• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well isn't that dandy, my wii decides to not want to read disks anymore and my external hard drive's cable is torn. This all happened in the span of 3 days.

:I

EDIT: Would brawl fit on an 8GB flash drive?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Acknowledging all the awesomeness (Lucas ftw), I still can't help but find Tink's new Nair ANIMATION completely out of place and jarring. Tink just has no place using his tiny feet for anything offensive.

So I'm wondering, why was a sex kick chosen instead of a sex stab?
Keep the exact same functionality, duration, range, etc, but have him use his sword instead of his foot. It would look and feel more natural to the character.

Is the problem that the sword would have a disjointed hitbox, giving the move too much priority and making it too good?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Shadic, I've read those posts before and I went ahead and read them all again (and the next 5 pages since that starting point) to see if I missed something.

All your responses were verbatim "it looks fine" or "it will look even better in demo 2, we've already improved it a lot". But that wasn't my question.

I asked why you chose the kick instead of the stab to begin with. No one's addressed that yet. You guys put all that work in the sex kick animation instead of trying to keep in line with Toon Link and put the work into a sex stab animation. How come?

When people voiced that idea way back when, why did it go completely unheard before you put all the work in? Why were you exclusively devoted to the kick from the start and why are you completely unwilling to modify that down the line? If it's just aesthetic but one is more in line with the character you are playing, then why not?

Obviously you guys won't do it any time soon. It would be too much work and there are more important things to do etc etc etc. But the original question still stands.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Shadic, I've read those posts before and I went ahead and read them all again (and the next 5 pages since that starting point) to see if I missed something.

All your responses were verbatim "it looks fine" or "it will look even better in demo 2, we've already improved it a lot". But that wasn't my question.

I asked why you chose the kick instead of the stab to begin with. No one's addressed that yet. You guys put all that work in the sex kick animation instead of trying to keep in line with Toon Link and put the work into a sex stab animation. How come?

When people voiced that idea way back when, why did it go completely unheard before you put all the work in? Why were you exclusively devoted to the kick from the start and why are you completely unwilling to modify that down the line? If it's just aesthetic but one is more in line with the character you are playing, then why not?

Obviously you guys won't do it any time soon. It would be too much work and there are more important things to do etc etc etc. But the original question still stands.
Please crawl in a hole and die. kthx :awesome:

No, but really: The nair animation is perfectly FINE.
First off, do you really believe that the PMBR is going to spend hours custom tailoring an animation that you plus 5 other people (at most) would like to see them test? Do you really think that they would spend time writing multiple paragraphs as to WHY they make decisions that YOU (+5others@most) disagree with even though 90% of what the PMBR does is a matter of opinion and generally makes the right decisions? :awesome:

2ndly, Have you ever played Young Link? If your answer is: "No." Then I'mdone. If your answer is: "Yes, and it still looks weird to me" then you need to know that a sex-stab would look much more "jarring" in motion being SHFFL'd at high speeds multiple times.

YES: Toonlink's body looks disproportionate in comparison to the rest of his "toon-proportion'd body" when you Nair, pause the game, and zoom in on Toonlink.
NO: The animation doesn't look weird when it's in motion.
IN MOTION. HENCE: ANIMATION

I'm really sorry if I offend you, but no matter how much anyone disagrees, toonrinku will NOT get a sex-stab. And the reason why, is:

because melee.

EDIT:
LOLdontcountonit.

project:m2, here we come.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Please crawl in a hole and die. kthx :awesome:

No, but really: The nair animation is perfectly FINE.
First off, do you really believe that the PMBR is going to spend hours custom tailoring an animation that you plus 5 other people (at most) would like to see them test? Do you really think that they would spend time writing multiple paragraphs as to WHY they make decisions that YOU (+5others@most) disagree with even though 90% of what the PMBR does is a matter of opinion and generally makes the right decisions? :awesome:

2ndly, Have you ever played Young Link? If your answer is: "No." Then I'mdone. If your answer is: "Yes, and it still looks weird to me" then you need to know that a sex-stab would look much more "jarring" in motion being SHFFL'd at high speeds multiple times.

YES: Toonlink's body looks disproportionate in comparison to the rest of his "toon-proportion'd body" when you Nair, pause the game, and zoom in on Toonlink.
NO: The animation doesn't look weird when it's in motion.
IN MOTION. HENCE: ANIMATION

I'm really sorry if I offend you, but no matter how much anyone disagrees, toonrinku will NOT get a sex-stab. And the reason why, is:

because melee.
Yawn, same response you gave to Cube so many pages ago is same response, Daze.

This is Toon Link, not Young Link. Simple. Learn the difference before you repeat yourself a third time. PM Bowser is different from Melee Bowser by miles. PM Toon Link is diferent from Melee Young Link by lightyears. And the PMBR has already embraced that. Your turn, mate.
As an extension of that embrace, and deliberately choosing not to reinstate YL in PM, the sex stab should at least have been given consideration. It's called polish. The PMBR stated in their very first ever post that they wanted "to put out a polished product".

Yes the current iteration of TL sex kick is polished in the sense that it works fine and it looks "fine", but it still doesn't look "right". See the difference? Polished TL would be TL - TL has never used his feet.

You haven't even considered the alternative, Daze. You, like the "more than 5 others" are just happy playing a functioning game in apathy. That's cool, but if you don't give two rats ***** about a move's appearance so long as its functionally works how you want it to, then don't spit on those of us who do care when our suggestions wouldn't impact you in any way.

EDIT: SHFFL'd sex stab would look AWESOME. It would look gumby and uncoordinated.... just like Toon Link! Fancy that.

Metà

Smash Master
could you not find a more significant issue to argue about? like seriously, you know this game is too good when all you can find to nitpick is some little animation issue that has no impact on the game's function whatsoever

Alopex

Smash Ace
could you not find a more significant issue to argue about? like seriously, you know this game is too good when all you can find to nitpick is some little animation issue that has no impact on the game's function whatsoever
You always notice that insignificant scrape on your brand new car. Doesn't change the functionality of the car in any way, but you'll do your damn best to get rid of it. Why? Well, I mean, lookatit amirite?

Same logic.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the current nair doesn't look bad at all and it works perfectly fine. a sword stab with sex-kick properties would just look awkward imo.

Edit: I took a good look at the animation and it doesn't just look "not bad", it looks really good actually.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^

LOLmad, alopex?

Yawn, heard your animation crying so many pages ago from cube. You said it yourself, toonlink is polished. And saying that your suggestions don't impact me in any way means that your suggestions will never be considered. Legitimate suggestions DO impact me- a great deal, really. Especially when it's about my main. Why? Because all suggestions, regardless of whether they are good or bad are considered by PMBR. Do you main toonlink? Does it impact you in any way?

Either way, your sex-stab animation fantasies aren't happening. The work on his nair animation has been done.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
can u guys plz fix Falcon's moonwalk and include it in the patch? you literally have to be right next to the ledge to be able to moonwalk>ledge

also, are get-up attacks not melee sized in the demo? I can't help but feel like i get hit from further away when trying to dash-dance>grab. These timings are second nature to me so i don't know if it's animations throwing me off, or actual frame data/hitbox differences

G

genkaku

oh good, it's not just me.
I was wondering why I sucked at moonwalking as falcon all the sudden.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's impossible for a sex stab to have the same functionality as a sex kick. Swords don't have hurtboxes.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also Rabbits don't pur.

The race to finish PM before Sakurai finishes SSB4 has begun.

Even if SSB4 ends up lacking, it WILL give the Brawl hackers a LOT of PSA ideas.

I just hope it doesn't result in Project B.

Dammit I need to learn PPC Asm.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
The PMBR have a lot more important things to do than fix animations that aren't even all that bad. You'll have to realize that you're in the vast minority. This alone will make your suggestion/complaint/concern/whatevertf you kids call it these days not important. The fact is, the animation is not bad at all. If you think this looks strange, a sex stab wouldn't really be much better.

Plus disjointed hitboxes. Do you want a lingering Jiggly-bair for toon link?

Darkji

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to play Project M with Alternate Stage Loader or Stage roster expansion ?

I tried with ASL by compiling 2 .gct into one but I can't get it working.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
So i'm a PAL player and i downloaded the demo 2 (Homebrew version) but when i loaded it up with Configurable USB loader. Everything worked fine but the character specific things (Like Charizards new moves) Why is that?

Revven

FrankerZ
So i'm a PAL player and i downloaded the demo 2 (Homebrew version) but when i loaded it up with Configurable USB loader. Everything worked fine but the character specific things (Like Charizards new moves) Why is that?
You need to make sure of the following:

1) You have gameconfig.txt in your SD Card so CFG USB Loader can recognize that you have a .gct that exceeds the normal line limit.

2) SD Card is 2 GB or lower, cannot use SDHC or SD Cards greater than 2 GB

3) Make sure your SD Card was formatted beforehand (or you can do now if the above two things are met) to FAT32 (just the preferred format type).

4) Your file structure for everything is properly set up and can be recognized by the File Patch Code.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is it possible to play Project M with Alternate Stage Loader or Stage roster expansion ?

I tried with ASL by compiling 2 .gct into one but I can't get it working.
Nope. Just use our codeset, sorry.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I think zanx was just asking what you guys have done so far in regards to Samus.
This basically, I just want to know what things you guys have been doing with her as to making her viable. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or asking for things =P But also I love what you guys did with the second demo! It is so fun to play xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom