• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
the only thing i dont see enough lucarios use is downB. That move is so damn good, especially for damn cross-ups. You see a buffered roll coming? Down+B (and if you have a charge and predict that, its free anything). Altneratively, you could also do a reverse charged usmash if they roll behind you. Or a aura sphere shield + jump cancel bair/etc.

I think there are a lot of options here that most people don't even think about and stick with cookie-cutter combos. That isn't where lucario's real potential is.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
No offense taken, I'm not trying to say Zac is an amazing Lucario player or anything lol. Hes really not a technical player, I'm not sure why he picked Lucario TBH. I'm sure SilentWolf is 100x better.

@Leffen; I'm not trying to argue that Lucario is good/bad. In my first post on the matter I said I don't think its broken or anything, just silly (and IMO lazy design). I do have experience against other Lucarios, but thats not really relevant anyways; I'm not trying to say "OMG these Lucarios are too good nerf them so I can win plz", I'm just looking at his moves on paper.

You cannot hitconfirm dash attack/single jab to make it unrollable (depending on when dash attack hits/at what range jab hits side B will not hit, UTD zac missed cause of this reason 10 times in 3 matches)

Hit confirming isn't really required. You can just do the move, and press overB when you expect it to connect; if it did, palm comes out, and if it missed, nothing happens.

A connected dash attack will sometimes not combo into palm, yes.

I'm pretty sure palm's grab range is just about the same range as jab, though, I can't recall ever seeing it whiff because of range. Proof to the contrary?

Also, staleness make them rollable.

Are you sure about this? When I tested I did each 4-5 times in a row, and that was after doing a couple to get the timing down.

And adding to this, you could still roll out and make his jab whiff, and you can always always always spotdodge.

Agreed, preemptive rolling is the best way to get out. Spotdodging could make the jab whiff, yes, but that leaves you in a pretty bad situation afterwards. If they try jab -> palm and you spotdodge the jab, they can always just continue the jab combo and palm from there. Option selects, etc.

shanus

Smash Hero
Also super palm on the ground kills so early, if people don't use it they simply have been ignoring one of his best kill moves

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm of the mindset that lucario builds damage easily enough, so use your meter get your kills. that means, either directly (spirit bomb, ex force palm) or indirectly (using up/sideb cancels to lead into smashes that can kill).

i also agree that his asc off aerials is underutilized. working on that, but it's really hard when my access to humans is inconsistent. it's really mean to get someone off the ledge then go fair-asc-nair-asc- jump back to ledge.

it's also really mean to upb into the ledge against a link recovering from below. lucario has another (reeeeeaaaaally sketchy and situational) spike.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
if you guys feel like a character is porrly designed or broken or what have you, remember this is a demo, and so the game is always evolving. we're always willing to listen to advice about how to make something in the game better, provided there is civility involved..

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Lol screw that xD

Toph had something that was hella tight. Gotta ask him what it was called. It was just a small box (maybe 3 times as thick as an iphone and a bit longer) with red white yellow inputs and a record button at the top that was free from PC use lol
Came to say it was a Pinnacle Video Transfer, but I see standardtoaster already answered the question hahah.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
i also agree that his asc off aerials is underutilized. working on that, but it's really hard when my access to humans is inconsistent.
How close are you to Plano? I hold smashfests every wednesday at me and Zac's place with Project M on the main set up ;)

if you guys feel like a character is porrly designed or broken or what have you, remember this is a demo, and so the game is always evolving. we're always willing to listen to advice about how to make something in the game better, provided there is civility involved..
Thats why I wanted to bring it up :) <3 the PM team

CORY

wut
BRoomer
How close are you to Plano? I hold smashfests every wednesday at me and Zac's place with Project M on the main set up ;)
not very, but it's close enough. i hang out with drew quite often : p

the main problem is, i work til midnight through the week, so i can't do anything except on weekends, sadly. def making your next bowser's revenge, barring crazy circumstances.

you gonna be at akon this weekend? whole dkrew's going to be there.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I gotcha. As long as I'm free I'm down to play (which is all sundays and a lot of saturdays), so if you ever want to come get some practice in just let me know.

Yeah, I'll be at A-kon. I swapped numbers with Drew at Bowser's Revenge. If I bring my old MOAST3 advertisement, would you guys sign it? =D

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the only thing i dont see enough lucarios use is downB.
I agree, i haven't really seen anyone use it correctly. I use command dash a lot after landed hits, makes moves so much safer. It can also be used for jab resets.

also, super up-b has some uses onstage, like grounded up-b>grab/d-smash

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I gotcha. As long as I'm free I'm down to play (which is all sundays and a lot of saturdays), so if you ever want to come get some practice in just let me know.

Yeah, I'll be at A-kon. I swapped numbers with Drew at Bowser's Revenge. If I bring my old MOAST3 advertisement, would you guys sign it? =D
awesome, we'll have to get you guys up to our room at some point to hang out.

and i'd totally sign it! i can't speak for everyone else, but i'm sure they'd be down, too!

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Lame, the one year I don't go to A-Kon, good Smash players attend... Every year I went, the people there that I played against didn't play Melee that well and the last few years only wanted to play Brawl. I decided not to go this time.

I'm from Lubbock FYI, or I'd come play with you guys... bit too far of a drive for me to make consistently lol.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
wolfs nair is the godliest thing. shine -nair -shine - nair x infinity works wonders. i love what youve done with wolf

odinNJ

Smash Lord
most likely yeah, but he still comboes well regardless of it being semiescapable

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
awesome, we'll have to get you guys up to our room at some point to hang out.

and i'd totally sign it! i can't speak for everyone else, but i'm sure they'd be down, too!
Legiiiit

Lame, the one year I don't go to A-Kon, good Smash players attend... Every year I went, the people there that I played against didn't play Melee that well and the last few years only wanted to play Brawl. I decided not to go this time.

I'm from Lubbock FYI, or I'd come play with you guys... bit too far of a drive for me to make consistently lol.
Brawl usually takes over the game room as far as smash is concerned, it'll probly be the same this year. I'm going just to hang out with people.

If you're interested in coming up to Dallas for Project M though, you should check out Bowser's Revenge 2 ;)

CountOlaf

Smash Cadet
Sorry to bother, but I couldn't really find help for this problem with the demo. I just downloaded it, and tried to play it with gc controllers, but it doesn't seem to work. Only the wii-mote I used to boot up the system seems to work. Any advice?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Sorry to bother, but I couldn't really find help for this problem with the demo. I just downloaded it, and tried to play it with gc controllers, but it doesn't seem to work. Only the wii-mote I used to boot up the system seems to work. Any advice?
Did you try using your controllers with Gamecube games? It might be a controller problem.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
are you using the non homebrew option?
if so idk,
but if you are using the hombrew option use the GC controller to launch gecko, sometimes if you launch it with the wiimote it clitches.
If this is specific to my controllers than just ignore me

iLink

Smash Champion
Ok so I figured out something weird with Lucario

If I'm playing on Dracula's Castle, I can waveland at the end of his usmash if I don't jump cancel it. This only seems to work on the base of DC.

PropaneTankHank

Smash Rookie
This seemed to be an issue for some people with demo 1, along with a few in demo 2. It seems to be an issue with Gecko OS, so maybe try redownloading/reinstalling and see if that works. If not, I'm not sure if anyone has found a fix yet, so your only other option may have to be homebrewing your Wii. Hope someone has found a solution for this since demo 2 came out, but I haven't heard any.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Leffen it's crazy how you always get hated on.

Does anyone know if you can cancel DK's fully charged giant punch now ?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Leffen it's crazy how you always get hated on.
There's this line of ****ishness that must occur.

If you're not at LEAST as much of a **** as Mow, you're going to get hated on for being a ****.

Beyond that, you're too much of a **** to hate.

Leffen needs to take some lessons, improve his hate factor to become cool.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I'd like there to be an icon next to a users name that can represent your PM main (like there is for the other games), but MLG doesn't like hacks...

Maybe the icon could be titled "Favorite Smash Character", but everyone would just treat it as a PM slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom