• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm not going to believe you, Grim, because I want more time to test Wolf. Even if you're right, he may have better matchups with characters that Fox and Falco aren't as good against. Give Wolf some time.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else experiencing input lag? There's at least a quarter-second delay between tapping the stick and dashing, for example.

Castlevania's stage wasn't designed for widescreen, the mountains in the back are cropped incorrectly.

Other odd, inconsistent bugs include (custom) music pausing and extended controller rumbling on the stage select screen, and the ragequit code not working (it just unpauses)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Umm isn't Wolf's Nair pretty much the same thing as Fox's drill? At least in their use? If you're saying its bad to shffl Fox's Dair then we have a problem.
Ever tried SHFFL'd drill against a good opponent? SHFFL'd drill is like... 2004 **** lol

Its not an awful option, just not as good as Nair most of the time.

And even drill is better than twirly-wirly nair because it has a better hitbox/hurtbox ratio, stays out for longer and combos better.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Again, if I can get over the big disconnect from Melee, especially on things like Toon Link's Air Pluck DJ and the entirety of Falco, and the huge amount of display lag it has compared to Melee, I'd love to come smash with you in, Ohio, right? c:
These two comments make no sense, I don't see how anyone could say they have to relearn Falco completely in order to use him in PM and "display lag" is your TV's fault.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Issue with Jigglypuff, I just did a side by side Demo2 to Melee to make sure.

So I was like "Hey, so Jigglypuff can RAR now. That sounds pretty useful for a character that has a disjointed back aerial that extrapolates really well with her air speed and air acceleration."

Then I tried to do the runturnaround, and she did her dashstop instead. I thought, "Okay that's weird, it was like that in vBrawl too." Oh hold on-

How is display lag the TV's fault when the same TV displays Melee with no problem...?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I love how no one feels the need to answer a very simple yes or no question yet you want to respond to idiots who think a technique that's essentially short hop - wavelanding is too technical. God I hate people so much.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is anyone else experiencing input lag? There's at least a quarter-second delay between tapping the stick and dashing, for example.

Castlevania's stage wasn't designed for widescreen, the mountains in the back are cropped incorrectly.

Other odd, inconsistent bugs include (custom) music pausing and extended controller rumbling on the stage select screen, and the ragequit code not working (it just unpauses)
What kind of TV are you using? If it's HD, there's always going to be input delay for any Smash game.

Custom music pausing is probably on your end, not the mod's, probably SD Card failing. And... there is no rage quit code, it's what it says on the Pause screen to quit. We have not changed it... yet anyway.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm using a laggy TV right now and it isn't lagging any more than Brawl or Melee :/

Could someone make a big post explaining all the intricacies of Sonic's specials? I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around using them.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Continuing on, though.

She did her dash stop, unless I mashed very strongly to do the turnaround. I tried with other characters and they seemed to be able to do their turnaround with no problems. So I thought, "I guess it must just be Jigglypuff in general...? I'll see if she had the same weird dash turnaround problem in Melee"

But she doesn't. I have the feeling this is a combination of this aspect of Jigglypuff not being changed from vBrawl and the way controller inputs are read. Again, she very consistently can do the turnaround in Melee, but the dashstop thing happens in both vBrawl and Project M.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
What kind of TV are you using? If it's HD, there's always going to be input delay for any Smash game.

Custom music pausing is probably on your end, not the mod's, probably SD Card failing. And... there is no rage quit code, it's what it says on the Pause screen to quit. We have not changed it... yet anyway.
Well the custom music only pauses on the stage select screen, so I dunno.

And that's what I meant by ragequit, just a random bug I encountered where it... didn't work. It was fixed the next time I booted the game.

GPDP

Smash Ace
So uh, I think I found a glitch with Lucaryu's Spirit Bomb. I was messing around in training (against a level 9 Ganondorf in Dreamland if it matters), and I used a charge to do a Spirit Bomb while I was right next to Ganondorf. Ganondorf proceeded to pull up his shield, and shielded the Spirit Bomb for a second before I knocked him back with an attack. It was then I noticed the Spirit Bomb was staying right in place where I threw it and Ganondorf was shielding it until it disappeared.

So basically, it appears shielding the Spirit Bomb right as it's thrown in your face causes it to freeze in place and not move forward.

Edit: More weirdness still. I tried to do the same thing, but this time on one of the platforms. Again, Ganondorf shielded it, but this time it began moving backwards very slowly. At this point I began thinking perhaps it got powershielded and I didn't notice, but then when it reached the "edge" of the platform, the Spirit Bomb instantly warped below the platform and onto the floor, where it continued traveling for a second before disappearing.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
So, who's everyone excited to see who isn't already in P:M?

Personally, I'm really excited to see MK finished. It's not that I expect/want him to be another top tier; I just think he'll be really unique and fun. And hopefully not hated anymore.

Does anyone else's random select love Mario?

Every CPU game I play, Mario is involved 90% of the time.
90% of the time, every time.

Even better than sex panther.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Does anyone else's random select love Mario?

Every CPU game I play, Mario is involved 90% of the time.
They already explained why it happens, if random select chooses a character who is not part of the demo roster, you get Mario.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So I just Seismic Toss'd Puff onto the top carpet of Rainbow and she died at 69%...is that supposed to happen? lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wolf does not lack a frontal killer in the air

he lacks a "standard space animal nuetral air" though

so i guess

that can be a complaint

silent wolf loves wolf (and was a primary playtester)

y'all just gotta level up

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wolf just lacks a frontal killer on the air. I gotta say I likd his vbrawl nair, but he's pretty good as he is now.
With my Wolf, I find myself comboing into his ground moves instead of aerials for this very reason.

Because of how good Wolf is at forcing techs, his smashes are all really reliable killers. Fair, Dair, Wolf Flash and Bair are less reliable, but still worth noting.

<3333333 Wolfffff

D

Deleted member

Ever tried SHFFL'd drill against a good opponent? SHFFL'd drill is like... 2004 **** lol

Its not an awful option, just not as good as Nair most of the time.

And even drill is better than twirly-wirly nair because it has a better hitbox/hurtbox ratio, stays out for longer and combos better.
This.

The first problem is multihit moves are weak to SDI. Even if you SHFFL the aerial, you may not get to follow up b/c of SDI.

Secondly, after you hit them with shine, the opponent may choose how to counter your shine. Against Fox you can DI shine in or out which forces him to enact different choices (depending on your character) and increasing the chance he has to mess up.

Then after your DI, you have more options like jumping, spotdodging, shining, etc.

Or you could just Nair to shine like all good players do.

Not to mention you cant CC delayed nair to shine vs good Foxes.

The issue really is that multhit moves arent as good as single hit moves due to SDI which increases the chance of escape or counterattack.

Finally, props to wolf's animation designer for up smash and dash attack. They are supremely beautiful and crisp moves

Xirsch

Smash Rookie
Lucas Ai PKT2 Fix V.1

Here's the fix for Lucas, still has some recover issues that i have to fix with it, but this is much better then the current.

Mario is going to take some time, he's root through the fighter.pac (:mad:) So i going to had to test every routine. (:urg:)
Thanks for doing these. I haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, so I was wondering if the AI kills itself by airdodging while off-stage. If so, do you think that that's something you could fix?

Big thanks to the PMBR for your hard work :)

D

Deleted member

I think its worth adding that Wolf would be such a god damn space animal if he had the same type of nair as Fox/Falco.

It would be more versatile and practical imo.

Actually probably not even imo. It would just be more practical and versatile.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I like how his lack of a good nair gives him an exploitable weakness that CAN be circumvented through intelligent play, but is still there. Its just good game design.

Its just seems weird because Fox/Falco don't have anything like that, so Wolf feels really different to them in that respect. But eh, what are you gonna do, nerf the spacies? xD

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wolf with a spacy nair looks weird tbh. Also, Wolf is meant to be different than the other 2 spacies. Just because he's a star fox character doesn't mean he has to automatically change his moveset to match the other 2 spacies.

D

Deleted member

Well Fox/Falco have two incredible and powerful options for aerials with shine follow ups.

Fox: Dair/Nair to shine
Falco: Dair/Nair to shine

They even have situational other aerials to shine like Fox's upair on shield and both their bairs to shine is an ok option.

Wolf can't do this b/c his fair is too slow to use in a versatile and reliable manner, his dair does not have persisting hitboxes, his up air above him mostly.

Leaves only nair and bair as realistic optons for aerials to do aerial -> shine with. Nair isn't super reliable, and approaching backwards doesn't work for every character which limits Wolf's bair. Situational at best.

Part of the spacie flavor comes from their amazing aerial and shine options with the ability to throw a ton of attacks out with aerial shine pressure.

@Monk:

I wouldn't say that giving wolf a spacie nair automatically makes him too similar to Fox/Falco. Fox and Falco have more similarities than Wolf does to both of them, and Fox/Falco are leagues away from eachother in playstyle.

I'm just saying that spacie nair is like pretty good man.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
VirtualDub.

EDIT: I'm not saying that spacy nair would make him too similar or anything like that. I'm just saying he looks weird with it. Like animation-wise, it looks really weird for Wolf to be positioned like that lol.

D

Deleted member

I think it would look less awkward if Wolf did really cool combos that make me **** my pants

Not that he isn't capable of comboing though. Hes at least decent in combo dept at this moment.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I came up with a specific animation idea for a Wolf sex kick nair that kept in line with his fighting style a while back, but it's hard to figure out how to motion capture for aerials.

Also bair, dair, F-tilt, and to a lesser extent, D-tilt.

Oh, and Valkenhayn F-throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom