• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
first match with the new demo.

I pick Falcon.

Stomp, nair, up-air, up-air, knee, accidental taunt cancel (was just taunting as soon as possible, like I do in melee)

I like

feels good

PEEF!

Smash Hero
any1 have any tactics for beating ike? he literally ***** me every single time. i cant gimp him either.
To edgeguard him, just grab the edge and do a well timed roll off like in Melee.

He is easy to combo, and you should be able to bait out one of his laggier moves and punish. Thats how I do it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Who do you play as oldeeber?

And why falcon first match Stevo? Not hating, just thought people would try the new chars first.
wanted to pick a Melee character to just see how it compared.

pretty good I must say.

Oh one thing though.

SO ANNOYING CHALLENGER APPROACHING EVERY LIKE 5 MINUTES LOL

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
nothing he has seems to be laggy enough to punish, and if it is, he has enough range to keep me out before i can punish him. the person i was playing plays somewhat defensively and has really solid spacing. and i was playing as a majority of the cast, but i was doing the best as toon link and mario. still lost tho..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
...So your issue is... Wolf's lasers aren't as easy and braindead as Falco's.

I think we did our job.
Then why not make Falco's and Fox's harder while we're at it? Swap their land cancels for AD cancels as tight as, *gasp* no, even better idea... MORE DIFFICULT than Wolf's and see what people think of it. It should be a good idea since clearly how Fox and Falco have their lasers are bad, right?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
bcuz melee

the whole point of Wolf is to be unique, but still fast and technical. as far as AD canceling his blaster goes? it's a slow moving projectile; you don't need to land cancel it to be able to use it as an approach option. if you don't like wolf though then don't use him; there are several players that love everything about him.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
he just kills every1 at such low percents and has a really solid recovery.. i guess projectile spamming IS the solution

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oldbeer, you can bait his aerials and tilts and punish easily. If you think there is not enough lag then you aren't punishing properly. That is just the fact of the matter. Projectiles are not the end all. Falcon can easily handle Ike, and he does it by dash dancing and punishing. Marth's aerials and tilts can be punished if baited, and Ikes are much easier. Just work on your dash dancing and aerial/tilt punish speed. I assure you it is not a balance problem.

Then why not make Falco's and Fox's harder while we're at it? Swap their land cancels for AD cancels as tight as, *gasp* no, even better idea... MORE DIFFICULT than Wolf's and see what people think of it. It should be a good idea since clearly how Fox and Falco have their lasers are bad, right?
Honestly all I hear is you yelling very loudly "I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR LESS THAN ONE DAY AND I HAVE NOT DISCOVERED AN AMAZING USAGE FOR A BRAND NEW TECHNIQUE WITH A BRAND NEW CHARACTER!"

Why is this not surprising?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Keep in mind that the game is balanced based on competitive play; most of our playtesters are good at the game. If Ike seems a bit too powerful because you find it difficult to punish his attacks (although they are punishable, it can be difficult for someone who doesn't take the game as seriously as we do), try using someone like Bowser or Dedede who are also designed to be strong.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
ya ur right, i just need to keep mixing it up and find something. i was just getting 2-3 stocked consistantly for a few hours, and he seems so easy to play that he comes off kinda op

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No Side-B Death Sheik Ai

Here we go the prefect version, this one won't Side-B death for sure.

-

Imma try to fix the Mario Down-B if a few. Got stuff to do.
I just happened to come by this while searching through the thread. Is there any chance AI patches like this will be collectively placed somewhere on the Main Site? Instructions for where to put them and how-to...etc. It would help I think.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
ya ur right, i just need to keep mixing it up and find something. i was just getting 2-3 stocked consistantly for a few hours, and he seems so easy to play that he comes off kinda op
Ike was kinda like that in vBrawl imo, he was easy to pick up and very effective at low to mid level gameplay.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I was just wanting to say thank you for the great demo !!!!

I also wanted to say i encountered a pretty funny glitch. I was using ganondorf and my friend was testing ike out( nice job on ike btw ), anyways, ike used up B and my ganondorf was hit by the very peak of the attack and it sent me flying way above the screen. It was almost like a super-jump or something... I was above the stage boundaries for a good 4 seconds and i was only at 9 % damage. This was on fountain of dreams

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Odd, it's like Fox and Falco are 10-year top-tier veterans of a game whose physics we're emulating, while Wolf is a character that we're able to custom design to be as rewarding as difficult as we see fit? :awesome:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I also wanted to say i encountered a pretty funny glitch. I was using ganondorf and my friend was testing ike out( nice job on ike btw ), anyways, ike used up B and my ganondorf was hit by the very peak of the attack and it sent me flying way above the screen. It was almost like a super-jump or something... I was above the stage boundaries for a good 4 seconds and i was only at 9 % damage. This was on fountain of dreams
As in, the KB on Ike's UpB sent you up high? If so, that's intentional.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Ike is not over powered. His attacks are very strong, but as every1 else is saying, with good spacing you can easily punish because his attacks sort of linger and have end lag ... i was wrecking ike earlier with falco and wario.. and OMG wario is so fun to play <3 demo2

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So, Wolf, Charizard, and Game and Watch seem really underwhelming. Especially Charizard. Awful cooldown on everything, jittery spacing options, and an extremely telegraphed recovery aren't warranted on a character who can neither kill as well as Ike nor traverse the stage as well as Pit.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I never realized I use the B button to do get up attacks in melee before now HAHA.

Can someone explain Sonic's down and side B to me in terms that someone who has never really played brawl can understand?

Speaking of Charizard though, took me 3 matches to realize you can press down-b in the air to glide lol

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
As in, the KB on Ike's UpB sent you up high? If so, that's intentional.
No not the Knock back. It was like a weird super jump and i went flying upwards. It reminded me of links super jump from melee. I was above the stage boundary for about 3 seconds and i was only at 9% after being hit. Prob just a freak accident lol

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
So, Wolf, Charizard, and Game and Watch seem really underwhelming. Especially Charizard. Awful cooldown on everything, jittery spacing options, and an extremely telegraphed recovery aren't warranted on a character who can neither kill as well as Ike nor traverse the stage as well as Pit.
i cant agree with this about wolf. I think wolf has a great potential to be high teir

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Wolf's laser is a slow moving projectile that can be air dodged out of.

A SLOW MOVING PROJECTILE THAT YOU CAN WAVELAND OUT OF.

Unlike a land cancel, a waveland allows you to alter your momentum entirely. You can waveland forward to move in tandem with your projectile (wtf most characters would kill for this), or you can waveland backwards to facilitate camping (lol laser camping with Wolf?) You can even get ahead of your own projectile, come o dude that has applications!

And it's not particularly difficult. It's easier than short hop double lasers so....yeah

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
hey, any PM players in Northern VA? or any tourneys or somethin like that? i know this is prolly the wrong place to post this, but i doubt il find PM tourneys in the tourney section

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
It is the knockback on it. It's designed to do that.
well, the other time he used that i barely jumped out of the attack.. like i was up in the air for a good amount of time. it didn't kill me though, just sent me really far up and i fell back down. I think i may have done a really glitchy jump using the momentum

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Wolf doesn't have the utility of instantly setting up momentum like other space animals, but he has a pretty good Oki game that I assume is made to compensate for this. Unfortunately all his setups are slow and require him to already have the momentum in the first place, making it directly subdue any advantages a good oki game would have.

Ness's down B having no utility is a let down as well. I at least expected to be able to use it to turn around a DJC instantly.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Jesus christ I've never heard worse analysis.

Have you ever Ftilted with Charizard? It is one of the best grounded spacing moves in the game. How bout dtilt? Bair? Have you ever utilized the fact that Charizard has a faster dash speed than Marth (and is faster than Pit since you mentioned it)? How bout his huge grab range or super quick jab that has good range and leads to everything?

Awful cooldown on everything? Do you know how to Lcancel or use any of the above mentioned moves?

Comments like this make me so incredibly angry.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
Jesus christ I've never heard worse analysis.

Have you ever Ftilted with Charizard? It is one of the best grounded spacing moves in the game. How bout dtilt? Bair? Have you ever utilized the fact that Charizard has a faster dash speed than Marth (and is faster than Pit since you pointed it out)? How bout his huge grab range or super quick jab that has good range and leads to everything?

Awful cooldown on everything? Do you know how to Lcancel?

Comments like this make me so incredibly angry.
when i played zard i think he had a lot of good options to space him out away from his opponent.. and damn i never knew he was that fast :)....

the only thing that seems weird so far is mario.. he is like so improved

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wolf is really good. Not as good as the other spacies, but still amazing.

Wolf doesn't have the utility of instantly setting up momentum like other space animals, but he has a pretty good Oki game that I assume is made to compensate for this. Unfortunately all his setups are slow and require him to already have the momentum in the first place, making it directly subdue any advantages a good oki game would have.
Bair, his throws and laser ALL set up his amazing combo game.

He doesn't have a sex kick, and it is a little harder to KO (at face value, at least, I'm still learning the character); Thats all that sets him apart from the other spacies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I wasn't aware that dash speed is the only factor in determining ability to move around the stage.

Charizard is on a 2 for 1 sale at best.

I'm still trying to figure out how to L-Cancel D-tilt and F-tilt's remedial endlag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom