• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Maybe the culprit is some of the characters that feel less focused? For instance, I think Snake, Charizard, and Sonic are excellent because they have a specific playstyle and they stick to it while still being appealing. However, characters like ROB and Pit who have gimmicks but can be played multiple ways making them less focused which affects other characters who aren't like that negatively. Does anyone else get this kind of feeling?
I definitely get this feeling.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Yeah, so I know that I am not very popular around here, but I just want to say that I do appreciate the PMBR and I can't thank them enough for what they have done despite I disagree with them on certain design decisions. And I have played demo 2 and I think it goes without saying how excellent it is.

However, upon fiddling around with most of the characters, does anyone else get that feeling like some characters may affect the playability of others? For instance, characters like Link and Marth feel boring now and outclassed by either other character(s) or dull in general. I feel that the only ones who might still be interested in them is their mains. Pikachu and maybe Luigi might also be applied to that category but I'm not sure.

Maybe the culprit is some of the characters that feel less focused? For instance, I think Snake, Charizard, and Sonic are excellent because they have a specific playstyle and they stick to it while still being appealing. However, characters like ROB and Pit who have gimmicks but can be played multiple ways making them less focused which affects other characters who aren't like that negatively. Does anyone else get this kind of feeling?

However, I like all the characters. I still think Wolf won't be as good as Fox and Falco and I think Zelda being able to air dodge from teleport is a little goofy, but aside from that and potential playability issues. Its pretty solid. Great job again.
I think this is because of the changes (and lack thereof) applied to many characters. You feel Marth is dull because there is nothing "new" about him, nothing shiny. But give this demo a few months to work itself out and I promise many will go flocking back to Falcon, Marth, Pika, etc. simply because they are done experimenting with the shiny new chars and remember why they loved the old ones to begin with.

In regards to the lack of focus, maybe that is true, or maybe you just haven't gotten a good feel for the character(s) yet (considering the demo has been out 1 day).

iLink

Smash Champion
why are people complaining about wolf's laser? The move is great, you just need to know at what ranges it is most effective. It was weird getting the timing down at first, but once you know the timing its actually pretty lenient. I can wavebounce waveland all the time and even travel behind two lasers (or even inside of the laser)

If you see you are in danger of getting hit with a sh aerial or something, waveland backwards. If you actually are getting hit, you aren't being very smart about when you are using it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
damn i should really learn ganon dacus one of these days... sounds like it would help me...

@I R Marf: i was gonna say no... but then i realized i'm just hopelessly addicted to marth... so yeah... i kinda agree... but only time will tell i guess...

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
why are people complaining about wolf's laser? The move is great, you just need to know at what ranges it is most effective. It was weird getting the timing down at first, but once you know the timing its actually pretty lenient. I can wavebounce waveland all the time and even travel behind two lasers (or even inside of the laser)

If you see you are in danger of getting hit with a sh aerial or something, waveland backwards. If you actually are getting hit, you aren't being very smart about when you are using it.
I like the move, its really good.

You'd know why we were "complaining" if you followed the discussion.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I'll join the fun. ^___^

Falco d-tilt doesn't kill fox at 115% but at 116%

1% off Fail. lol

King.D is fine, i would have only made two changes, the strength of his minion toss so they go farther and faster. Also i was have giving him a bit less traction, so he would slide a bit during crouch cancels.

For ToonLink all i would have asked for is som extra "Air Stop Mobility'

Sonic is fine now, anything they do to him after this would be extra's.

I'm only waiting for Kirby at this point, and dreaming of a Pichu comeback.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well from what I read, it was just something about being too difficult to do and that it was too slow or something. Did I miss anything else?

Also +1 for wolf's usmash

Not sure exactly how it works, but something cool always happens when I land it.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think this is because of the changes (and lack thereof) applied to many characters. You feel Marth is dull because there is nothing "new" about him, nothing shiny. But give this demo a few months to work itself out and I promise many will go flocking back to Falcon, Marth, Pika, etc. simply because they are done experimenting with the shiny new chars and remember why they loved the old ones to begin with.

In regards to the lack of focus, maybe that is true, or maybe you just haven't gotten a good feel for the character(s) yet (considering the demo has been out 1 day).
Yeah, right now its just a feeling. We'll know for sure if a coherent playstyle begins to form for these characters.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
Well from what I read, it was just something about being too difficult to do and that it was too slow or something. Did I miss anything else?

Also +1 for wolf's usmash

Not sure exactly how it works, but something cool always happens when I land it.
+1 for Wolf.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also I can't help but feel that Charizard's SH non FF bair should autocancel since the move's endlag extends lonnng past its active frames. It would make such a miniscule difference for Charizard since he'd get grabbed or OoS'd anyway, but for the sake of aesthetics, a clean ending to the move would be nice.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hi everyone, while we appreciate your feedback most of it will unfortunately get lost in this thread. If you're interested in making sure your feedback gets heard by the relevant people, please head on over to our forums on Smashmods and make a thread or post in already existing ones. Thanks and I hope you're all enjoying Project M!
(By the way, it might take a 24 hour period after making an account before you can post. It's a measure added to prevent bot abuse. Sorry! If you send me a PM on smashmods I can activate your account immediately)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've already asked SWF Moderators about it; it is not considered advertising in that sense. Thanks for your concern though.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I have a challenge for you all. Who can do the most taunt cancels on the top of the **** tent on Hyrule Castle. It doesn't matter who you use but the taunt cancel has to have a sound play. It's also very much appreciated if you can record it as well. :D

MaxThunder

PM Support
Pretty much you jump and then immediately hit down b, and it cancels into his landing animation of his down b, it looks like he is making a little shock wave.
you can't do that now?.. sounds wierd... maybe the timing is just hard...

Edit: damnit i suck at taunt cancels...

Wolfy!

Indecisive
i have a challenge for you all. Who can do the most taunt cancels on the top of the **** tent on hyrule castle. It doesn't matter who you use but the taunt cancel has to have a sound play. It's also very much appreciated if you can record it as well. :d
challengeaccepted.jpg

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So any other CPU Ai issues? The Mario one is going to take a while.
Airdodging when almost directly next to the ledge.

Its still possible to do it with a platform, but just standing there...yeah I've been at it for 10 minutes straight and I got nothing lol.
The most I've been able to do consistently is like 3-4. It's so hard, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom