• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Official Project Thread

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
So Phantom Wings, is there any chance of this program taking other platforms into consideration? I'm running Ubuntu and I messed around with Mono for a while to try to get around the .NET framework issue, and I was able to get the program to run successfully. However, Mono doesn't seem to be able to have the libraries needed to actually open a file (specifically, it is missing System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName).

I'm pretty sure that it would take a large amount of work (probably re-writing virtually the whole program) to make it run natively in other platforms, so here is my suggestion: would it be possible to have SmashAttacks.exe be able to open files from the command line? Or is there any other way to change the way it opens/saves files, such as using an alternative library function? This would be really awesome if it could be looked into.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've found what I think is necessary to allow adding "tilt 2" and "tilt 3" attacks to characters who don't have them. Metaknight and Snake both have the value "1106247680" in the field 0x09C. Metaknight has this same value in the field 0x0A0. It's been determind these are "forward tilt flags"; however, when I try to type or paste this value into another character's attributes, it doesn't fit. The last two digits are truncated. I suspect that is why I cannot give a character an extra tilt attack.

Possibly fixable with a small change to next version? Maybe?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've found what appears to be a glitch in PSA.

If I add a change to animation speed to Link's Grounded Bow Charge, suddenly the item disappears from his hands while he charges it in the air, and it ceases to work.

Okay, fine, whatever. So I remove the change, not touching anything else in the move.

However, after removing the one line, I go back and test what SHOULD be a normal, working bow.

Nope, the bow still won't appear in Link's hand while he charges it in the air.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Uh... simple question:

How do I make every part of Marth's dair a meteor? I edited the first 3 lines in the trajectory to be "10", but to no effect. Am I doing something wrong?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Uh... simple question:

How do I make every part of Marth's dair a meteor? I edited the first 3 lines in the trajectory to be "10", but to no effect. Am I doing something wrong?
The angle for a spike is 10E. Remember, trajectories are in Hex.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I've found what appears to be a glitch in PSA.

If I add a change to animation speed to Link's Grounded Bow Charge, suddenly the item disappears from his hands while he charges it in the air, and it ceases to work.

Okay, fine, whatever. So I remove the change, not touching anything else in the move.

However, after removing the one line, I go back and test what SHOULD be a normal, working bow.

Nope, the bow still won't appear in Link's hand while he charges it in the air.
Shadic, I haven't figured out exactly what PSA does when you save a .pac, but if you open a unmodified .pac and hit save as, the outputted file is NOT the same as the original.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think it changed something with the pointer in the "Bow in Air" Subaction.

I ended up just copying everything from the Ground Bow action to the Air one, and it worked, hah.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo! An update!

I haven't done too much on PSA as I've mostly spent my time cleaning up the source code which has now been released. I've really shuffled up a lot of the code so it's likely there's going to be a couple of errors here and there. Any offers to bug test will be appreciated.

About the only things I added were the ability to modify the events as they appear in the event viewer and allowing PSA to internalize the file data to allow multiple instances of PSA.

If you're interested in the source code, it's in the download link for PSA. Be sure to check out the To Do list for things that PSA still needs.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It doesn't look like it. :(

PW, you made a typo. Instead of Knockback Growth it says Kockback Growth. It's not a big deal but I thought it should be reported.

Also, Base Knockback is always 0 in the main window, regardless of the actual value.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
darn, I was hoping to recreate the vbrawl dedede chaingrab....

and yes, kockback is a serious typo, because immature people like me get a kick out of it.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Damage in the Offensive Collion is slightly broken. Converting between Hex and Decimal can be a bit of a hassle for some moveset editors. Bones also need to be converted.

Pretty sure there's more, but this is too fun to give up just because of a few changes.

Edit: And the X offset? I'm pretty sure Ike's X Offset for his Forward Smash isn't 71579.79, Decimal or Hex.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
PW, Got a fix for you.
Code:
Check if "data" exists on the object list.
if (GetString(nameList, GetWord(objectPointerList, 0x4)).Substring(0, 4) != "data")
     throw (new Exception("Cannot locate file data."));
The "data" node isn't always first.
Code:
// Search for "data" node.
int off =-8;
bool found = false;
while (off < 8 * 10 && !found)
{
   off += 8;
   found = GetString(nameList, GetWord(objectPointerList, 0x4+off)).Substring(0, 4) == "data";                 
}
 if(!found)
     throw (new Exception("Cannot locate file data."));
This is a ghetto fix, but it works, and permits opening D3, Pokemon, etc.
I am going to add Fighter.pac support soon, you just have to detect the pac file by reading the string in the header, and then get the action offsets differently.

Since PSA is GPL3, I shouldn't release this without making the source code avaible, but people want it, so here it is. The only change is the one listed above, and adding credits to the about page.

Place the exe in the same directory as the PSA 1.3 Data directory.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/psamod/PSAMod.exe

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Place the exe in the same directory as the PSA 1.3 Data directory.
It doesn't work in the data directory. I placed it in the root directory with PW's original .exe and it works perfectly. Nice job! (I just wanted to point out you had the wrong directory posted)

EDIT: I don't think I'm clear.

Don't place it in /Smash Attacks/Data/
Place it in /Smash Attacks/

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any chance we can get Copy-Paste to work between instances of PSA? It'd be quite convenient.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Any chance we can get Copy-Paste to work between instances of PSA? It'd be quite convenient.
That's part of Phantom Wing's master plan. He mentioned it in the first post that he edits. But not yet, unless you wanna have a crack at modifying PSA yourself.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work in the data directory. I placed it in the root directory with PW's original .exe and it works perfectly. Nice job! (I just wanted to point out you had the wrong directory posted)

EDIT: I don't think I'm clear.

Don't place it in /Smash Attacks/Data/
Place it in /Smash Attacks/
Yes, that was what he meant, the data directory is in /Smash attacks

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Editing Charizard gives me a 0kb file. Obviously, doesn't work it Brawl.

I didn't have any issues just editing his attributes, but doing anything to his actual attacks made PSA rage at me. I edited his Usmash, btw.

Edit: I started again with a fresh pac, and for some reason, he kind-of works now. I changed his attributes and removed his down-b fine, but haven't added any events yet.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I need help
whenever I try to open certain movesets it says acess denied
I am using 1.3
can somebody help me?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
When I open this with mono on my Mac I get:

File Attributes.txt not found
File Events.txt not found
File Perimeters.txt not found
etc...

Anyone know what's wrong?

shanus

Smash Hero
When I open this with mono on my Mac I get:

File Attributes.txt not found
File Events.txt not found
File Perimeters.txt not found
etc...

Anyone know what's wrong?
You need to install the original 1.3 by PW, then replace it with dantarions

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You need to install the original 1.3 by PW, then replace it with dantarions
I installed the .exe that was in the .rar PW provided for download. I don't think I ever installed any of Dantarion's stuff.

EDIT: nvm, I found a folder called "data"

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but I might as well post it here. If you push save too many times, (I have a habit of saving multiple times), it corrupts the file and then after that you have to start over. So..... ya just a warning.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but I might as well post it here. If you push save too many times, (I have a habit of saving multiple times), it corrupts the file and then after that you have to start over. So..... ya just a warning.
I was about to post about that very bug... It's very annoying. It's what made me think Charizard wasn't working.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
A Bug I've noticed:

It says that there is BKB is always set to 0 but when you go to edit it, it will show it.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
When I try to open FitDedede.pac "Cannot locate file data." "Could not open file."
When I try to open any Kirby transformation such at FitKirbyCaptain.pac "Offset out of range." "Could not open file."

Found Dantarion's fix to open Dedede. Still can't open Kirby costumes.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
dunno if anyone has been experiencing this glitch, but I have been editing Marth in the new PSA 1.3, and Ive noticed that an unrelated move to any that I edit suddenly freezes the game, Im quite experienced with this program and this is the first time this has happened.

Later today I started using PSA beta .2 and everything works perfectly, so maybe this should be looked in to

An example of my problem would be when I just added an allow interrupt to Marths Jab, the game froze when ever I would run or turn around

Top Bottom