• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bair shine is actually really good though.

He can hit so late with bair.

If I could request any change for Wolf it'd be for his shine to hit in a much more predictable way (though that could just be me being bad, but I'd like guaranteed follow-ups out of shine like Falco) and for better grab range, because his grab game is sick.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Seriously everyone just needs to look at this as like the true SSB3, not just a mod. That way we all won't sit here and demand so many changes. While we do have the ability to seek change in things given the dynamic nature of the mod, uniqueness and development of characters and their techs are more important than simply juicing every character to S-tier potential.

Look at every character the way it is, not as to what you THINK it should be. When we played melee, we found ways around character flaws to make it fun and to give every character personality. If you just look at Wolf as what he is, instead of him being another spacie that has to match up to every one of their abilities, then you will be much more satisfied with the entire Project: M experience.

Btw Bowser, Ike, and Wario are all badass and DK's new dash attack is the bees knees

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Thanks for doing these. I haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, so I was wondering if the AI kills itself by airdodging while off-stage. If so, do you think that that's something you could fix?
No Problem. Was going to have to fix them for myself anyway. Just had to wait for the demo to come out encase major changes done to the FitCharacter.pac's other wise i would have done all these already, but i'm still learning how to edit them.

And yeah they still kill themselves, i'm going to working on a fix for that as well, might use this Ai code i found in sheik which causes her to waveland onto the stage as the fix. Don't know when i might have it done though.

D

Deleted member

@Grim

I have problems with Wolf's shine being inconsistent too. I think its the KB growth at higher percents

The DI somebody can use to escape it is potent b/c its at an upward 45 degree angle (roughly).

Maybe if it needs a change, it could be changed to set BKB. That seems reasonable enough to test.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Seriously everyone just needs to look at this as like the true SSB3, not just a mod. That way we all won't sit here and demand so many changes. While we do have the ability to seek change in things given the dynamic nature of the mod, uniqueness and development of characters and their techs are more important than simply juicing every character to S-tier potential.

Look at every character the way it is, not as to what you THINK it should be. When we played melee, we found ways around character flaws to make it fun and to give every character personality. If you just look at Wolf as what he is, instead of him being another spacie that has to match up to every one of their abilities, then you will be much more satisfied with the entire Project: M experience.

Btw Bowser, Ike, and Wario are all badass and DK's new dash attack is the bees knees

D

Deleted member

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Like I said, I might just need more experience with the character, but it really does feel like the game's fault :p
We all wanna believe its the game's fault and were not all horrible scrub noobs lol

On a side note, I like Wolf's blaster.

Its slowness allows Wolf to control the space he shoots the blaster for a longer time than Falco's lasers. Can't be powershielded back immediately either b/c of its slow travel time. Forces jumps at the very least which is a good thing

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wolf has a crazy approach option because of his AMAZING BLASTER that you all seem to think is only ok, and he also absolutely CAN approach with bairs and facing backwards, because in this you can do the RAR (horribly named technique) to turn around and do back airs out of forward dash

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
RAR is nice in that situation, but it doesn't cover every "facing towards opponent" situation where Wolf players would like a good nair/fair.

Wolf's blaster isn't fast. Its a good move, its not amazing simply because of its speed.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
My only complaint so far is that King Dedede has been a massive disapointment for me. Not in terms of character strength or viability though. I mained him for most of the time I played Brawl and was more excited to play him than any other character but after about ten minutes I completely lost interest despite him seeming to be very good. It just seems like he was pretty much skipped in development. He was one of the least interesting characters to play in Brawl so I don't understand why pretty much nothing worth noting was done with him. All the other characters (except melee high tiers) have been spiced up quite a bit. I at least wish he had a good wavedash or something.

On a more positive note, I love what was done with Wolf. I main Falco in Melee and Wolf feels natural while not feeling at all like a Falco/Fox clone. The spacie tech skill translates to him nicely while being used in some different ways. His moveset flows brilliantly and clearly distinguish him from the other spacies. Figuring out you can waveland out of a short hop laser with him was a revelation.

I haven't played most of the new/changed characters and already I am loving Wolf, Pit, Pikachu, Mario, Charizard and DK. Great job PMBR!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Not sure if this was answered elsewhere or if I'm just an idiot, but how do you use Pit's glide attack? Everytime I attack out of side-b glide, it's one of his areals...

PS, really enjoying this so far. Wasn't super pleased last night for the first hour or so, but playing it more today has really turned me more towards the positive. A lot.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me how to DJ Cancel Lucas' aerials? I can do it with c-stick, but I only have marginal success with A-button D:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Those saying that the ability to just have one character in VS doesn't work.... Put time mode. Stocks matches will end because there is no one left but you.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I mained King DDD for most of the time I played Brawl and was more excited to play him than any other character.
Damn he prolly thinks we ruined his favorite character.
He was one of the least interesting characters to play in Brawl so I don't understand why pretty much nothing worth noting was done with him.
.....? It's like you wanted us to save you from yourself or something haha.

DDD was kept largely the same for a couple reasons, but 1 was that he made the transfer quite smoothly from Brawl to P:M, and second he serves as a bit of a tribute to Brawl. You can play him in a similar-to-brawlish style which should be somewhat inviting to Brawl players, or you could play him faster and more in line with a Melee style. He is what you make of him, but I am kindof confused why a brawl player who chose to main DDD of all characters, who was excited about Project:M because of him, would be disappointed that he didn't change that much in transition. =/

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Press Jump really fast, Snipz and then do an aerial with A or C stick. Let go of Jump to do a Melee DJC aerial or hold Jump to do a brawl rising DJC aerial.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't have a complaint about characters specifically. I can already see some relatively easy button characters emerging but it's not the ones that I suspected at all. Pit is a bit more complex to play than he looks but I already suspected as much based on previous test plays. Wario is shockingly easy to use and has alot of high priority...almost cartoonish moves. I think it's funny though. I don't know where people are getting the DDD is garbage thing. So far honestly the only character I find to not be above low tier play is Ness. I mean he's got some things about him that are re worked but ultimately I still see him as ness. G&W Seemed that way too until I realized he could L-cancel and has a shield. LOL

All in all though I think it's pretty evenly scaled. The shields are becoming an issue though. everything seems so easy to just shield grab or OoS attack it almost seems worthless to try shield pressuring. It still works ok with Fox and Falco and a few others with certain attacks but aside from that it feels sort too safe to just shield all the time.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman

I've wanted to say something like along these lines for a while. No one EVER complains like this about Melee, despite P:M being so phenomenally polished as is. People know that if they complain enough there's a chance they can get their way because the backroom has been personal and willing to listen.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The shields are becoming an issue though. everything seems so easy to just shield grab or OoS attack it almost seems worthless to try shield pressuring. It still works ok with Fox and Falco and a few others with certain attacks but aside from that it feels sort too safe to just shield all the time.
Honestly, no characters other than Fox and Falco (and Peach) did sustained, genuinely dangerous shield attacking in Melee...Shield pressure that actually makes it difficult to shield is largely a myth outside of the space animals (or Peach). Typical shield pressure is more about poking at a shield and predicting/covering the opponents OoS options. This is alive and well in PM.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thanks KingClubber for the AI fixes

I'm surprised to be enjoying D3 so much for how simple he is. Usually I like characters that are complex and have fast movements, but I kinda just get him to work.

Also, how do? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqjk5LNFbzA
Charge for 3 seconds or so, then while traveling you have to hit B while inside the opponent. If you do this successfully, you'll have the OHKO happen. If you mistime it, you'll pass through them and do 3%(?) fire damage.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Are the Sonic homing attack poses randomized? It would've been nice to be able to choose which one he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom