• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Nevermind you should have just made the link have a question mark but you didn't so I had to myself after 20 minutes of "what the **** is this and why isn't it working," during which I had to browse my history to look at other, correct mediafire links.

Nevermind the nevermind I forgot all your songs were just soft metal songs. Anyone still have the Evergreen+Anima Mundi and Grazing Gazelle under the Moon brstms?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I have to say, great work balancing lucas, he feels amazing now ^^ (I always thought he was broken with that experimental Bair and The Pk Magnet Magnet xP)

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
So, just out of curiosity, which character did you guys need to change the least from Demo 1 to Demo 2?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I haven't been following this thread very closely (because it's huge), so this might have been covered, but is Peach's dsmash supposed to do 70%+ damage uncharged? I don't remember it doing nearly that much damage in Melee, but I haven't played Melee in a long time, and it seems like a lot for a move that's so safe.

Btw, I'm ecstatic that Peach is finally in Project: M. She was one of my favorite Melee characters and I always felt weird playing Project: M without her. I'm also really enjoying Ike in this. He just feels really smooth to me; I guess it's those speed changes.

iLink

Smash Champion
I haven't been following this thread very closely (because it's huge), so this might have been covered, but is Peach's dsmash supposed to do 70%+ damage uncharged? I don't remember it doing nearly that much damage in Melee, but I haven't played Melee in a long time, and it seems like a lot for a move that's so safe.

Btw, I'm ecstatic that Peach is finally in Project: M. She was one of my favorite Melee characters and I always felt weird playing Project: M without her. I'm also really enjoying Ike in this. He just feels really smooth to me; I guess it's those speed changes.
Try not holding down while being hit with it

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Try not holding down while being hit with it
I didn't think I was, but I must have been. I knew it was good, but I always thought it topped out at about 35% uncharged. I guess the player's guide lied to me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I didn't think I was, but I must have been. I knew it was good, but I always thought it topped out at about 35% uncharged. I guess the player's guide lied to me.
I made a series of videos with Peach im Project M if you wanna check them out. It's pretty much a rundown of her and what she is able to do.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Kizzu applied for the pmbr? I used to watch his marth montages like back in '07 lol. hope he makes it in

Ecks

Smash Lord
I can see Ness loosing the ability PK fire shields...it's kind of unneeded
It's a good buff for the move. You know what I don't like about PK fire? Shield reflects can actually reflect the pillar of fire and turn it against you. Try shielding while you're burning and you can do this. CPUs do this all the time. >_>

yeah i know... just wanted to see if they had a higher quality version... i guess i worded myself a bit wierd again...

Edit: So... does anyone know how to replace the song titles?.. is it an easy procedure?..
It's relatively easy, just a bit time consuming. Open (in the info folder) info.pac with brawl box and click on "MiscData[140]" and you'll see a song list to the right. All you have to do now is find the songs and rename them. when you're done, save and export the file to your desktop or wherever since you're not done yet.

Now open info_training.pac and replace the file with the same name as the one you exported, and save. Next, open mu_menumain.pac (in the menu2 folder), look for a file called "MiscData[7]" and, you guessed it, replace it with the file you exported as well.

All of these files are the exact same thing, so you don't have to edit anything. Just replace away.

-Info.pac shows the song names at the start of a battle in pretty much any mode.
-info_training.pac shows the song names at the start of a battle in training mode.
-mu_menumain.pac shows the song names in menus (such as my music).

*Always make a backup of whatever you edit, no matter how insignificant the change.*

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I just placed my Melee disc back in its case......I hadn't done that in years. It felt a little sad tbh :/

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I won the first 3 matches ever that I used Dedede against someone who wasn't a CPU (wifi) >_> His moves work the way that I always expected them to work in Brawl. Dthrow -> ftilt actually makes sense and hits them instead of going right through the opponent's body.

And I don't think that it was just day-1 novelty. I think that Bowser is actually fun to play in this game.

Funny, all the characters that I'm liking now are heavyweights. In Brawl they were all lightweights.

MaxThunder

PM Support
It's a good buff for the move. You know what I don't like about PK fire? Shield reflects can actually reflect the pillar of fire and turn it against you. Try shielding while you're burning and you can do this. CPUs do this all the time. >_>

It's relatively easy, just a bit time consuming. Open (in the info folder) info.pac with brawl box and click on "MiscData[140]" and you'll see a song list to the right. All you have to do now is find the songs and rename them. when you're done, save and export the file to your desktop or wherever since you're not done yet.

Now open info_training.pac and replace the file with the same name as the one you exported, and save. Next, open mu_menumain.pac (in the menu2 folder), look for a file called "MiscData[7]" and, you guessed it, replace it with the file you exported as well.

All of these files are the exact same thing, so you don't have to edit anything. Just replace away.

-Info.pac shows the song names at the start of a battle in pretty much any mode.
-info_training.pac shows the song names at the start of a battle in training mode.
-mu_menumain.pac shows the song names in menus (such as my music).

*Always make a backup of whatever you edit, no matter how insignificant the change.*
Thanks=)...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo how is it teen AND e?

i'd def go with M for Melee tho LOL that was my suggestion back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehKKQfawbM

If you want a high quality picture, I can take one with my USB Gecko. The Screenshot method loses some in-game quality due to conversion.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
^^That's awezome=)...

Ok so i have this empty cover i'm gonna start working with: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091224171646/fantendo/images/0/07/A_Blank_Wii_Cover.png ...

You guys think i should change some of the text on the back?.. and if so, to what?..

Edit: does anyone have that program to change brawl pictures into real pictures at hand?.. i'll need that...
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxnma9ywnmw

Just wanted to say, thanks for all the hard work PMBR!

I tried the demo yesterday (booted up my brawl for the first time in over a year) and I'm impressed with the level of polish you guys have achieved. I won't get a chance to play against human opponents until later tonight but I'm already loving some of the new/rebalanced characters. Pit's wingcar alone gives him so much more options than he ever had in Brawl <3

Good job for getting featured on IGN, I expected some lame copy-paste message like other sites usually do but a full-length feature is amazing! Glad to see this project is finally getting the public attention it deserves.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
yo how is it teen AND e?

i'd def go with M for Melee tho LOL that was my suggestion back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehKKQfawbM

If you want a high quality picture, I can take one with my USB Gecko. The Screenshot method loses some in-game quality due to conversion.

How would you guys feel about a Hand drawn (like brawls cover art) Melee inspired digitally drawn cover? I did some work for PM a while back and everyone seemed to like my work. I'm Matt4300 as I'm sure at least some of you know. I was in the PMBR doing character art before I broke my hand around late 2010.

I'm sure I could do the project justice and make an epic piece of art for the cover.

MaxThunder

PM Support
@Strong_Bad: Yeah i'm gonna go with M for melee... that cover isn't edited yet...

High quality pictures would be nice... I'd prefer to have pictures of different moves from several different angles of every character... And possibly a picture of each character's face...

If that's too much work, then could i send you pictures and have you recreate them in higher quality?..

Also, could i have the "Poject" and the "M" from the logo separately?.. and what's the font you use in game?..

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Alright, after several days of nearly sequential experimentation and inquirendo, I believe that it's finally time for me to give legit feedback on Project:M so far. Foremost, I'd like to give my most valuable thanks to the Project:M team -- the PMBRers -- for every bit of work that's been placed into this striking, and now celebrated mod. Even the less critical details (the CSS and slight modifications to certain characters' animations immediately come to mind) have been thoughtfully addressed, which is, simply put, amazing, considering that you guys aren't asking for a single thing in return (well, assertively, anyway). Due to having been playing the alpha build for over four months, my response will likely include a fair amount of reiteration. So, if you've heard any of this before -- be it on streams, or in half-***** posts -- feel free to pass it off as unimportant (and thus, completely negligible).

The characters that I've taken a solid interest in (so far) are Snake, Lucas, DK, and, of course, DDD. Despite going through copious amounts of practice with multiple other characters, the infamous King Triple-D feels comfortably natural to me. Matter of fact, through constantly playing the other characters I've taken a liking to, I've finally managed to break a lot old and simply horrible habits of mine while playing as D3. Although, even realizing this much, DDD hasn't been the apple of my... rather quixotic eye. Instead, a couple of the newcomers, as well as a certain veteran have given me the grit needed to explore more and more of Project:M.

The first of these characters is Snake. Snake has been a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I have been completely in defiance of using Snake, only choosing him out of boredom or spite; on the other, Snake being a viable contender an environment that is essentially the equivalent of Melee's has piqued my interest. After the release of the second Demo, I've committed several hours to doing nothing but figuring out Snake -- what he's capable of and how to optimize that in actual practice. Sadly, while trying to balance the tenacious grasp that Project:M has on me and 'real' life matters, I haven't been able to get a full night's worth of sleep in a good while. Though, this could be considered a blessing a disguise, as I was able to finish a personal reference grid for Snake's best KO moves (someone has probably already gathered this data somewhere, but meh) and figure out some pretty intriguing applications of Snake's available tools. For instance, crawling under and "Invinci-catching", as I call it, Snake's lobbed grenades is a pretty fun mix-up; by means of the former, Snake is able to clear a bit of room to set up a C4 or mine, and through the latter, the player using Snake can reset their opponent's spacing, without so much as taking a scratch. There are more things that I've been able to mess around with, namely the utility of Snake's Cypher, but it's definitely better that I wait until testing some of this theorycraft to have confidence in its practicability. I can't help but to applaud every person who has at least assisted in Snake's development (hats to you, Vig, for being a great guinea pig for SDo0m <3). He is truly a versatile character with potent, but doubtlessly balanced tools, and I hope that his metagame is able to comfortably grow to its best.

With my full love for Snake being in the open, I'd like to shift the topic of this post to a character who, over time, has been fluctuating between having my highest respect and contempt: Lucas. Lucas is just... I can't really explain what Lucas is. He's... he's a Mother boy, but can, unsurprisingly, imo, whip out some odd and unfitting tricks. (For Christ's sake, the little ****er can even Waveshine Usmash >.>). In spite of this, I would usually only pick Lucas for trolling purposes, showing nothing but disdain towards how he's been made to be. However, after growing bored with most of the cast, I'd began looking into Lucas, steadily gaining esteem for this character again. Lucas is far too easy for my tastes, but his technical depth, ironically, is eluded by his reputation as a character coming from the Mother series. There's a lot of crazy bull**** that Lucas can pull off, just through the utilization of his PSI Magnet. Honestly, I didn't really expect this odd adhesion of Lucas and myself to occur. My only dispute with Lucas is the amount and degree of changes that he's received. While it's indeed a great and profitable idea to "test as many things as possible", some of Lucas's changes over time seemed to be "just for the hell of it". Granted, working from almost nothing is a very difficult, but some of Lucas's past options, such as his Bair that eats shields for lunch, and "Magnet train" seemed to be rather silly and trivial; although, I'm GOING to miss being able to say "Hey bro, give me a hug" after using PSI Magnet ;_;. Really... I'm baffled about whether or not I should even be thanking those who developed Lucas (or should I say, "those responsible for strange his changes"?), as he truly is an enigma. However, I will congratulate you guys on giving birth to such an interesting character. I certainly do look to extensively using Lucas in Project:M

The Melee veterans have returned in [their] shining glory. In the few months that Project:M has been available to me, I've tried out every single returning character, albeit some not for very long. Recently, I've taken fondness in DK, who didn't get literally a single ounce of interest or love from me, in any of the Smash games. Now that DK is finally a worthwhile character to pick up, I have only one thing to say: AH-****ING-ROO. Good job, PMBR. You've turned yet another previously bad character into a fun, balanced, great, and, most importantly not-Zelda character.

oh right, there's supposed to be another paragraph here, once again touching upon how great P:M is as a whole. whatever, whoever decides to read this should get it by this point. sleep is for the weak.

sooo yeah, that's my take on the project so far. and no, i'm not using /collapse tags.

Moreover, congratz on making it to IGN. Looks like you guys are finally moving up in the gaming world. I just hope that my Dragon Balls are functioning correctly...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe JCaesar is attending Zenith and Alex Strife gave him the go-ahead to run a PM tourney. I am trying to attend Impulse, not sure if I'll be able to run a tournament even if I go there though. Lastly, Project M will definitely be an event at MELEE-FC scheduled to take place August 12-14 in South Bend, IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom