• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Because playing against sonic is an utterly unique exercise. New is a trait that he shares with other characters, but his methods of beating you are very very strange.
You can't play against him like he's a regular character with regular skills. When you learn him, you can shut him down if you're good enough of a player.
This 100%. Sonic is far more free than Ike.

:phone:

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
Hello!
I just wanted to say that LUCAS is mad fun to play with!

Also... Are there any vids of someone really good with him?
I've found a lot of cool setups / combos that i never saw before.

First of all, leaving to the player the choice to jump-cancelling an aerial is really interesting: in this way Lucas is pretty awesome at controlling height of his aerial attack (combo = too good) and you can return into the stage WHILE attacking (as opposed to Ness).

His jump cancelled uair is fantastic, having less knockback than Ness's uair turns Lucas in a combo machine even on mid% (and even against non fastfaller) like in smash64 and jump cancelling it is pretty simple: press Y/X -> Up -> A -> L cancel (tap jump on). If you do it right you can't even see it, is damn fast :) (you'll hear the sound!) and is a fantastic setup for a bair or fair.
You can literally carry the opponent from a side to the other with it and then BAM just smack a fair in his face.
His Nair is really good and fast too both offensively and oos.
I've found really usefull even his snake (Z-air?), is a good setup for an aerial (just try it)...

And... i'm astonished :(
I can't find a good use of his PSI magnet, dunno it's too slow compared to the shine (nair is better imho) and has a strange knockback...

Just my 2 cent, but probably you all already knew this stuff :p
Sorry for my bad English x(

cannedbread

Smash Lord
ness can rise while using an aerial too
bur yeah lucas is mad fun
i haven't really found someone really good with him yet
i suggest looking at the lucas boards on smashmods for some ideas (:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
No worries bro, your English is better than some native speakers (in the areas where it counts, at least. :p).

If you want to read up on Lucas tech, I'd recommend going to the character's section on the smashmods.com forum. Iirc, its one of the more active ones.

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
well, with ness you can't attack WHILE double jumping (example: relase from the ledge -> jump -> attack -> ??? :( )

oh! his utilt is a good start for an uair string

and, wavedash to dtilt is one of the best way to take advantage of that long wavedash :)

if someone is interested (I doubt it) i have a little video for some b&b combos / setup...

edit: already visited it, but i forgot my old password :p maybe tomorrow i'll try again

oh and THANKS a lot for P:M, playing a smash game like this and discovering new at/combos/setup is like watching for the first time something like azen vs anden or bombomsoldier vs ken of the old days

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
oh, you can hold jump even with him?! x_x
sorry guys :'(
I didn't even tried him that much just Lucas and Snake !!!

Rat

Smash Lord
I see.. You aren't as good as Vro huh? Being humble like that can usually throw off some people. Well.. That will not work, now that I know you are probably very good, maybe even as good or better.. i don't know but I'm definitely going over 100% now, you should not have won if you wanted your tactic to work.
He totally uses the humble mindgames, lol. He'll even compliment mid match. wtf .

Also sonic's crazy fun to play. You get to press so many buttons.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wish bowser bomb didn't edgeguard DK for free.....and kill him at 70%

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I just had an epiphany. Footstooling will probably be amazing for characters with DJCs (like it is for peach). Lucas/Ness mains, get on it.

Life

Smash Hero
I just had an epiphany. Footstooling will probably be amazing for characters with DJCs. Lucas/Ness mains, get on it.
Nice thought.

Can Marth footstool to tipper dair btw? I think it was a thing in vbrawl

Footstool is good in this game if you set it to the shoulder button you don't shield with.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just had an epiphany. Footstooling will probably be amazing for characters with DJCs (like it is for peach). Lucas/Ness mains, get on it.
Actually, I think someone did a video about Peach's options out of footstool, notably FC'd Nair.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I just had an epiphany. Footstooling will probably be amazing for characters with DJCs. Lucas/Ness mains, get on it.
There are very few times when Footstooling is of more benefit than simply hitting with an attack due to the fact that footstools can only occur when you are in a specific region above the opponent, meaning you have to jump over them while they are still in hitstun, then use the footstool before they come out of it. Almost no attacks set up for this situation since most knock the opponent quite high, with more force than most jumps offer. This is why most juggles consist of up-air strings; they're the only things that can come out fast enough while rising up to a stunned opponent.

Marth can still footstool dair, but it is much less possible now that there aren't Phantom Footstools.

Actually, I think someone did a video about Peach's options out of footstool, notably FC'd Nair.
It was indeed me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx964G4H6dA&feature=plcp

It's easier to Footstool->Float if you use Y for Jump and X for footstool, but my muscle memory has me set in using X Jumps.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I saw a lot of people at the tourney yesterday doing that even though next to none of them were using it. Reflex KO'd others on numerous occasions with it if he's not already using that damn Nair lol.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Sonic is a strange character, he has attributes not common to any other character in smash. You can't fight him like you would normally do against other characters.

Well, the results are a very fun character to play, but quite frustrating to go against.

iLink

Smash Champion
Hello!
I just wanted to say that LUCAS is mad fun to play with!

Also... Are there any vids of someone really good with him?
I've found a lot of cool setups / combos that i never saw before.

First of all, leaving to the player the choice to jump-cancelling an aerial is really interesting: in this way Lucas is pretty awesome at controlling height of his aerial attack (combo = too good) and you can return into the stage WHILE attacking (as opposed to Ness).

His jump cancelled uair is fantastic, having less knockback than Ness's uair turns Lucas in a combo machine even on mid% (and even against non fastfaller) like in smash64 and jump cancelling it is pretty simple: press Y/X -> Up -> A -> L cancel (tap jump on). If you do it right you can't even see it, is damn fast :) (you'll hear the sound!) and is a fantastic setup for a bair or fair.
You can literally carry the opponent from a side to the other with it and then BAM just smack a fair in his face.
His Nair is really good and fast too both offensively and oos.
I've found really usefull even his snake (Z-air?), is a good setup for an aerial (just try it)...

And... i'm astonished :(
I can't find a good use of his PSI magnet, dunno it's too slow compared to the shine (nair is better imho) and has a strange knockback...

Just my 2 cent, but probably you all already knew this stuff :p
Sorry for my bad English x(
I'm not too amazing, but I got a match up of me using Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7f34ZTU0Xg#t=10m42s

Most of my psi magnet setups involve fairs and such. Couldn't do too much heavy comboing because luigi is weird as hell to combo and kind of risky to djc aerials on him all the time.

abcool

Smash Ace
Here it is guys. This sonic is the truth no lie. http://youtu.be/KR6Aq-43Et0

@Reflex i saw your match, man you played like you know nothing about Spacies at all. Please remember you can CG them with Wario and even combo them VERY hard. It didn't look like a bad matchup at all.

iLink

Smash Champion
Not trying to belittle your win

It's just with a buffer window that large, your definitely more frame safe and consistent with stuff like wavedash out of spin dashes and such.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It was decided legal unless results had proven it to be a bit too advantageous. TO said afterward that he'll probably establish a limit or outright ban it. I never got the impression that wizzrobe was dependent on it though.

I used around 3-5 frames of buffer but I use Link/Tink so at best it made Bomb Jumps easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom