• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
This program really isn't that hard to ease into. I can't do anything too complicated, but so far my Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch has the following changes:

-The ground one does 777 damage, an instant-kill.
-When using it, Captain Falcon will glow purple, then transition to sky blue and then flash white before punching.
-He says "PAUNCH! FALCON..." instead.
-The punch hitbox is slightly larger.
-As he pulls back for the punch, his fist lights on fire (effect used for the Falcon Kick)

Tomorrow I'm going to edit him to have lightning sparks when he dashes, the sweetspot knee will stun for a couple seconds (and you'll hear "YESZ"), and his Up-B will do ice damage hopefully (that'll require some Ice Climbers research).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any chance we could have to program convert from float to decimal for us? It'd be quite handy.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is what I wrote up in excel to do it for me on the fly: (Does not account for sign which shouldn't be be a problem)

Code:
=2^(FLOOR(HEX2DEC([i]HEX_CELL_GOES_HERE[/i])/2^(32-9),1)-127)*(MOD(HEX2DEC([i]HEX_CELL_GOES_HERE[/i]),2^(32-9))/2^(32-9)+1)
It's just a basic interpretation of the IEE 754 format. It hasn't given me any errors so far that I know of.

Edit: It's important to realize that Excel can only handle Hex as text-based strings, and can only convert them into cells formatted as decimal numbers.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I PMed Phantom Wings about this question but just to be sure, I'll post it here.

I was wondering how did he make his Phoenix Mario' Side Smash? I wanted to make the same on Marth but with a dark effect instead. Think anyone could help me on that? I've pretty much made a broken Marth, xD

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i just don't know how to do the bone/IDs part. i need info on that.

also the "go to" stuff. it says "go to" and then some hex thing and something about variants and stuff. i wish this was easier to use.

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Is possiable to edit kirby's copy ablties? If so do you know what values they are? I really really want to konw this because I really want to edit this stuff

supersupersuperguy

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be a guide? I've been trying to use it to give Toon Link some electric, fire and explosion effects, as well as changing some attributes, but I couldn't get the hang of it... I DID figure out how to change damage, knockback and things like that. However, I found it to be a long and boring process. I would LOVE to know how to do the stuff. But, at the moment, i'm kind of frusterated...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
3 Questions:

1) Can jump number be changed?

2) Do I have to change it in the attributes? If no - where else ?

3) What attribut is it xD?

4) Not really a question, more a request: I want to give 10 Air-Jumps, if its not easy and a hexideximal number or something like that could you please give it too me ?

5) thx :)

Well another thing: Is there maybe a complete list of all attributes somewhere ?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
3 Questions:

1) Can jump number be changed?

2) Do I have to change it in the attributes? If no - where else ?

3) What attribut is it xD?

4) Not really a question, more a request: I want to give 10 Air-Jumps, if its not easy and a hexideximal number or something like that could you please give it too me ?

5) thx :)

Well another thing: Is there maybe a complete list of all attributes somewhere ?
yes, it's possible
don't remember how though

example of a 12 jump falcon here: WTFalcon

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
since Project SA uses the .pac files, what do i do if i want to use effect textures, like Marth's glowing sword, which also uses the title FitMarth.pac? Would it be possible to use both the texture effect and a PSA version of Marth (like the new Roy)? where does that leave Brawl+, wich also uses .pac files?

a side question, would it be possible to make a clone of a character? i mean, is there a code to have two copys of a character? Will I be able to play marth v.s. Roy (one marth using PSA, one without)?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
since Project SA uses the .pac files, what do i do if i want to use effect textures, like Marth's glowing sword, which also uses the title FitMarth.pac? Would it be possible to use both the texture effect and a PSA version of Marth (like the new Roy)? where does that leave Brawl+, wich also uses .pac files?

a side question, would it be possible to make a clone of a character? i mean, is there a code to have two copys of a character? Will I be able to play marth v.s. Roy (one marth using PSA, one without)?
- No.

- It is being worked on. It will be available in the near future, I believe.

zac_attack_1992

Smash Rookie
Question:
Ok I am new to the whole Project SA and I do not understand it very well but, can someone make use the Brawl+ Fits for the pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charzard) and add a Down-B move but, only for there independent state and when you pick the Pokemon Trainer still be able to change in between all of the? If you cant do that is there away to add a Down-B move to them and they can use it instead of change pokemon and then when they die change to the next pokemon?

Thanks,
Zac_Attack_1992

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Question:
Ok I am new to the whole Project SA and I do not understand it very well but, can someone make use the Brawl+ Fits for the pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charzard) and add a Down-B move but, only for there independent state and when you pick the Pokemon Trainer still be able to change in between all of the? If you cant do that is there away to add a Down-B move to them and they can use it instead of change pokemon and then when they die change to the next pokemon?

Thanks,
Zac_Attack_1992
Wrong thread. Don't necro really old stuff >.>

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this works fine with the pt characters, right? (posted in the other PSA thread, and realized that there was a Q&A one) :p

i'd like to highlight the collision bubbles!

edit

just realized that this thread is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally old so i guess i was right all along x)

shanus

Smash Hero
this works fine with the pt characters, right? (posted in the other PSA thread, and realized that there was a Q&A one) :p

i'd like to highlight the collision bubbles!

edit

just realized that this thread is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally old so i guess i was right all along x)
Doing this to PT would be a royal PIA, as you would have to use modded PSA 1.3 by Dantarion. 1.3 is very buggy and on random saves results in files which increase in size by only a few Kb and result on crashing your wii at the character select screen.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but is it possible now to use character specific effects on other characters?
I would like to use some of Lucario's "Blue Aura" SFX on my Dark Samus. There's only a couple universal Darkness SFX and some of them, IMO, look pretty bad.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i don't see why not, just find the SFX ID and paste it in, try it out i have no idea if it works.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You'd have to use the custom SFX engine that PW posted recently, although I'm not sure that that works with many other codes.

Simply pasting the ID of another character's SFX will result in a mute move unless the character you stole the ID from is also in the match, as Brawl won't load the actual sound effect otherwise.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
looks like it's been a while since this has been used, but anyway I'll cut to the chase:

in later versions or even right now, is there any other ways to avoid the ****ty file expanding glitch?

aka where you save something and it randomly adds 10 or so kilobytes to the .pac making it usuable cause of file size issues with characters.

cause I saved a link, and did a quick test, and when I saved him with my new add ons which weren't very much other than damage and priority changes and a couple of taunt moves, boosted the file size by 10 kb... I then got annoyed and tried various ways to go around it such as not making as many changes and still, got +10kb...later on i tested some more and I made no changes whatsoever to the files I initially had done without the new changes, saved it as which is what everyone is recommending and what I have been doing since I started trying PSA, BOOM I still get an extra 10 kb on my file... it's slightly annoying...

should I simply restart my file (seeing as all the changes are simple) and just lay them all in the file at the same time and hope for the best? or is there another way to avoid this?
cause I am saving as and it just doesn't seem to stop the glitch...

Note that when I do the same test with my kirby which has been farly more edited in terms of animation swaps abilities to gain items etc, nothing happens. it just stays the same file size each time... until I add a little something in which case the max it goes up by 1 kb... wtf? inconsistencies in glitches? or just my computer being annoying?

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
if you mean the new version in the official thread, yes I got it... and that's what I was thinking but it's hard if you want to test it then you think of balancing and more stuff. it's just crazy. -.-

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey guys

I need help, i am fairly new to PSA, so please forgive my newbieness for this.

I wanted to make Marth's Utilt to be his Utaunt with an explosion effect. I found the Graphic ID for that, and it is 3D. I succesfully replaced the Utilt with the Utaunt, and i used Usmash's offensive collisions to give him a hitbox. Now i want it to make an explosion when the sword reaches his highest peek. But i don't know how to do that. I don't know what the bones are for the explosion, so i am a little confused. Here is what i got now in the main section:

I also don't get the speed modifier, i changed the parameter to ''scalar'', and i've put in there "1.4", but it automatically changes back to 0 if i press done. Please someone help me ;-;.

NNID
Budget_Player
Is there a list of special angles anywhere? Like, I heard B4 was towards your character, 10E is spike, 169 is just something bizarre I have no idea about... What else is there?

EDIT: Okay seriously WTF is 169? Almost every attack from sonic I've looked at so far has angle 169!

Revven

FrankerZ
BPC: 169 = 361 degrees in dec (so 361 = 169 in hex). Basically what the angle does is that it sends at a higher angle the higher your percent is. So for example, Sonic's Bair, at 0% it hardly sends anywhere but at 50% it may send at a 60º angle and then at 100% an 80º angle (just examples). It also controls whether or not a move trips if and only if the move hits them and they do not get launched off the ground. Ganondorf's Fair has this angle and it can trip, Falcon's flub knee has this angle and it can trip etc. It's not just Sonic, it's the Sakurai angle.

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay. I knew it could trip, but I didn't figure out exactly what it did. Thanks. Are there any other special angles I should know about?
365 degrees (don't know the hex for it at the moment) makes it so all the hits of a move will likely connect (I think...) or it at least helps multi-hit moves.

NNID
Budget_Player
I had a huge monstrous post with a munch of commands from PSA in it but it was gone due to a bad security token. FFFFUUUUU

Anyways, let me just put the TL;DR of it down: what ways are there to put a character into specialfall, how do you put a char into the state after sonic's upB, and if a move doesn't go into specialfall, how can I make it so you can't use it again until you land?

(Also, where the HELL does MK's tornado send you into specialfall? This is just by the side, but I can't figure it out!)

ds22

Smash Lord
I have a problem here.
I want to change this command, Change Action: 0-0, 0-10, 6-0, to something that immobilizes the PSA to use jump moves or Up-B but gives the opportunity to attack.
I know that Sonic and Snake can do this, but I didn't find any useful info in there .pac files.
Does someone know into what I have to change the 0-10 value in the command?
(If this is the wrong thread to post this, I'm sorry.)

Plu-e

Smash Cadet
Hey, this probably isn't the appropriate place to post this; I apologize.

All I want is to just get these new, crazy, PSA Brawl Characters.

But, I don't want to make them or anything, I just want to be able to use them.

I'm not entirely sure how all this downloading works, but if someone could direct me or just explain here, what to do to get these characters on my wii, I'd appreciate it.

*I'm aware not all the characters are in bug-free.
*Could also someone explain/direct me to a link or something explaining the dangers to my wii this may or may not inflict.

Uhm...please?....thanks? @_@

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this probably isn't the appropriate place to post this; I apologize.

All I want is to just get these new, crazy, PSA Brawl Characters.

But, I don't want to make them or anything, I just want to be able to use them.

I'm not entirely sure how all this downloading works, but if someone could direct me or just explain here, what to do to get these characters on my wii, I'd appreciate it.

*I'm aware not all the characters are in bug-free.
*Could also someone explain/direct me to a link or something explaining the dangers to my wii this may or may not inflict.

Uhm...please?....thanks? @_@
Look at the texture guide. Characters are placed in the same folder only remove the numbers at the end. ex: FitMario00.pcs would be FitMario.pac. Just download the character and rename the pac file acordingly. (Characters are pac files. Textures, pcs. You might also need a FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac which is provided with the pac.)

And I don't think there is any danger possible to your wii.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
the kind dedede pac file i always download from links is incomplete in teh subactions... anyone have a complete one that is unedited?

also, can you increase a characters model size? if so, how? also, if you do this will you have to also manually increase collision bubble sizes?

Qarano

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to make a character who can't crawl crawl?

I want to make a joe musashi (from shinobi) character over link, since he has the sword and plenty of articles to work with.

Also, links crouching animation is nearly perfect for joe's crouching animation. So I want to make link be able to crouch walk, using the crawl mechanism. Is this possible to do at the moment?

The reason I did not put this in a tool discussion thread is because I'm not sure which tool would be used, and I want to know if it's possible with any method at the moment.

Top Bottom