• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Now I've never been a fan of items...

But I just found out you can dropzone>final smash with Falcon.

Landry

Smash Ace
Can't wait to get out of class and play some more with my roommates. I played a bit last night but everyone was asleep so I only got to play CPUs. Excited to report back with matchup stuff after real vs play.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Is there any way on this demo to select certain stages to be the only ones picked from the random option (like in melee)?

I'm way too lazy to pick the ones I like and too indecisive to decide from those.

:phone:

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Really diggin' Lucas and Wolf. Amazing work on the project guys. I can't really play Fox on it though, my timing is WAY off(probably the 1 frame thingy affects me more than it should -.-). Thanks for all the hours you guys have invested in making this wonderful game :).

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there any way on this demo to select certain stages to be the only ones picked from the random option (like in melee)?

I'm way too lazy to pick the ones I like and too indecisive to decide from those.

Yes, you have unlock the option first though. I forget how you unlock it atm, you should eventually get it through playing matches though.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Brawl must have more delay on a non-CRT tv than Melee or something because everything seems extremely off by a noticeable amount.

And Toon Link has a smaller window from bomb pluck to double jump than Young Link did?

iLink

Smash Champion
Apparently some character vertex hacks totally mess with the camera. I was using the Rosalina one on YI and Skyworld and the camera just spazzes out.

iLink

Smash Champion
It seems to be only that one that is giving me problems for now. I'll just remove it.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
The wavedashing problem, as we have explained, is that there is a 1 frame delay before you start moving from an airdodge. You have to become accustomed to this, it takes a day or two, but after that it should be fine. I know exactly where you are coming from, it was difficult at first for me to time wavedashes and wavelands because of the 1 frame difference, but you will adjust to it I promise =]
Yeah, I'm sure I will. I played and streamed some more today and Wolf is super super fun, I love playing as him but I can't waveland his blaster lol. I wish Wolf had a similar utilt to Falco/Fox, some of his combos are hard to continue.

Pmac

Smash Cadet
Hands down, this is what Brawl should've been. I am so estatic that the smash community has people willing to put in the hard work and effort for a project like this. Honestly, so much kudos to you developers. It's so much more than anything I expected already.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I have to say I'm not a fan of the camera in Wario Ware. I'm not used to melee cam anymore lol

Anyway, so after trying to change the info2 and menu2 folders I kept getting a crash. No matter how many times I tried, it would crash after the strap loader. My problem? Brawl Box 0.66 was adding like 5MB of nothing to the files. I was able to fix it with 0.66b. >_>

That aside, there's so much to love in this demo. Ness is incredible. aerial fastfall pkfire>rising dair on recoveries kills people. Love the yoyos (downsmash has this crazy range!), and fair feels strange but it works. New DJC took a bit of getting use to, but it works great. Love this character.

I haven't been able to try a lot of things out due to the inconvenience mentioned above, but this is incredible!

D

Deleted member

you upB back to the ledge in the vid, what part exactly do you get "back on the stage"?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Great job guys, there is one problem i found though.

Pressing B does not make your character do a get-up attack from the ledge for whatever reason.

And there are some really really really minute details about Ness that are off but nothing out of adapting range. One example is falling through a platform then DJC a uair, and still landing on the same platform, it doesn't work as consistently anymore. That may just be the landing detection not being the same on his uair as in melee.

leelue

Smash Lord
My camera is nauseating at times, especially if peach is onstage. It seems to zoom in more than I expect when two characters are fighting for the ledge, almost as though we are crossing some threshold back and forth that the game is using to keep track of what camera to use.

Let's see, what other criticisms do I have...
Peach's up air still makes her drop a tad, so I can't float close to the stage and use it without landing.

Whoever made the system that allows ike to walljump out of quickdraw is a very mean person. It feels unnatural for me to walljump with Jump. This probably gets easier with time.

I can't seem to get luigi to sweetspot smashville with the missile.

The WiFi version, because you can't light press, is really disruptive to certain characters. Rob, for example, can't charge a top offstage and hold the charge without killing himself (or zairing).

Is it just me or is ganon far worse on the ledge than he was before. Couldn't he do aerials from a double jump and regrab the ledge? I don't know, maybe I'm imagining things.

Lucas' AI tries to use pk thunder and kony2012's himself. It's kinda funny.

And my menu music is stuck playing menu music 2, even if it's off and without a brstm. I don't know if this is the game's fault or if it's something else.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Whoever made the system that allows ike to walljump out of quickdraw is a very mean person. It feels unnatural for me to walljump with Jump. This probably gets easier with time.
You can quickdraw-walljump with tapping the opposite direction as you hit the wall, but the timing is a little on the precise side.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman

You mean random stage select?

You can change it exactly like you would in melee.

Match options -> More options -> random stage

or something like that. I don't know the exact wording.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAnd nobody posted between my quotes.

Sorry for double posting.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
I don't generally play with items but decided to try for fun and found a little glitch. If you are in slow motion (because an opponent grabbed a clock) and grab the ledge you will SD automatically (some of the time). It doesn't take away from the game but an interesting little glitch.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Also only other thing I noticed, Is Wario's crouch suppose to be like that? Its really compact and when you start to crawl it looks really awkward. Also when you crouch out of side-B its even more noticable.

Not game-breaking but aestetically its my only real ugly/awkard thing I saw.

Also you guys were right Tlink's sex kick looks way better when you play then it looked on streams lol.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Also only other thing I noticed, Is Wario's crouch suppose to be like that? Its really compact and when you start to crawl it looks really awkward. Also when you crouch out of side-B its even more noticable.

Not game-breaking but aestetically its my only real ugly/awkard thing I saw.

Also you guys were right Tlink's sex kick looks way better when you play then it looked on streams lol.
I modeled the crouch after Wario Land 4, where he's super compact.

Beyond Wario Land nostalgia I did it with the intention of lowering his hurtboxes even more to hopefully dodge a greater number of projectiles and such... However, upon the release of ToomaiBox I could see that the hurtboxes really weren't affected much.

Therefore, in future release I may either work with the hurtboxes during crouch a bit more or just revert the animation... we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom