• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sure. If you'd like to make some super-attractive ones, feel free. :)
I'd actually do it if you want. I'm pretty good at using GIMP. I already made some of my own better quality ones, although I am using that badass shiny Charizard over the white one from Brawl that is still there (as well as the shiny Lucario over that other blue Lucario). If I fix up the Zelda and Sheik portraits, as well as the Charizard one (since it's slightly grainy), would you want me to PM them to you? Like Ecks said, there is still enough room on the common5.pac for higher quality portraits of Shelda and Zard.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Yes. Although it's very barely noticeable unless you zoom the camera out (like enough that the unrestricted camera hack is required). The fog that covers the stage is a different color in each pac (IIRC there was white, yellow, orange, blue, and one more). But as I said, the differences are so unnoticeable during regular gameplay that nobody actually cares which pac they use as a base for their hacks.
This "fog", is that the same as the blue haze on the SSE Jungle map, that dims the trees the further back they are.

I ask because I made the torvus bog texture for the SSE Jungle, and I was actually going to ask if there was a way to get rid of that blue haze that appears on the trees further in the background.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Congrats on your claim to (growing) fame.

outside of Pokemon Type Wild, OOT2D, Blue Twilight, and Brutal Mario, I don't recall many project based around Nintendo games getting featured articles in Media.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Once I'm allowed to post in Smash Mods, I'm uploading videos of Link.
Also, the fact that he can CG people is hilarious to me.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity is there a list of the neutral stages and counterpicks in demo 2?

If so can someone link it to me, because I can't seem to find an official one.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
oh gawd, I can't go anywhere on the interwebs without hearing about Project M. the publicity it's getting right now is crazy o_O

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This "fog", is that that blue haze on the SSE Jungle map, that dims the trees the further back they are.
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/1385/al11040313471binout.jpg

I ask because I made the torvus bog texture for the SSE Jungle, and I was actually going to ask if there was a way to get rid of that blue haze that appears on the trees further in the background.
Yes, that's the fog. If it's close enough then you may be able to see it on some of the background elements; if it's farther away then everything will be crystal clear until you start zooming out.

This is the guide that you can use for editing fog: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21475.0

The same guide also explains how to edit lighting, if you need that. I like the look of that texture hack so far. Make sure that you don't desynch it with the rain.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@HDT
K thanks for giving me that guide.

I dont know much about desyncs etc, For the rain I replaced ModelData2, I dont know if that has any effect, When I went to preview It literally showed nothing in that model data so that was the one I replaced, it was a static mdl0.

I dont use wifi because you know ****ty internet.

EDIT: Also ya I'm working on a version 2 that has torvus bearer pods and stuff added. Ideally a P:M version.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if people haven't noticed by now the biggest buff that link has IMO is his grab hitting airborne people (like every other grab)

man link is good

i'm gonna have to start playing this more regularly

jalued

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity is there a list of the neutral stages and counterpicks in demo 2?

If so can someone link it to me, because I can't seem to find an official one.
There is no metagame, so your guess is as good as mine :p

The stages that I have on random (and hence neutral or counterpick) are:

BF
FD
Dracula's castle
metal cavern
temple:M
rumble falls
hyrule castle (for a laugh, this is neither counterpick or neutral)
lylat cruise
PS2
PS1
YS
Dreamland
warioware
skyworld
kongo jungle (possibly counterpick now that its smaller)
smashville
FoD
Green Hill Zone

18 stages on a random select, that's pretty good. Sooo much selection. Halberd could be a counterpick i guess, but i'm not a big fan of changing stages.

if people haven't noticed by now the biggest buff that link has IMO is his grab hitting airborne people (like every other grab)

man link is good

i'm gonna have to start playing this more regularly
Haha yeah fox/falco players moaned about marth being able to grab them out of nair approach... I can imagine link will be even better at it
On another note, charizards upsmash and dsmash are both awesome!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
@HDT
K thanks for giving me that guide.

I dont know much about desyncs etc, For the rain I replaced ModelData2, I dont know if that has any effect, When I went to preview It literally showed nothing in that model data so that was the one I replaced, it was a static mdl0.

I dont use wifi because you know ****ty internet.
I'm not sure what's in ModelData2 normally since this is a hacked stage. I just know that rain SHOULDN'T desynch, and yet people always manage to break their stages with it by doing who-knows-what. I feel like I'm only of the only people who tests their stages before posting them =/

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Each Smashville pac actually contains the data for all times of day (yes, even including the K.K. concert). The numbers correspond with which one the Wii loads when you play a match, depending on the Wii's clock. I figured out the times for each of them a long time ago, but I don't have that anymore. If you have one pac that only loads in the morning, then you rename it, then it will play at night. That is why you can use a single Smashville pac and rename it 00-04 to make it load all day, instead of remaking the hack 5 times.

As far as I know, the only differences between the default pacs are the colors of the fog when you zoom out.
Hmmm... for some reason, I only get Beachville during the day, even though I've replaced each .pac with the same Beachville .pac. I don't know why it doesn't load at night. In theory, it should just load all day with minor lighting/fog changes due to the time of day, correct?
I feel like I'm missing something obvious... :o

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hmmm... for some reason, I only get Beachville during the day, even though I've replaced each .pac with the same Beachville .pac. I don't know why it doesn't load at night. In theory, it should just load all day with minor lighting/fog changes due to the time of day, correct?
I feel like I'm missing something obvious... :o
It should work. I've copied the same file 5 times and renamed them and they all worked. What time of day wasn't loading the stage?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Nighttime wasn't for some reason. But I only used 4 of the same .pac... Was I supposed to put a 5th one in there?

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
So...I was able to chaingrab with Bowser's upthrow on my friend last night consistently, no matter how much he DI'd away from me, I was always able to followup with another upthrow and repeat until we reached the edge of the stage. Is he DIing wrong or is this supposed to happen?

a nub

Smash Ace
So...I was able to chaingrab with Bowser's upthrow on my friend last night consistently, no matter how much he DI'd away from me, I was always able to followup with another upthrow and repeat until we reached the edge of the stage. Is he DIing wrong or is this supposed to happen?
on who? cuz in melee that cg does actually work on fastfallers

also any good wario vids out there? I cant find anything for some reason but I do wanna get a better feel for him. tomahawk bite is fun

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if that bowser throw was up throw on a space animal that's exactly what happens in melee, if you di away you set yourself up for a chaingrab, if you do not di away you set yourself up to get hit

Wolfy!

Indecisive
hotdogturtle: Yeah, I forgot 04. *facepalm*

I'll get right on putting that in there. :p

EDIT: DERP. That was the problem all along. Fixed now. <3 Beachville.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
if that bowser throw was up throw on a space animal that's exactly what happens in melee, if you di away you set yourself up for a chaingrab, if you do not di away you set yourself up to get hit
Yeah, he was using Falco. Haha, I had never known that, he was complaining constantly. Sucks to be a space animal against Bowser....wow...did I just say that? *mind explodes*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah just like in melee >_>;;;

no it does not suck to be a space animal against bowser

it does suck to be a player who isn't completely on point with everything you do against bowser though

space animals still have the advantage against him

Starscream

Smash Ace
Hey, I got another little present for you guys.

http://youtu.be/-YINhiB9tuc

---

Also, congrats on getting the attention of ign and more people. It really is a very well done mod, however, I think it's time to re-design the logo so it's more professional looking (no offense to the guy who made it).

Here's something I made looking at the original logo since most people say this is what brawl should have been (Just as an example):

--

Anyway, enjoy the vid and don't forget to rate it =P!
Awesome TAS vid, but more importantly, I hope this replaces the official P:M logo. Sorry PMBR, this just looks better.

Xedi

Smash Cadet
So, does Pit's shield bash not reflect projectiles? Can you make it shield projectiles?
I think it feels a bit funny now, doing the shield bash to protect against an incoming projectile, and getting hit anyway... is this intended?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I seem to be having a bit of a bug with Project M. I tried to load the game, but upon loading, the game asked if I wanted to make a new save file. I said no and, as expected, there were none of the unlocked features on the game. I then tried to load up vBrawl, and it works just fine. I have never had this problem, except with Project M. May someone help me with this? If it helps, I am using Riivolution and the full set GCT.

Never mind: Disregard this. It turns out it was a problem with my modlauncher, which I had apparently set to load a different savefile for Project M. I did this like a year ago, so I did not remember, hence my confusion.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Someone should get working on a Project Melee cover design for our brawl cases. Print it out and replace! Woo!!

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Yes, that is intended. It's not meant to be like his Down B's shield at all despite using the model.
Would you consider making it at least shield? Seeing bob-ombs explode through the shield bash and knock Pit back makes me uneasy.
(I'm only arguing from an aesthetic perspective here; don't construe this as pushing for balance changes!)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Would you consider making it at least shield? Seeing bob-ombs explode through the shield bash and knock Pit back makes me uneasy.
(I'm only arguing from an aesthetic perspective here; don't construe this as pushing for balance changes!)
i don't see anything wrong with it shielding projectiles...so an okay from me

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing wario a lot today and I've been noticing that when I do an L-cancel, he'll occasionally do a roll immediately out of the cancel. I'm fairly certain that isn't supposed to happen.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
minor update, they have uploaded their vids to the smashbrosIGN account on YT.

make sure to subscribe if you didn't for the lulz.

oksas

oak-sauce
i want that texture so badly. i even have the torvus bog brstm on SSE Jungle right now in anticipation. would love to see a fully complete one ^_^

MaxThunder

PM Support
It's there. There are 4 menu songs in My Music. Turn the other 3 off and Stand Up will always play on the CSS.

:phone:
wait... i didn't think you could have more than one song on the CSS... cause no matter what i do, my game plays the brawl theme on CSS... well unless i replace it...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This "fog", is that the same as the blue haze on the SSE Jungle map, that dims the trees the further back they are.

Are you kidding? At least in this image, this is a perfect Torvus Bog. I'd go so far as to say this should be the official stage texture rather than SSE:Jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom