing data).

EDIT: A third alternative would be to allow the user to set Parameter Type to any value. For example: the data I'm trying to recreate has has the command: 00010CF4: F5C283F-3333333F, ...

The closest I can get to that is 0-3333333F. /EDIT

Well, thanks for reading all that. I am using v0.2 by the way. It's fine if you take a long break before fixing this issue. I'd just like to know if you can and eventually will (if you can and will eventually, then I can continue editing the rest of my character. Otherwise I have to start over from halfway ._.)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Hey PW, you said the tab is called "Specials" because those are the only things that are unique to the characters, and if we changed anything else fundamentally, it would apply to all characters, right? Is that a coding limitation, where one is unable to change these things, or was it your choice to not include the other actions in the program (disregarding subactions/subroutines)? I want to know because I want to see if it is possible to create, perform, and perfect such a fundamental change to the gameplay, what I like to call a techjump. It'd basically be that in a tech situation (with 4 options: tech, techroll left or right, or not tech) I want to add another option, using the same animation as a wall techjump, but with altered invicibility and IASA frames to make it balanced.

Of course, this can't be done with only altering subactions, so I want to know if it can be done through a Specials tab expanded to more than specials.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that there was a code (Tech Window Fix v0.3 iirc) that allowed one to techjump, but it was ridiculously imbalanced due to the fact that you could attack out of it instantly and thwart any chase attempt. I'm hoping that I can edit that through PSA.

And anyway, thanks for the program. I really appreciate it.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm totally at an lost looking at it. x_x

Any chance a bit more user friendly version will be released?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, last time I posted here I was kind of panicking about losing all my progress. Finally I realized I could just copy-paste all the non-broken parts I lost to my backup. >.< Gotta take it easy when things get screwed up next time.

Nevertheless, my post still stands as a bug report, and a possible inspiration for new features to add to the next version. But honestly, even if this program never got updated we'd still be in PW's debt, so hey, I'm in no hurry.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Well, last time I posted here I was kind of panicking about losing all my progress. Finally I realized I could just copy-paste all the non-broken parts I lost to my backup. >.< Gotta take it easy when things get screwed up next time.

Nevertheless, my post still stands as a bug report, and a possible inspiration for new features to add to the next version. But honestly, even if this program never got updated we'd still be in PW's debt, so hey, I'm in no hurry.
Hey, we're still in PW's debt because of the File Replacement and File Patch codes.

I am overall pleased about how well this program works as a beta.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have a tool that does it, I just need to update it for the difference between 0.1 and 0.2.1's attributes.txt format.

I'm also working on ALSTT 2.0, BCSM-GUI 2.0, decoding the motion files, and decoding the ai files.
But since most of those are long term things, im gonna try to get the attribute updater done this weekend.

I'm also working on updating the other data files including with Project SA.
After I figure out the best way to do it, I'm going to make a "Lets get all the data in one place!" post :p

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
PW i would like to suggest a Godly "undo" button in future releases... sometimes i'll accidently save something to the wrong place or something and i have to mentally remember what to undo...

that would be a huge help :)
thx

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I have a tool that does it, I just need to update it for the difference between 0.1 and 0.2.1's attributes.txt format.

I'm also working on ALSTT 2.0, BCSM-GUI 2.0, decoding the motion files, and decoding the ai files.
But since most of those are long term things, im gonna try to get the attribute updater done this weekend.

I'm also working on updating the other data files including with Project SA.
After I figure out the best way to do it, I'm going to make a "Lets get all the data in one place!" post :p
Thank you sir. Can't wait for the tool!

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
PhantomWings, just so you know, the shield damage value is tied to base knockback, not knockback gain. Weight-dependent set knockback is tied to knockback gain.

MaxThunder

PM Support
PW i would like to suggest a Godly "undo" button in future releases... sometimes i'll accidently save something to the wrong place or something and i have to mentally remember what to undo...

that would be a huge help :)
thx
...this would help when accidantally deleting something... i have done that a lot lately... and every time i have to open a normal yoshi.pac to see what i need to recreate... its anoying...

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
idk if this is the best place to post.but is it possible with the psa to make idk ryu from sf?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
idk if this is the best place to post.but is it possible with the psa to make idk ryu from sf?
This isn't the best place to post. Also that's a very vague question. Try asking in one of the other threads, please.

EDIT: Rather than double post I'll put my bug report in this one.

So! I think there may be a memory leak somewhere in PSA. I've never gotten "you're running low on memory so you should close some programs" errors before using PSA. Also, I have gotten 2 or so blue screens working on this.

Overall, that's pretty good, since these rarely happen. Even if this is never fixed PSA works fine. But I have a suspicion that it's got a leak.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but recently I've been getting a lot of wii crash errors with my .pac files. I haven't done anything too ridiculous with .pacs, most of the things I've done *should* be working fine, but for some reason they end up crashing my wii. I know these things should be working fine, because I end up copying them onto a fresh new .pac file, and I don't experience the crash at all. I don't know if it's because of what I'm actually doing or perhaps the newest PSA isn't saving files correctly. Has anyone else encountered this?

Just to clarify: I've been getting this problem with Samus, I haven't really been messing around with other characters much.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For the sake of convienence, I feel that it is important for this thread to stay on the first 2 pages as this is where PW will release new betas when he returns.

Bumped.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
v0.2 Beta:
---Enhancements---
-Automatic floating point and Scalar conversion to decimal.
-Full Grid view of Attributes.
-Full modification and adding of subroutines. (subroutines not generated by PSA are limited in what can be modified)
-Removed the option to delete the contents of a subroutine call to prevent further errors.
-Number of jumps added to attribute dictionary.
---Bug Fixes---
-Variable type selection bug.
-Invalid parameter type bug.
-Offensive Collision BKB and BKG swap bug.
-External Graphic File# and Graphic Id swap bug.

v0.1 Beta:
---Characters---
-Attributes.
-Event Modification.
-Parameter Modification.
-Sub Routine Viewing.
-Incomplete Event Dictionary.
-Incomplete Attribute Dictionary.
---Articles---
-Not Supported.
---Items---
-Not Supported.
Articles Not Supported.
Is this true now?

I'm editing fox and his throw uses articles going up
I can't get that to happen when swamping with tilt up

Is there a way to do this right now?
or is it just unsupported and somehow build into it?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but recently I've been getting a lot of wii crash errors with my .pac files. I haven't done anything too ridiculous with .pacs, most of the things I've done *should* be working fine, but for some reason they end up crashing my wii. I know these things should be working fine, because I end up copying them onto a fresh new .pac file, and I don't experience the crash at all. I don't know if it's because of what I'm actually doing or perhaps the newest PSA isn't saving files correctly. Has anyone else encountered this?

Just to clarify: I've been getting this problem with Samus, I haven't really been messing around with other characters much.
I've heard that there's a memory limit on character files, for which Samus' is remarkably small. But I haven't tested this, and it might not be the cause of your problem.

Top Bottom