• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
dumb thingy: standing backwards at an edge and using Zard's flamethrower has him fall off it..

may be an actual thing, but my brain is fried right now lol

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So, all it takes is a 2 hour wifi session against someone around my relative skill level to really figure out my best characters for this. Thanks "Eisen" from the chat; those were all really fun games and easily the most fun I've had on wifi ever. By the end it didn't even feel like wifi and it truly felt like I was playing Project M for real.

I'm still loving Wario, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of using him. Looks like my other usable characters are Link, Ganondorf, and Bowser, with a little Game & Watch if I want to break a winning streak. My Melee characters really transitioned well here, and also, Ganondorf dittos are crazy. I still can't get over how insane Bowser is now. I can't wait to use him against people playing P:M for the first time and have them accuse him of being broken.

We played on a good variety of stages too. All I have to say is that Temple:M is broken because you can tech things on the sloped floors at 200% and live.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Anybody know how to make a video recorded at 20fps equal to 60fps?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Fantastic work guys.

What was it again that caused the replay/wifi problems? Is it fix-able?
Small bug for Dracula's Castle on the part where two platforms become 1 long one:
......__ __

If you fall straight down from your re-spawn platform, you will fall right through the platform(s). Even after landing, as long as you're in the center of the stage, you will not be able to land on the platform despite jumping up and down through it. This won't ever really be an issue unless you want to hit someone below you when you respawn.

As far as AI goes. I'd say top priority should be not airdodging offstage (unless you're Jiggs or something).
Then, after that, it should be learning new moves. Like Mario deciding to have a down B session in the middle of nowhere.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
...Play it 3x faster?
Ehh well check out what supreme dirt said on a separate thread:

To get to 60 from 50...

It's rather easy, actually.

60 * 60

6 *60 = 360/5

Your new frame rate is 72.

The formula is

60 * 60
x

Where x is the framerate you recorded at.
I use virtualdub for this sort of stuff and according to Dirt's formula my framerate should be 180fps..? Unless my math is horribly wrong o.o

I should probably just use Sony Vegas(even though I can't use it for ****) :/

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has JCaesar ever put up a link to the BRSTM he uses for his menu music (The Prodigy - Stand Up)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm getting really annoyed by the Level 1's jab-spamming.

I just want to practice combos and tech skill, not shield and space stuff :/
From personal experience, playing Level 1 CPUs in Melee helped me build up my combos and tech skill. I'm not sure how the PM CPUs are, but it's counter-productive to pick a CPU level where they'll jab to beat out your attacks.

Also, don't forget to practice wavelanding - it's extremely helpful for combo'ing into Smash attacks if you knock your opponent onto platforms above you. (An example for Fox is UThrow -> waveland -> USmash for the tech chase instead of UThrow -> UAir.)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Hey guys! As an old timer to Melee I finally found about this huge project. I have trouble finding information on installation, though.
I have a softmodded Wii with homebrew -could anybody help me from scratch on how to install this amazing mod?

leelue

Smash Lord
Hey guys! As an old timer to Melee I finally found about this huge project. I have trouble finding information on installation, though.
I have a softmodded Wii with homebrew -could anybody help me from scratch on how to install this amazing mod?
http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/

if you have trouble, go here

http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=ir...lcome to Project M IRC Chat&noServerNotices=1

the second link usually has someone knowledgeable there to help with any issues. If not, check back in like an hour.

The wifisafe option has slightly-off inputs that mostly relate to light-shield presses (it won't register them), but it doesn't desynch if you play online.
The full version is more crisp when you play, but can't save replays.

shanus

Smash Hero
http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/

if you have trouble, go here

http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=ir...lcome to Project M IRC Chat&noServerNotices=1

the second link usually has someone knowledgeable there to help with any issues. If not, check back in like an hour.

The wifisafe option has slightly-off inputs that mostly relate to light-shield presses (it won't register them), but it doesn't desynch if you play online.
The full version is more crisp when you play, but can't save replays.
This is incorrect, it will detect light presses, but it cannot discern between full press and light presses, so even a light press will trigger an airdodge. It additionally cannot buffer cstick inputs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's difficult to decide. I think when Silent Wolf was actively using him, it was probably him. Otherwise I'm not very sure. Vigilante Blade knows the character pretty well though, as does shanus although I'm not sure how available he'd be for questions.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fly Amanita is definitely the best active Lucario player right now, but Vigilante and Vanguard also understand the intricacies of the character well. And shanus of course.

He's actually put up all of his custom music. The man has excellent taste.
My brstm collection has probably more than doubled in size since then. I'll upload them all to the same Mediafire account soon, maybe tonight.

And thanks :)

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PMBR; Who is the best Lucario player in your midst? I want to talk with them.
Leffen and Mahie spent 3 hours just talking about Lucario and finding out what moves had what frame advantage and such because they want to try and map out combos for frame trapping and shield breaking (even though Lucario's moves have low shield stun). So it sounds like Leffen and Mahie's Lucarios will probably be just as good as Fly Amantia's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom