• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That means you didn't use the Demo 2 .gct file.
EDIT: oh, I see. you do have all the stages, but the CSS code just didn't take affect. Try redownloading?

iLink

Smash Champion
Approaching falco is like a universal thing. Use platforms or powershield.
Marth, get him to swing his sword and miss.

If any character gets hit they sort of get comboed.
Those 2 were just the extreme examples, I literally feel helpless in those MU's. I still think its a problem against most characters.

Sure it's only the first day but it's already kind of a turnoff for me because I wanted to use him. Oh well guess there's 28 other characters.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You have to be /inside/ the opponent and hit A (or B?) AND have the sideB charged up for like 3 seconds so when you travel it does fire damage. It's insanely hard to hit with because the timing is extremely hard, you have to charge it for a long time, etc. It's a OHKO that's worth it if you can pull it off though lol
Ah, thank you. It's B. After a few tries I was able to get it on normal speed lol.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
actually u can get in on the stage way further then shown in this video, since this were my first tries, u can actually do it as far as ~ 1 marth tipper f-smash range

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, I always rage whenever Sheiks employ that, with Marth at least its hard to deal with it.
Of course, edgeguarding Sheik with Marth in general is harder than vice versa.

Even the regular one is not all that perfect if the person is wee bit slow. Wavedash back and grab the ledge. Shiek dies.

The version in that video makes it look there is even more time to wavedash back and shiek die for it.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
Even the regular one is not all that perfect if the person is wee bit slow. Wavedash back and grab the ledge. Shiek dies.

The version in that video makes it look there is even more time to wavedash back and shiek die for it.
well from where u want to wavedash without getting hit? what i tried was just shielding it + fastfall, but shiek was faster on the edge as well.

note: this is not an improved vid, if u do it right u can cover really really much space with it.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Anybody else find the Meleefied character models to look better visually? It might just be that you can't notice the jaggies as much and the smooth as butter gameplay putting me in awe constantly, but it looks better to me.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
it's bad for the same reasons it's bad in melee. You can move freely until the poof, then you have to be out of the way or shield or spotdodge. In melee you could also clank with the poof to nullify the hitbox (dunno if thats true in P:M).If you ever get to the edge shek loses. Poofing right on the edge is probably better because it protects people from stealing the ledge more.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
it's bad for the same reasons it's bad in melee. You can move freely until the poof, then you have to be out of the way or shield or spotdodge. In melee you could also clank with the poof to nullify the hitbox (dunno if thats true in P:M).If you ever get to the edge shek loses. Poofing right on the edge is probably better because it protects people from stealing the ledge more.
Yes, you can still clank through the poof of the move.
Also this was in Demo1, so I'm not sure why it's being a new subject of controversy now.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
didnt notice it in demo1, as well u can do it above, of course but with the oppurtunity to do it as well on the stage its even harder to punish and u can get free damage even easier

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm trying and failing to see the applications of Airdodge out of Laser for Wolf, mainly because it comes so late. He doesn't get the kinds of height options with his Laser as other spacies because you can't cancel into AD until pretty late in the move.

What upsides does Wolf's Laser have that makes it so it doesn't deserve low to the ground lagless lasers like Falco and Fox? Why can't he cancel into AD earlier, like the frame after the laser shoots or something like that?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
SideB has the special property of extending the height and horizontal length of the hop by holding the B button long enough.

It's important for sonic's aerial mobility, however sonic will go diagonally down if you use it a second time in the air.

It has invincibility in the beginning as it always had, so it's also a good countermove and anti air.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm trying and failing to see the applications of Airdodge out of Laser for Wolf, mainly because it comes so late. He doesn't get the kinds of height options with his Laser as other spacies because you can't cancel into AD until pretty late in the move.

What upsides does Wolf's Laser have that makes it so it doesn't deserve low to the ground lagless lasers like Falco and Fox? Why can't he cancel into AD earlier, like the frame after the laser shoots or something like that?
You might want to practice SH Laser Wavelanding a bit.

iLink

Smash Champion

You can travel literally inside of the laser if you do it right. Wavebounce waveland is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom