• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I see Lucario can use EX moves with Z+B. I understand Z works like A in the air but he can use the grounded version too.

I find it somewhat easier to use Z+B since we're all so used to pressing shoulder buttons.

Magus420

Smash Master
This brings up a few more questions, though. How does the timing for downB compare? Can I do that on reaction, or is it still a few frames off? I know downB is the ideal way to finish a Dthrow CG, so it'd be cool if it was the same for a sideB.

What if instead of doing the sideB on reaction, I just sideB in front as soon as I see that they've teched? This seems like it would work on techroll away or tech in place, and would remove the 9 frame window they have to escape. The only downside would be sacrificing a followup with DI behind tech in place, or techroll behind.

I'd work this out myself, but I don't have access to the frame data for PM. And I've always found it much more natural to learn the timings for things from frame data rather than playing the game.
If you start the down-b by the 13th landing frame you can catch no tech and tech in place (if they DIed the side-b to that side of Ganon) and tech roll to that side, but that doesn't allow enough time to identify the tech rolls. You'd still be best looking for which side they land on rather than what they're doing on landing and picking down-b in that direction for the no tech, tech stand, and tech roll (getting all but tech roll through you).

Doing the side-b forward when you see a tech could barely work on tech roll if you react very fast and it's short, but it will be slightly too slow to get tech in place (choice reaction + 17 to grab would be more than 26). I forgot to mention how side-b on reaction is also too slow for tech stands in the previous post.

Ganon doesn't really move fast enough on those moves for chases on reaction. He's just good at covering multiple options with his moves (d-smash, down-b, side-b). Closest thing to reaction techchase with him I'd think would involve like dash attack (covers more ground quicker than melee) for short tech rolls and grab/jab on their tech stand/no tech.

Overall, from a grounded side-b instead of chasing with another grounded side-b I'd rather be using down-b/d-smash for best option coverage and/or reward (and conditioning them into doing tech rolls since you'll hit the no tech/tech stand everytime with these moves), or in some cases following with an aerial side-b (will cover a DI front/back -> tech in place and tech roll in that direction) for comboing into JC grab on floaties and otherwise can be weird to tech and puts them in a better spot in front of you compared to grounded.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was thinking downB/Dsmash would be best if you couldn't get another sideB. They each cover a lot of options, and they're what I use in Melee. This new sideB just has me wanting to experiment with it as much as possible.

His dash attack has seemed decent for tech chases. Have you tried tech chasing with his DACUS? It might give you the speed necessary for a techchase, but getting the distance right would be tough. Well, not that tough. Just tougher than a dash attack.

I was practicing CGing Lucas today. It's so good. It's not quite as fun as the Falco CG from Melee, though. I haven't tried to do that CG in PM, but I hope it's still in.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You could work really really hard on never letting him get a grab on you. Or mix up DI in the hopes that he'll mess up.

Or you could work on your Pit. That's probably the best option.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Trust me - I'm as pure a Lucas as there will likely be.

This is the first time I've been so frustrated in a MU, and to my knowledge, it's the only one I will be. No one else in Demo 2 feels so rough on my little boy.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Because I spent a couple goes on the CG. It's really really easy to pull off, and unless you make a mistake (which is tough, because it's a really easy CG), it's a guaranteed KO. Obviously, the Lucas has to let you get a grab, but once they do it's a KO. It's like wobbling, only wobbling requires a desync.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I've been a Pikachu only player for the entirety of my Smash life. P:M is the first game where I've felt compelled to work on a secondary due to every character being amazing and the bad MUs for Pikachu becoming that much harder. Overall it's the easier thing to do, plus when you secondary a character you also become good at playing against that character too.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The good thing about PM is my Melee secondary (Kirby) will be viable.

I kind of want ROB as a secondary too. The more I play him, the more I like him.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh word? GnW can get out of Ganon's dthrow CG after 30?

Time to try this MU out some more, then. Sucks that that's still about 1/2 of a stock though.

iLink

Smash Champion
Anyone got any fitting music recommendations for Skyloft? I just can't think of anything.

leffen

Smash Champion
it's just really he's disrespectful for no reason. yeah it's the internet etc. but he's kind of a **** in the way he goes about debating things. there are plenty of people i disagree with on many things but don't really mind because they disagree in a respectful manner. leffen's posting style is just rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious. look around for posts by KirbyKaze, Dr Peepee, Armada, Cactuar, etc. and you'll hardly ever see petty insults or whatever, and it's part of the reason they're respected. you don't gain respect by being an *******, no matter how accurate your information is.

and if you respect peoples opinion just because they "disagree in a respectful manner" it just means that you prefer sugarcoated wrongs over disrespectful truths.

I could go and say "yes jabx2 is good but not broken" like a respectful person would and I wouldn't get hated as much but that is not the TRUTH. The truth is that Sethlon doesn't know jack **** about jabx2 and while rude, I'm sure as hell not gonna hold myself back and let his bull**** slide.

Also, KK and Cactuar are both extremely disrespectful at times, just like me. The difference is that when I see someone bull****ting, I write whats wrong AND why they
came to the wrong conclusion (because they are a terrible player etc)

And so, @Sethlon
I'm just looking at his moves on paper.
Please. All of your arguments where based on anecdotal evidence. Not only that, but didn't even correctly remember what happend. You were adamant about jabjabx2 not being escapeable because "I felt like I buffered"...

"Hit confirming isn't really required. You can just do the move, and press overB when you expect it to connect; if it did, palm comes out, and if it missed, nothing happens.

A connected dash attack will sometimes not combo into palm, yes.
I'm pretty sure palm's grab range is just about the same range as jab, though, I can't recall ever seeing it whiff because of range. Proof to the contrary?"
THINK. "You cannot hitconfirm dash attack/single jab to make it unrollable "
You cannot react to either the jab or the dash attack hitting. If you hit jab and press side b where if it hits, it'll be "unrollable" (fresh only) and they aren't close, your side b will whiff (jab pushes them away and the grab hitbox is smaller... utd missed this too)

If you use dash attack, you will not be able to react to WHEN it hits. You need to side B during the first frames of you hitting your opponent shield for it to be unrollable.
This means that you have to guess exactly what frame you'll hit your opponent and you have to hope that they shield. If they get hit by the dash attack, you'll whiff the side B and they get a free punish (you did this several times vs UTD). You cannot even time the Side B according to where you hit your dash attack, since you're trying to make it unrollable.
Are you sure about this? When I tested I did each 4-5 times in a row, and that was after doing a couple to get the timing down.
Yes and moves don't stale if you hit shields...
.Spotdodging could make the jab whiff, yes, but that leaves you in a pretty bad situation afterwards. If they try jab -> palm and you spotdodge the jab, they can always just continue the jab combo and palm from there. Option selects, etc.
I'm talking about spotdodging after the jab, which makes him whiff a side b, NOT spotdodging before the jab.
You can spotdodge the dash attack tho

will you please just realize that you were wrong lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
]Also, KK and Cactuar are both extremely disrespectful at times, just like me. The difference is that when I see someone bull****ting, I write whats wrong AND why they
came to the wrong conclusion (because they are a terrible player etc)]
No, the difference is that they each have a silly name, so it adds a bit of humor to their posts, making them seem not as offensive. Your name isn't as silly, so there isn't that little bit of humor, meaning that if you and KK said the exact same thing, what you said would come off more offensively.

The same thing goes for PP. With a name like that, it's impossible to get mad at anything disrespectful he says.

Also, KK is a Digimon fan. That counts for a lot.

iLink

Smash Champion
There's a tournament here in Norcal being planned specifically for project:m

As of now, this is what I know:

Christopher Solis:

**** it. I'll do it first. I'm planning a project M Tournament in San Francisco (Bay Shore) area on July 13th or 14th. Live stream sponsored by Google. Who wants to help me make hype for the community? I would really need to get 50 people to make Google happy.

---

The Event is called CGC's Project M Nor Cal Regionals [Event #41].

---

The venue is confirmed. It houses an ISP. ATT is THEIR consumer. The live stream will be god like.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
why doesnt leffen understand that being rude isnt going to make people want to listen to him?
Just because its the truth doesnt mean you cant make it good to hear./tactfulness
and tactfulness doesnt change the truth.
and thats the truth.

G

genkaku

leffen assumes that the content of his messages are more important than how he dresses them up.
He's right, you know.
Ignoring leffen may bring you one step closer to a fuzzy happy smashboards, but it's also one step farther from winning matches.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
His posts are mostly direct and informative. If the content is more important, then he should ditch the attitude and leave just the facts.

You can be all kinds of right, but being rude will do you no favors.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think Leffen's avatar represents him perfectly.

It's a Yoshi, because he plays Yoshi. He's like:

"Yo, I'm a badass dinosaur. I beat people up in Jurassic Park fighting games. I know a lot about this game, and I'm good at it, which is why I'm able to play Yoshi. If you listen to me, you'll understand just how to be good at it."

But the look on the Yoshi's face tells you what attitude his posts are going to have.

"If you don't, I'm going to turn you into an egg and push you off a cliff. Then I'll MM you in a Jurassic Park fighting game, because did I mention I'm good at those? Because I'm actually a Dinosaur irl. Then once I've taken all your money from the MM, I'm going to turn other people into eggs and throw them at you. Word."

iLink

Smash Champion
So I'm trying to help the TO kick-start the tournament. One thing we are wondering is what everyone's opinion is on the ideal stagelist. This is general draft of what we got:

Starters:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

CP:
Dracula's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Warioware Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Ban/CP:
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Kongo Jungle
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Skyloft

Doubles Starter/CP:
Hyrule Castle
SSE Jungle

Doubles Ban:
Metal Cavern
Skyloft (due to lag with 4 players)

We are also doing some discussing on the buffer. Personally I don't really want it but there are some players that have expressed it should be a choice, like how button configurations are. What's your take on this?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The PMBR is reconsidering the matter in light of recent public debate but our current stance is simply that we recommend it be turned off for tourneys to give us more consistent and valuable balance feedback -- but that it is ultimately the TO's call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom