• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? At least in this image, this is a perfect Torvus Bog. I'd go so far as to say this should be the official stage texture rather than SSE:Jungle.
In game it looks worse trust me. The blue trees looks really out of place.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
^^ Im experimenting.

Plus there are other things I want to fix like the shadows the platforms make.....theres no sun.

Also the sky, it isnt an actual repeating texture, so I now used the clouds from Halberd.

leelue

Smash Lord
Uh hi, does ANYBODY know what arre the BGM's that these guys use for the Lucario demonstration on youtube? oh and the bowser demo too, they put amazing music to complement there amazing work
I'm pretty sure that lucario had a song called Foregone Destruction. It's from Unreal Tournament, on one of if not the most memorable fps staged that I've ever played on.

Maxthunder I feel your pain.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I have a small Lucario request

can you make his aura sphere not auto-shoot when it gets fully charged mid air.
It would work better if we could shoot at will.

Edit: oh and I found and easier way to up-b>side-b meteor offstage, without expending meter. It's so good :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
^^ Im experimenting.

Plus there are other things I want to fix like the shadows the platforms make.....theres no sun.
That's a really good point.

Are there any other plans for the stage? Bearerpods? Dimensional storms playing across the sky?

<---- huge Metroid Prime 2 nerd

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Bearer pods for sure. Although 2D....like everything else on the stage.

Funny thing, the only 3D model on that stage is those two giant tree trunks. Everything else is 2D models, even the leaves on that giant tree. I imagine the SSE dumbed down all the stages in it due to the size of them and the sidescrolling nature of the SSE.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
A wild PROBLEM has appeared!

ProjectM won't boot from my stagebuilder anymore :(
And, I honestly have no idea why. Just came back home from school, which before I left home, I used CHEAT-A-CHU to unlock ALL the music (and a bunch of trophies just for kicks and giggles) and now that I'm back home, I try to load up projectM and it shows that it's loading but nothing is happening and I can't go back and as a result, I'm forced to hard power-off my wii. If I try only pressing the power button normally, The screen turns black and I can't do anything.

I am flabbergasted as to why this is. I already went ahead and replaced cheatachu with the regular projectM fitpikachu.pac file. So I'm clueless as to why I'm not able to boot :(

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the music, now that I think about it.. because now that I unlocked new tracks, I bet JC's music got ****ed up as a result. Gonna try reinstalling JC's music selections and see how it all goes down.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Shadic doing some shady buffing to make his main imbalanced

edit: yeah,...
just took the time to install all the music again and it's still not working. I didn't add any new textures... and it was working this morning.. what the fffiretruck is going on D:<

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman

just took the time to install all the music again and it's still not working. I didn't add any new textures... and it was working this morning.. what the fffiretruck is going on D:<
Did you put it in the right directory?

HandsOffMahBread

Smash Rookie
Hey Project M guys,

So....Ike's ->B dash attack is no good. It goes right past the enemy no matter which way you come at them. I didn't see this on the list so just wanted to point it out. Haven't had too much time to play the demo, but so far amazing job. Please keep up the great work!:)

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey Project M guys,

So....Ike's ->B dash attack is no good. It goes right past the enemy no matter which way you come at them. I didn't see this on the list so just wanted to point it out. Haven't had too much time to play the demo, but so far amazing job. Please keep up the great work!:)
You have to press A/B to do the attack. It's manual.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ninja'd

but to be more specific, tap B to attack on command or simply hold A for it to auto attack when within reach

Revven

FrankerZ

daze, sounds like you might have gotten a custom stage sent to you by Nintendo? Make sure you have turned off the Smash Service in WiFi options by going through Brawl normally and THEN moving your Wii's clock forward in time.

Otherwise... I'm not sure if that's not the issue lol.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah I did put it all in the right directory. Found the problem, though.

When was reinstalling all the music, I thought I could just drag and drop JC's SOUND and MENU2 file folders into my SD and it'd be all fine from there. But because of the way copying and replacing works, my SD didn't have sufficient space to do what I originally intended. (It essentially puts both entities, old files, and the new ones replacing them, on the same SD when copying and replacing files.. and JC has over a gig worth of music files so that isn't gonna happen on 2gig SD card) So I thought I had to delete some textures to make some room, but the filespace I freed was minimal. So I found out what I just explained and straight up deleted all the music files that I currently had on my SD, and dragged the entire list of brstms over into the empty sound folder on the SD. I then added back the textures I removed, but I accidently added a bugged texture, so the result was that my new reinstall didnt work. Just took out the textures I recently added and now it works fine.

Sorry to start another "HELPMEWAHH" ****storm again lol :D

TLDR: everything is a-okay. ^_^ sorry to bother you all! but all your help is VERY much appreciated! you guys are all seriously such dam nice people lol :D <3

`dazrin

Smash Champion
It IS a little too much rock/electric guitar for my taste.. (which is fine, but it's almost to the point of too much... but not QUITE there yet :D)

But nah, his music is awesome :D

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Dracula's Castle -> Luigi's Mansion
Temple:M -> Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle 65 -> Bridge of Eldin
Dreamland 64 -> Green Greens
Donkey Kong 64 -> 75M
Fountain of Dreams -> Mario Bros
SSE Jungle -> Distant Planet
Metal Cavern -> Mushroomy Kingdom
Saffron City -> Spear Pillar

Should be all of the 'new' stages.

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yup, there's one in the strm folder. Well not exactly, but the song names allow you to figure out what was changed.

Also, messing around with the text files is hilarious.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Can someone point me to a a brstm of just pure silence? I don't want music on the results screen, even if it is Queen.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
This is very minor, but... the graphical tag for Kongo Jungle 64 reads that the stage is from Donkey Kong. Shouldn't it be Donkey Kong Country, seeing as that's where the stage originated? I'm just pointing this out because it can be changed without interfering with other stages' tags.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'd like to report a bug....or at least something lolzy. I am going to try and get some footage of it but the LVL 9 Peach doesn't play like a computer...if this is not a bug then it's ****ing funny. She is a beast, plays more like a human then any other computer I've faced so far. She did work on my roomate and I LOL'd.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well that was interesting.

There I was in my room, testing some of the textures that I added this afternoon, when my brother appeared at my door (a rare occurrance in itself) and asked me if I played any Brawl mods or heard of Project M. He's a pretty casual video game player, hasn't touched his Wii too much since he got a PS3 6 months ago, and mostly stopped playing Brawl after the initial hype died down in 2008. He's also never really played Melee except for a few times with me several years ago. Anyway, he was telling me how he downloaded Project M last night and was playing around with it. He obviously heard about it from the IGN article, or some other site posting about IGN. (I think he assumed that I was familiar with it even though I didn't answer his question, since he knows that I play Smash a lot.) So I followed him into his room to watch him play around and see his reactions. He was just doing FFAs with CPUs and trying to get used to the game after not even touching Brawl in years. The new physics didn't phase him much, aside from the faster falling speed, but he was pretty interested in some of the new moves and stages. He had the typical reaction of slight disappointment that some SSB64 stages didn't have their elements, but he showed equal enthusiasm about the creativity that went into the modified Brawl and Melee stages. He liked some of the new moves too, like Sonic's dsmash, since he thought that Sonic had too many "ball" moves in Brawl (which is true; thank you guys for fixing this). In the end he ended up doing 1v3s against 3 Marios on a team for some reason, and had trouble taking one or two stocks, but it was fun to watch.

The only unfortunate thing that I saw was a freeze when ROB used his Final Smash. But this happened in the first match of the night where he didn't get 4th place, so I still got to joke about the Wii being in disbelief that he didn't lose.

I didn't actually play him myself, but I may attempt to do that sometime later on. I want to see if he still remembers the game after a day.

And there's my story of someone who learned about Project M without any help from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom